HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 12:12 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Are they not done that yet?
Nope. It appears they are putting up another building (at least that's what it looks like from the opposite river bank.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 3:08 AM

Drone video. They're getting close to completion. I think they'll come in on schedule. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAhSSwafQk&t=198s

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 3:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This item is coming up before Riverview PAC for their September 8th meeting:

Quote:
Jeff MacArthur, Woodstone Properties, Pinewood Rd/Cleveland Ave (PID 05096888) Conditional Use application to: 1) permit more than one main building on a lot, and 2) permit a four storey, 35- unit multiple unit building in a Suburban Commercial zone with variances to 1) reduce landscaping requirements for a multiple unit building and 2) permit parking within a landscape buffer (File 21- 1878).
This PID corresponds to the NE corner of Pinewood & Cleveland. Renders are not currently available, but typically Riverview posts them within a week of releasing the PAC agenda.
There is now new information regarding this proposal for Pinewood/Cleveland, which is coming up before the September Riverview PAC meeting:

Quote:
The subject property is a corner lot located at the intersection of Pinewood Road and Cleveland Avenue. It is approximately 1.5 acres and is currently developed as a Scotiabank. The property owner is now planning future phases of development including a commercial building intended for retail/restaurant tenants as well as a four storey, 35-unit multiple unit building.

Location map

Site plan

Rendering

So, the existing Scotiabank on the property is to remain, with a new four storey apartment building to be built immediately north of the bank, and a small commercial building with two CRUs to be built to the east of the bank (next to the strip mall containing the Great Canadian Dollar Store).

The design of the apartment building (123 Pinewood) is nicer than I expected it would be, and the new commercial building will essentially fill in the space between the bank and the Great Canadian Dollar Store. I like this proposal.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
There is now new information regarding this proposal for Pinewood/Cleveland, which is coming up before the September Riverview PAC meeting:

Location map

Site plan

Rendering

So, the existing Scotiabank on the property is to remain, with a new four storey apartment building to be built immediately north of the bank, and a small commercial building with two CRUs to be built to the east of the bank (next to the strip mall containing the Great Canadian Dollar Store).

The design of the apartment building (123 Pinewood) is nicer than I expected it would be, and the new commercial building will essentially fill in the space between the bank and the Great Canadian Dollar Store. I like this proposal.
It’s nice to see Spitfire change it up a little it. This one looks a tad different than most of their building designs.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 12:11 PM

I'm glad that this one won't be like the other apartment buildings in the Whitepine/Cleveland cluster: vinyl clad with faux stone. This is a step up for sure.

And if the right tenants occupy the commercial building, they'll be successful. There's a lot of traffic in the area, and good density with several apartment buildings. Overall nice additions to the lot.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 5:00 PM

Woah, this would actually look nice with faux brick instead of dark paneling/continuing the pediment material instead of light paneling. Big improvement from Spitfire.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 7:51 PM

I'm impressed with this design.

Almost as nice as 'The Tides' on Coverdale Rd.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
I'm impressed with this design.

Almost as nice as 'The Tides' on Coverdale Rd.
And I like the fact that there's under ground parking, just like the other 4 floor building nearby. I hope it's a trend that continues if more apartment buildings are built in Findlay Estates.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 10:12 PM

Much better video of the new bridge construction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyouIbN7b8A

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 3:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A Jamaican restaurant (Spicy Grillz) will be opening shortly at 567 Coverdale Road in Riverview.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 5:32 PM

I'm not too confident this new restaurant will be successful long term. Coverdale Square, although in a prime location on the main drag, has been the kiss of death for so many businesses in the past. Maybe there's just something about the building that potential customers don't like. I wish them success and hope they do well.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 12:27 PM

A lot of the road gets paved over the course of the latest video:

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
A lot of the road gets paved over the course of the latest video:

Video Link
I wonder if they intend on paving the remainder of the ramps. I would imagine they would take the time to repave all of the ramps at the interchange, it would be kind of half assed if they didn’t.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have apparently begun work on the new roundabout at Pinewood/Pine Glen:

T&T photo

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 4:32 PM

Quote:
They have apparently begun work on the new roundabout at Pinewood/Pine Glen:

T&T photo
Doing the underground work now. I believe they are going to build the roundabout next summer. It's a busy corner that's getting busier. The Fairways development is growing, and when the Kensington Apartments are occupied there'll be even more traffic going through this intersection.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 6:07 PM

The opening of the new bridge has been moved up to the afternoon of September 17th

https://tj.news/story/101658874?ref=...=1631037894805

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
The opening of the new bridge has been moved up to the afternoon of September 17th

Good news, and not surprising. You could tell by watching the drone videos that they were really progressing well with the project. When it opens, everybody will be trying it out!

It's opening at what time on the 17th?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Good news, and not surprising. You could tell by watching the drone videos that they were really progressing well with the project. When it opens, everybody will be trying it out!

It's opening at what time on the 17th?
All it says is the afternoon

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 6:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post

That was just published 15 minutes ago - you were really Johnny-on-the-spot!

This is more than two weeks ahead of schedule. That's impressive.

There is still a lot of work to do in terms of final landscaping etc, and this will carry on after bridge opening, but it will certainly be a relief to get the bridge back open to vehicular traffic.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 6:44 PM

Quote:
That was just published 15 minutes ago - you were really Johnny-on-the-spot!

This is more than two weeks ahead of schedule. That's impressive.

There is still a lot of work to do in terms of final landscaping etc, and this will carry on after bridge opening, but it will certainly be a relief to get the bridge back open to vehicular traffic.
I agree MonctonRad, it will be a relief. I live in East Riverview, and use the bridge often. Although the traffic has been heavier, it hasn't really been that bad. But I must say that I am looking forward to it being quieter. I think the people who would normally use the causeway will be happy that they no longer have to travel east to the bridge to go across the river!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces