HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 1:02 PM

I wonder if Trump has signaled this trend/competition already, and is planing something behind closed curtains?!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 1:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickser View Post
I wonder if Trump has signaled this trend/competition already, and is planing something behind closed curtains?!
I'm sure Trump has his eyes on the competition always. But this one is being watched because it could "trump" (sorry) them all. The site alone is such a valuable one that I'm sure the entire industry is watching. I think it will be a tower worthy of its location, and the city it's in. I hope Rafael Vinoly makes us proud.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 3:36 PM

Any chance this one could be over 1200 ft?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 3:38 PM

There are no height limits on this site, and plenty of buildable FAR (floor area ratio), so, yes, it could conceivably be taller than 1,200 ft.

But it's just guessing at this point.

All we've heard is that it will probably be taller than 1,000 ft.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 9:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Yeah, it's a tower that won't need any special approvals, at least they're planning it that way (the smart way to go), but there are no height limits. Just a matter of financing and design. It will be revealed at the right time, but I'm excited just talking about another 1,000 ft skyscraper for northern midtown. For a while it seemed all the action would be on the west side.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 12:21 AM
World Machine

My guess is that the building will be mixed-use and mirror the concept used by the Bloomberg tower (commercial on bottom and residential on top). With that there is opportunity for this to climb well over 1,000 ft, however I doubt they’ll overshoot it to some 'stand out' figure of 1,200 ft or above.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 11:04 AM
BANNED

3 August 2011
NY Post

By Lois Weiss

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...gb7Zz5wR1dzJ/1

As Post colleague Steve Cuozzo reported yesterday, CIM and Harry Macklowe are making headway in buying out the retail townhouses along the East 57th Street side of the Drake Hotel site.

But it looks like no one is waiting to start working on the site.

Back in May, plans were filed for a new, six-story building designed by SLCE that skirts the townhouse issue by being erected along the rear and vacant 56th Street side and onto Park Avenue. This layout includes retail stores, a lobby, loading docks and cellar levels.

Those plans, however, have not yet been given a green light by the Buildings Dept., and it is unclear if that interim plan, which was likely a "base" for the 70-story skyscraper designed by Raphael Vinoly, will ever be implemented.

No matter, as Macklowe is expected to make a "major" announcement regarding the site come September. Stay tuned.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1TxjnCaxK

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 12:31 PM

I suppose another month wont kill me...

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 2:10 PM
New Yorker for life

^ It'll be here before you know it. Meanwhile, confirmed details may come out before then.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 11:18 AM
BANNED

Bring on Torre Verre, The Drake and 225 West 57th!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-mansions.html

Russian Billionaires Buy in U.S. as Mansions Lure Wealth
By John Gittelsohn and Oshrat Carmiel - Aug 3, 2011 12:29 PM ET .

Quote:
International investors are buying some of the priciest homes in America as the broader housing market slumps and a weak dollar makes U.S. property more of a bargain. Sales of residences above $20 million are rising in New York, California and Florida, which are popular business and vacation destinations for foreigners, according to Miller Samuel Inc., DataQuick and real estate brokers who cater to luxury buyers....

Extell’s One57
The newest Manhattan condo building to catch the attention of foreign buyers is a 90-story tower under construction on West 57th Street by Extell Development Co., according to Mermelstein and Bykov. The property, known as One57, will be the tallest residential tower in New York when completed in 2013.

The 95-unit building will record “a number of signed contracts” in the next 30 days for units ranging from $7 million to “north of” $40 million, Gary Barnett, Extell’s president, said in a telephone interview. He declined to say where the buyers are from, but said inquiries have come in from overseas, including Russia.

Among the contracts to be signed in the next month is one for a full-floor, 6,200-square-foot unit that offers panoramic views of Manhattan, including Central Park, Barnett said.

“Three-hundred-sixty-degree views, unobstructed. That’s something special,” Barnett said. “If you were worth $100 million dollars or you were a billionaire, this is something unusual. If you can afford the best of the best, why shouldn’t you do that?”
To contact the reporter on this story: John Gittelsohn in New York at johngitt@bloomberg.net; Oshrat Carmiel in New York at ocarmiel1@bloomberg.net.

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 5:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Crains New York
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/110809949

CIM closing in on defaulted $29M property loan
Vacant lot on Madison and East 33rd was once slated for a 33-story tower with a 100-room hotel and 69 condo apartments

By Amanda Fung
August 4, 2011

Quote:
CIM Group entered the New York market with a bang last year, when it paid $305 million for the defaulted debt on what was the city's most valuable vacant lot, the former site of the Drake Hotel on 56th Street and Park Avenue, from developer Harry Macklowe. According to published reports, CIM Group, along with Mr. Macklowe who remains involved in the project, is expected to start work on that stalled project some time this year.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 10:23 PM
BANNED

This NB permit was filed with the DOB on 4 August 2011, but it reveals nothing.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=05

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This NB permit was filed with the DOB on 4 August 2011, but it reveals nothing.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=05
One of the documents behind the link shows that the building will only cover 50% of the lot and that the first six floors will contain 124k square feet of commercial space, just FWIW. There is a note that drawings were included as well... I anticipate it won't be too long before we see something for real.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 10:51 PM
BANNED

The drawings also suggest that the tower will sit over a very small portion of the six-story retail structure which suggests that something way over 1,000 feet might rise here.

I recall that Macklowe's old plan called for a tower with a 5,000 sf of apts per floor. That would lead to something very thin and very, very tall if he followed that route.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 11:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The drawings also suggest that the tower will sit over a very small portion of the six-story retail structure which suggests that something way over 1,000 feet might rise here.

I recall that Macklowe's old plan called for a tower with a 5,000 sf of apts per floor. That would lead to something very thin and very, very tall if he followed that route.
I hope it's taller than the Pentominium! 1,700 feet-ish.

I'd be stoked with 1,300-1,400, though.

When do you think this will break ground, RW?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post

You sir I think are crazy.

1,000 feet's good.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
You sir I think are crazy.

1,000 feet's good.
No doubt, but I want more!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 1:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post

Lion,

There's no way it will reach 1700 feet, but I think that 1200 to 1300 is very plausible based upon the footprint shown in the diagram.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 1:48 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Hmmm. I wonder what the plan examination that was DISAPPROVED was.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Pl...allbin=1088583

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 1:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Lion,

There's no way it will reach 1700 feet, but I think that 1200 to 1300 is very plausible based upon the footprint shown in the diagram.
Fine by me.

Just some interesting stats:

Number of 1,000 foot towers constructed in Midtown:

Pre-1931= 2
1933-1998= 0
1999-present= 3 (4TS, NYT, BoA)
U/C/Proposed= 4 (One57, Tower Verre, Drake, 225 W 57th)

So awesome.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive