HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
It seems odd that every store would have such an antiquated HVAC system. I can see downtown having problems but all the rest?

Out of curiosity would the systems in the old Eatons in PAC Centre have been upgraded by Nordstrom when they moved in?
Yes the systems in Nordstrom would be brand new (in 2015 when it opened).

It may not be that the system is antiquated and can't keep up, but that they don't want to pay the bills to keep it cool. They really are that broke.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Someone should ask the HBC rep what maintenance they did. I'm guessing they did nothing and we just need another heatwave to prove it. Some guy on Reddit said he talked to a building operations guy at a HBC and said the heating/cooling is controlled remotely from HQ

Other guy said they can't pay for their escalator servicing contracts. And this:

Quote:
I used to do the call-outs for HBC technicians - corporate office would intentionally delay contractor payments or do partial payments, just to buy a couple more months until the end of the fiscal quarter. Months turn to years and eventually the contractors just stop showing up..
https://www.reddit.com/r/VictoriaBC/...wn_hbc_closed/

Winnipeg thread says their AC has been dead since last summer..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/co...o_park_closed/

Last edited by jollyburger; Yesterday at 10:33 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy