HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
shame about the height chop, although 79ft isn't the end of the world. Also RIP Richard Rogers. This will be one of the last projects of his era at Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners.
Oh wow. Didn't realize this was a Rodgers piece. RIP.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2022, 7:03 PM

There’s talk that this project has been abandoned by Midwood. Construction equipment has recently been removed. Can anyone confirm?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2022, 7:18 PM

^^Can't imagine they would abandon it so quickly. It's also still listed on their website:
https://midwoodid.com/development

Any construction equipment that has been removed may simply be because the work is done which that equipment was needed for, and there's no need to lease/rent the equipment anymore.

On the other hand, if they do move on and sell the land.... this is another PERFECT example of why we need to see proof of financing IN HAND before approving any demolition of any occupied buildings/structures moving forward. We cannot keep having developers demolish structures all throughout the city and then sit on an empty lot for years to come ---- looking at you Toll Brothers.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2022, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
^^Can't imagine they would abandon it so quickly. It's also still listed on their website:
https://midwoodid.com/development

Any construction equipment that has been removed may simply be because the work is done which that equipment was needed for, and there's no need to lease/rent the equipment anymore.

On the other hand, if they do move on and sell the land.... this is another PERFECT example of why we need to see proof of financing IN HAND before approving any demolition of any occupied buildings/structures moving forward. We cannot keep having developers demolish structures all throughout the city and then sit on an empty lot for years to come ---- looking at you Toll Brothers.
I saw some of the folks on Twitter who were trying to preserve the former buildings on the site suggest the project was abandoned, but it might have just been their assumption after observing the equipment being removed.

Totally agree. If we get another hole here for years it’d certainly be a blow to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
I saw some of the folks on Twitter who were trying to preserve the former buildings on the site suggest the project was abandoned, but it might have just been their assumption after observing the equipment being removed.

Totally agree. If we get another hole here for years it’d certainly be a blow to the neighborhood.
Sounds like a classic “NOW I see the heavy equipment is gone! They’ve abandoned it!!!1!1!” That you see on Twitter.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 1:20 PM

I live nearby - there hasn't been any activity on this site, or the townhouses at 11th and Cypress, in a few months. I can snap a few pics later on my way to the gym if people are interested. All that being said, just because there isn't activity doesn't mean the project is abandoned.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
I live nearby - there hasn't been any activity on this site, or the townhouses at 11th and Cypress, in a few months. I can snap a few pics later on my way to the gym if people are interested. All that being said, just because there isn't activity doesn't mean the project is abandoned.
The townhouse project is making a lot of progress. I believe they are working on the basement and foundations right now. I walk by around lunch there is always a crew working. I think the project at 12th is stalled. womp womp something will be built there its just a matter of time. Same with 7th and sansom.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 2:59 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
The townhouse project is making a lot of progress. I believe they are working on the basement and foundations right now. I walk by around lunch there is always a crew working. I think the project at 12th is stalled. womp womp something will be built there its just a matter of time. Same with 7th and sansom.
Good to hear about the townhouses. The former garage was a handsome building, but at least these townhouses look great (per the renders).

Toll mentioned in their yearly statement (late last year) that they plan to start work in Q2 or Q3 of this year. We will see.....

Anyone have any Midwood connections to find out more?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 5:08 PM

Could be supply chain issues holding up materials? And in that case, it may be more prudent to suspend ops?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Good to hear about the townhouses. The former garage was a handsome building, but at least these townhouses look great (per the renders).

Toll mentioned in their yearly statement (late last year) that they plan to start work in Q2 or Q3 of this year. We will see.....

Anyone have any Midwood connections to find out more?
No, but I think Midwood is also doing the Italian Market apartment building project at 9th and Washington Ave and it took them a while to get that off of the ground too. I think it's officially underway now though?

Yes, Toll will start Jeweler's Row tower this year AND already has their next Philly project in the pipeline.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, Toll will start Jeweler's Row tower this year AND already has their next Philly project in the pipeline.
Is this not yet officially announced? I'm assuming you don't mean Broad + Noble since that's already moving.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Is this not yet officially announced? I'm assuming you don't mean Broad + Noble since that's already moving.
Not announced yet. It's not Broad + Noble, no.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 11:37 PM

Hmmm, Summers intel on new Toll project and previous intel on soon to be announced 500 footer...I sense something is a (500) foot

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 5:11 PM

Equipment is finally on site! I saw a lot of activity as I passed by:

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 5:18 PM

Oh hey this one is actually happening

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:20 PM

At least some good news for the day!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 7:40 PM

Sweet! Did you happen to notice if rebar was on site? Or is this just shoring for excavation?

Also.... do we have any idea what this thing looks like and what the official height is???

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Sweet! Did you happen to notice if rebar was on site? Or is this just shoring for excavation?

Also.... do we have any idea what this thing looks like and what the official height is???
Nope. Suppose we’ll have to wait lmao

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:

It looked like shoring work. I had to cross the street once I saw a truck coming out of the site, so I didn’t get a good look for rebar. I’ll take another look tomorrow during lunch and report back!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2022, 7:36 PM

UPDATE: It's just shoring work. I didn't see any sign of caissons on site. Nevertheless, this thing is definitely moving. The site was very active today, just as it was yesterday

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive