HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 8:17 PM

ohh,wow. the photoshoping actually looks betteer than normal. the first one seems really bright and glowy,especcialy Trinity back there.

I would love to see some modern lowrise. you know with the funky shapes and shoved in between rowhomes tht are so popular nowadays. Staunto is a very glassy city,especially on the side with the Financial center. some modern,glassy,curvy things on the side from jefferson would look pretty sweer though,behind all the new lowrises. the contrast would look neat,but I wouldent go solid glass. think mostly glass like Trump Chi,or some other things in chicago.

But keep it up,ethier way!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 2:02 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I love this picture, it looks so...Idk I just love it. And I love that blue building with the curved roof. I also like that middle building. Reminds me of the Qwest Tower here in Seattle.
Quote:
The view from the Galcorp Plaza.
I like this picture too but what are the concerts about?
Quote:
The view around Westly Avenue & 11th Street.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 2:06 AM

Bands performing live? concerts?

But who would wanna lease Galcorp plaza? JK

mnkymanfoo11,qwest towers location,Unless he talking about quest plaza,

1600 7th Avenue
Seattle WA United States

Last edited by Austin55; Apr 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 2:08 AM
Feel Good Inc.

Where's the Qwest Tower in Seattle I have no idea what or where it is?

In the second shot looking up the street on the left side, the old tower there is the the GSB or is it some oher building? It looks pretty cool with all the setbacks.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 2:39 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post

mnkymanfoo11,qwest towers location,Unless he talking about quest plaza,

1600 7th Avenue
Seattle WA United States
But, there's like57 Saturdays in a year. That many bands? Are they like large famous bands or like local bands or both. I wouldn't do it in a plaza. Bitches, pay up if you wanna see/heat the band.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 3:12 AM

Wow! patrick looks great!

i think you guys are looking to much into the sign

besides if it were real it doesn't necessarily mean its a dif band every saturday...

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 3:45 AM
Editor

Quote:
Staunton is a very glassy city,especially on the side with the Financial center.
What! No it isnt, I mean just the Staunton Financial Center is really the only big glassy thing besides the Southport Towers in Staunton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
I like this picture too but what are the concerts about?
Quote:
Quote:
But, there's like57 Saturdays in a year. That many bands? Are they like large famous bands or like local bands or both. I wouldn't do it in a plaza. Bitches, pay up if you wanna see/heat the band.
Yes pretty much, bands playing live. But these arent like major bands, just new fresh ones of different types.

The Galcorp Plaza isnt just a tri-towered office complex, but also has two hotels and a shopping mall. The Galcorp Plaza is a popular destination for locals and tourists to eat/dine/shop. So every Saturday evening, at its most popular time, a band will play in front of the crowd, many whom are dining. What a night! Get it now? Major bands arent allowed to play in the plaza, as this has only happened a few times, its a big place but also a fancy place and too many people will trash the plaza, not to mention the traffic in Downtown because of a major concert. So if any major band will play Downtown, it will be at the Monmouth Park West stage (not built yet, but a huge outdoor apitheature by the Staunton Financial Center).

Theres bands playing at my mall every week on Saturdays usually at night, thats were I got the idea from.

Quote:
Hahaha but yes the Galcorp Plaza is one of the most prestegious office spaces in Staunton and is almost fully leased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkymanfoo11 View Post
In the second shot looking up the street on the left side, the old tower there is the the GSB or is it some oher building? It looks pretty cool with all the setbacks.
No thats not the Garden State Building, its the Stevenson Insurance Building, its been with Staunton for a long long time, I'll post some info on it eventually.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 3:54 AM

PAtrick acutally Staunton's looking god too.
GODcorp next?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
Feel Good Inc.

Really looking foward to some updates, we can't comment if there is nothing here guys.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 1:07 AM
All aboard the Failboat

Love the plaza view, the building right across the road from the plaza reminds me of the old 7 WTC and the stevenson insurance tower looks pretty sweet too.

EDIT: Just looking through some old pics of staunton, pat would the textures on the stock exchange be from the Jewelers Building in chicago?

Last edited by Wrightguy0; Apr 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 3:37 PM
World Machine

I really like the plaza. It's a fine example of my architectual liking. I also like the creativity in regards to the concerts. It's a good way to bring life to a plaza, park, etc.

I remember the WTC had those in its later life as well. In fact, I believe there was one slated to take place in and around the time of the attack. The only reason I remember that is because I saw a stage there and a few banners at the time.

Keep it how it is though. It fits the complex well.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 5:59 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

hmmm... Galcorp Residential Tower?

Link

Other than the shape I see no resemblance but the shape really stands out.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 8:33 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightguy0 View Post
Love the plaza view, the building right across the road from the plaza reminds me of the old 7 WTC and the stevenson insurance tower looks pretty sweet too.
Yeah thats the Atlantic Security Bank Building, I plan on redoing it, honestly I really dislike the building and its poor quality, I plan to make it look more confined and windowless in some parts, the idea was that the building would be one of the most valuable buildings in Staunton, home to Atlantic Security Bank, and several coffices from the FBI to the CIA, pretty much and modeled off of the original 7 World Trade Center.

This was the original building from the last version of Staunton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightguy0 View Post
EDIT: Just looking through some old pics of staunton, pat would the textures on the stock exchange be from the Jewelers Building in chicago?
Yup, well the Stock Exchange Tower dose use the Jewelers Building's textures, the Stock Exchange itself (I think I've only showed once) is also modeled off of a building in Chicago, I don't know its name but I think its on Wacker Drive nearby the Jewelers Building, 35 East Wacker, right?

Quote:
hmmm... Galcorp Residential Tower?

Link

Other than the shape I see no resemblance but the shape really stands out.
Yeah I really like this new building proposed for Chicago, I really hope it gets built, and yes! It dose look like the Galcorp Building

So its been like 2 1/2 Weeks since I've updated, and I've put up some postmodern buildings (nothing over 40 floors) near Callahan Village, they dont make a huge impact on the skyline but are noticable, I'll post a skyline shot soon.

As Downtown comes to a close, this is what I'll me working on:

Blocks and blocks of Warehouses & Lofts around the Jefferson Bridge, its actually harder to find good textures for these buildings to avoid using the same textures over and over again.

Ahh expect more soon?

Last edited by Patrick; Apr 27, 2018 at 6:30 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:17 AM
All aboard the Failboat

It all looks cool

And yes jewelers is 35 E.Wacker, I can also see some of The Chicago Board of Trade, perhaps that's the one you're thinking of, it's at the intersection of Lasalle and W. Jackson Blvd.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 1:50 PM

Lowrises look awesome! very nicely done cant wait for the skyline shot

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 3:03 PM
World Machine

That is going to look fantastic when you paste it into the city. I found it amazing on how much better lowrises actually make a city look. The realism will jump out at you.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 3:05 PM

That's a great block Patrick.
I totally agree with Dac on that, but it's also the most difficult part of it all because cities are mostly made of low rises - except for Asian cities.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 4:29 AM
Registered Lurker

As hard as it may be to find different textures, it's certainly worth the effort. They all turned out very real.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 6:27 AM
Editor

I don't want freshmen year to end! But 16 more days, summer, should be a lot done on Staunton.

So I haven't done much, but I've been thinking of new Ideas:

- Yes the New Ganton Bridge is in the future, looking into Staunton's infastructure as well, I'm trying to figure out how to shape the Island withough ripping off Manhattan.

- Centennial Park? A major park between Downtown and Midtown, also in the forcast. Much like Central Park, but I'll try and back away from the simple recangulat grid park plan.

- Midtown, will defanantly happen, I've been trying to figure out the skyline, it wont be nearly as dense as Downtown, nor will it have a new tallest, think of it as a Detroit sized skyline. The tallest building, I envision will be the 5th tallest in Staunton, will have a huge company logo letterboard on it, a real art deco style, and have some sort of huge monument atop it, like an angelic figure. Think of it as Staunton's Empire State Building, besides the GSB.

- Culture & the Rest, I still need an Opera House, Train Station, Modern Art Museum, Area, Football Feild, Baseball Feild, Museum of History. I'll make more stories about Staunton's culture, the Galviston Family arent the only Celeberties in Staunton, theres Also "Jessica Love" a major actor and artist, and "Johnny Heartland" famous stuntdevil and astronaut. I also will need a main man from the Staunton Scorpions (Basketball), Staunton Bullsharks (Baseball) I STILL NEED A NAME for the Football Team and possibly a new one for the Baseball Team, someone help! Staunton Square will be much more realalistic, Staunton will be one of the world's fashion destinations. So for example, originally Staunton Square was all covered with company billboards, now you'll see models and fake celeberties.

Of course thats all in the future

Last edited by Patrick; Apr 27, 2018 at 6:31 PM.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 6:24 PM

very interesting plans! i'm excited to see your ESB based tower!
keep it up

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup