HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 9:47 PM
Ham-burgher

Hopefully better than Poop-eyes.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 10:58 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Ooohhh I had Churches once in the US and it was awesome, always wanted them to open here, I'm excited! As for existing fast chicken chains Mary Browns is my current fav, however their prices have gotten out of control. A family meal deal there will set you back a mortgage or rent payment lol.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2021, 2:00 PM

Went to North Fork last night, had the truffle fries, bruschetta, and the North burger. It was all really tasty and good quality ingredients. I kinda feel like the décor didn't fit the food, but maybe I just don't get what they're going for? Cool place though, I'd go back.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
Went to North Fork last night, had the truffle fries, bruschetta, and the North burger. It was all really tasty and good quality ingredients. I kinda feel like the décor didn't fit the food, but maybe I just don't get what they're going for? Cool place though, I'd go back.
I'm really looking forward to trying it tomorrow evening.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:43 PM
Ham-burgher

Two new small independent grocers on James Street: Lola Latin Grocery, run by the owner of Mesa and a couple of doors south of the restaurant; and Latin Food and Products is coming soon to James and York

As more residential buildings go up downtown, these businesses will flourish. We've shopped at the Lighthouse Fish Market and we're west of downtown, but it was pretty good! They're all a great complement to the larger chains.

https://www.thespec.com/business/202...eet-north.html

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 8:38 PM

More fried chicken coming downtown.

Chicken Plus+ Korean Fried Chicken: https://www.insauga.com/korean-fried...n-mississauga/

Also, a new brunch(?) spot is opening in an unlikely location near Wilson/Ferguson.
https://www.instagram.com/a.m_breakfast/?hl=en

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 9:43 PM

What's the exact address of AM?

It's an odd location indeed, but the east end of Downtown is going to see a pretty big population growth spurt in the next 12 months to support new businesses out that way.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
What's the exact address of AM?

It's an odd location indeed, but the east end of Downtown is going to see a pretty big population growth spurt in the next 12 months to support new businesses out that way.
195 Rebecca St.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interr0bangr View Post
More fried chicken coming downtown.

Chicken Plus+ Korean Fried Chicken: https://www.insauga.com/korean-fried...n-mississauga/

Also, a new brunch(?) spot is opening in an unlikely location near Wilson/Ferguson.
https://www.instagram.com/a.m_breakfast/?hl=en

I was wondering why this unassuming random building got a mural when I passed it multiple times biking down Ferguson. I'm betting someone saw an opportunity down the street In KiWi and Jarvis. With buildings going up around there, international village is no James so there will be demand above and beyond the supply for the area.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 10:34 PM

Also there's a place called Chillis and Chimneys opening in the "basement" unit on the southwest corner of Hess and George. It's unfortunate because I doubt this restaurant will make use of the expansive patio, but one can hope.

https://instagram.com/chillisandchim...dium=copy_link

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I was wondering why this unassuming random building got a mural when I passed it multiple times biking down Ferguson. I'm betting someone saw an opportunity down the street In KiWi and Jarvis. With buildings going up around there, international village is no James so there will be demand above and beyond the supply for the area.
This location actually is pretty ideal, you can see it easily from Ferguson and the development in this area is opportune as rent would be cheaper than on the King strip of the Village.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 4:04 PM

rent for that space is probably comically cheap by commercial retail space standards as it's on a super small residential side street well off the commercial strip.

The mural will do a good job of making it's existence more obvious given it's rather hidden location.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 9:11 PM

FYI...

The former location of Salty Espresso will become Detour Cafe in the near future.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftbeerdad View Post
FYI...

The former location of Salty Espresso will become Detour Cafe in the near future.
Ah shit, I meant to post that after we saw a liquor licence for that address... Ah well

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 6:53 PM

Heard something similar to the old Cat N Fiddle is opening in its location in August. Supposedly will have live music again.

Wondering what happened to plans for the old Gallagher's location. The Motel guys were supposed to be doing something, but they closed down Roswell.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
Heard something similar to the old Cat N Fiddle is opening in its location in August. Supposedly will have live music again.

Wondering what happened to plans for the old Gallagher's location. The Motel guys were supposed to be doing something, but they closed down Roswell.
The Motel crew were just responsible for designing and working on the space, they weren't directly behind is from my understanding. Nothing much is moving on that though.

I did hear that the cat was reopening though.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 4:54 PM

Cowbunga Pizza is taking over the Nique space.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 2:14 AM
It's Hammer Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftbeerdad View Post
Cowbunga Pizza is taking over the Nique space.
Award-winning Hamilton pizzeria adding second location downtown
https://www.insauga.com/award-winnin...2CPAzJeX_OaHrs

A Hamilton pizza joint that has built a foodie following despite COVID-19 challenges is expanding to downtown Hamilton.

Co-owner Justin Tanada confirmed Cowabunga Pizza will be adding a location steps from James Street North, on Vine Street. Tanada said the new location “will feature more than just pizza.”

Since opening in October 2020 with a takeout-only location at 536 Upper Wellington St., Cowabunga has earned strong reviews for its pizza, snack and dip offerings. (The latter include the likes of jalapeno ranch and truffle parm.)

Steeltown Chowdown was the first to report the news of the expansion. It also notes that Cowabunga makes even the elemental cheese slice mouth-watering.

“Their cheese pizza is phenomenal,” the Chowdown account noted on Wednesday. “With just mozzarella, fior de latte and oregano, it really lets the quality of the sauce and especially the crust shine through.”

Presently, Cowabunga is open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. every day. Their hotline for orders (905-575-1717) is usually open around 11 a.m..

Last year, Tanada won an award at the Canadian Pizza Summit.

The new space will be a 30 Vine St., which was formerly occupied by Nique restaurant. IT closed its doors for good in mid-April.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 3:21 PM

Looks like Electric Diner is opening another location in the Lister Block.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 1:21 PM

According to Forge and Foster email, Radius purchased the old Ora club on Hess St.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation