HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 7:21 PM

first time lookin at ur stuff and very impressed....ur building look spotless...luv the round tower with the yellow bits...and the twisting green one ....the reflections are spot on....glad theres no photomatching in them and that every bit of the buildings is your own.......by far the best buildings in design to render in s.spage.....one thing i dont like is how close all the towers are together..........one question is it tough at the top...

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 7:39 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

BITIS Tower

This is the BITIS Tower. In 1958 the first skyscraper in the city's history emerged, the Franco & Daco building. The building stood at 505 feet, making it not only the tallest in the country, but in Latin America. But the building didn't hold the title of tallest for long. In 1886 a small family started a company called the Banco Internacional Tres Islas Marias [BITIS, International Bank of Tres Islas Marias] and by the 1950's it was the largest bank in the nation.

The company began plans to build a new tower, taller than the F&D building. In April 4th 1957 construction began on the new tower. It was completed in 1959 with a height of 543 feet and 40 floors.

The BITIS Tower instantly became a city landmark, drawing tourists from other cities as wel as Mexico and Southern California. The building has served BITIS since it first opened and was declared a national landmark in 1989, 30 years after it opened.

The tower's three last habitable floors have a special feature that makes this tower different from all other office buildings in the country. Floors 37 and 38 each have a resident which was designed for the founder's family of BITIS. Each floor has rooms, kitchens, and many other features which make these condo's some of the most valuable in the city and the second most expensive in city history. There is even a pool on the 37t floor for both units and a large deck on the 38th floor.

Boring stories again, i know... Can anyone guess where I got inspiration for this building? Hint: It's in the East Coast.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 8:19 PM
World Machine

US Steel Building - Pittsburgh ?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 12:13 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

No, but the building that inspired the BITIS Tower is in a city that starts with a P.

Anyways, what do you guys think about Big Betty [BITIS]?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 12:46 AM

Phildelphia savings fund society ( PSFS) Building? (Thank you Judith Dupré.)

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 12:04 PM

International Style is one of my favorites, and I think BITIS Tower represents that style excellently! It's my favorite design in this city of many great designs. This city has a really lovely tropical feel to it.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 7:21 PM
Editor

Okay WOW another amazing update, there's really nothing to say, its an amazing and creative building, and your stories are not boring, I love reading em.

I'm guessing the PSFS Building?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2009, 9:37 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

PSFS Building is right! I also tried to make a 4 letter logo at the top!

Anyways, I have to say that I like PSFS more than Ferraro & Daco. Also Big Beti [Big Betty] has that diagonal front wall so that more people can pay attention to it. Not sure about which building I'll work on next but I gotta start working on my buildings more often cause my city is falling behind.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 9:16 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

The Spire

The Spire is a residential building located in Puerto Del Pacifico in the island of Maria Cleofas. The building is 600 ft. tall to the spires and has 40 floors [36 residential, 2 podium, 2 service]. The buildings height to it's roof is 525 ft but two 75 foot spires crown the tower.

The tower is located one block away from the waterfront in the Vista Azul district. The building features a 48 ft tall by 40 foot wide whole which crosses the entire width of the tower.

The Spire was the third best residential tower of 2008 according to residents of Port Pacific [research and poll done by the Port Pacific Times].

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 11:34 AM

A very beautiful building! Wonderful design and detail! I think it fits in this city perfectly.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 12:20 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Wow, Aleks, you truly are producing amazing stuff. Absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see more.

Anthony

P.S. I really love the architecture of The Spire. Incredibly well done.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Thanks, I really like it too. I felt too lazy to finish the crown so I just did some simple crap and whatnot. Plus the spires.

I think I'll work on some low-rises now but I don't guarantee it. I usually begin to work on small buildings and then I get bored. It's the big skyscrapers that get me going.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 10:26 PM

Cool!

I worry though, will old school syle work out here? Your way of making modern tropical building may clash with stone type buildings.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2009, 3:35 AM
nuttin

I love 'The Spire' ! Probably one of your best
I do think it would look awesome with some fancy glass covering the hole.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2009, 9:48 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Empire Towers

In 2002 the Empire Residential & Hotel Group purchased a plot of land in Port Pacific. The company would build the first Empire project in island history. But in 2003 the company entered financial trouble. With the foundation hole dug, and the foundation walls in place, the building constantly flooded creating problems for the foundation and for the Empire Groups wallets. Yet they refused to sell the lot to the city, which planned "affordable" housing in that same lot.

In 2006 construction began on the Empire Towers. The East Tower [left] would be high-end residential condominiums, while the West Tower [right] would be a 5 star hotel and one of the most expensive in the city. Each tower is 500 feet tall and have 33 floors. Both towers sit above a 3 floor podium with residential and guest amenities as well as the private Empire Club.

The city would allow the Empire Group the build taller towers as long as they created a park next to the towers but the Empire Group refused. The city would was allowing a maximum of 350 feet. In 2005 the Empire Group agreed to build the park to allow each tower to have an increase of 150 feet.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 12:01 AM

Oh those are really nice!! I love them.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 4:39 AM

Aleks... you're amazing.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 6:21 AM
Editor

I'm always excited for your updates, looks amazing as usual.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 7:59 AM
nuttin

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 6:18 PM

It's shame that English isn't my mother tongue, since I'm running out of superlatives. All I can say is Beautiful, Beautiful, Very Beautiful

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup