HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 11:11 PM

Let's use the money we would spend on a streetcar towards the West Santa Ana Branch (Alameda) option which would actually help mobility in Downtown and could help spur dense residential development in the uncharted territory of downtown. http://urbanize.la/post/metro-explor...nta-ana-branch

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
Let's use the money we would spend on a streetcar towards the West Santa Ana Branch (Alameda) option which would actually help mobility in Downtown and could help spur dense residential development in the uncharted territory of downtown. http://urbanize.la/post/metro-explor...nta-ana-branch
Not gonna happen but I wish it would. Or even a seventh st underground light rail out to Santa Fe. What can you do.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 11:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Yes

Pretty much every other project on the design board offers more utility than a mixed traffic streetcar.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 11:45 PM

Metropolis is offering me a room tour for tower one. But tower one is the small one with the strange window pattern.
I told them I will wait for one of the taller towers and I prefer story 30 and higher.

They also told me that the blue color (top of the core) is just wrap and will change.

They have a deal that ends today:

Quote:
1. We are able to offer buyer up to 12 months of paid HOAs incentive upon approval from developer.

2. Developer will offer clients $10,000 CC as long as the clients can put down $10,000 deposit before the month end, and wire in the rest of 5% within 3 months.

Real DTLA Development Group

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
Speaking of skyspace, I went today! It's perfect for a date night but i wish it was a bit cheaper. 33 dollars for tickets and a 1 time ride on the slide sucks. I would prefer if it was unlimited rides on the slide. That would make it more worth it. Here's some photos.
Great pictures.

To be fair the prices are what I expected. It's $25 for the observation deck.
For comparison -> I paid $32 for the Empire State Building in New York.

It would make no sense for them to give us more rides. You saw the lines and some people don't have the time to wait another hour.
They also need to control the number of visitors and they calculate 30 minutes for each one of them.

The combo deal is great for pictures. You pay $59 for 6 visits that's $9,83 Dollar for every time you go up.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
Metropolis is offering me a room tour for tower one. But tower one is the small one with the strange window pattern.
I told them I will wait for one of the taller towers and I prefer story 30 and higher.

They also told me that the blue color (top of the core) is just wrap and will change.

They have a deal that ends today:
Hey I'll take your tour if you don't want it.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Hey I'll take your tour if you don't want it.
I can give you my contact, but it is a private room tour (you and the Metropolis guy/broker) for people that want to buy a unit.

edit..

But just checked my mail:

Quote:
Yes Tower 1 is 38 floors, Tower 2 will be 40 and Tower 3, 56.

Tower 1 has penthouse units whereas Tower 2 does not. Tower 1 PH units are 8 duplex townhomes in the sky on the top two floors of Tower 1.

Tower 1 closings will begin in December of this year, Tower 2 will be June 2018 and Tower 3 probably 2019.
So looks like Tower 1 is the one with 38 floors, I always thought it's Tower 2 and the small one Tower 1.

In that case I will take the room tour but I will give you my contact if you want.
Just PM me..

Last edited by black_crow; Jul 1, 2016 at 2:23 AM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
I can give you my contact, but it is a private room tour (you and the broker) for people that want to buy a unit.
Well I mean I want to buy a unit, but I don't have money. Does that count?

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Well I mean I want to buy a unit, but I don't have money. Does that count?
If your comfortable in slightly awkward situations, go for it. My gf and I used to check out model homes and often times would get pressured into credit checks and all that, but in reality we could never afford what we were looking at.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
If your comfortable in slightly awkward situations, go for it. My gf and I used to check out model homes and often times would get pressured into credit checks and all that, but in reality we could never afford what we were looking at.
Eh I'm 18. They'll be able to tell just by looking that I can't afford it.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Eh. We were around 18-19 too. Mind you this was only 7-8 years ago. I'm not some old geezer or anything.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 6:04 AM

Quote:
In my earlier years I played it off like my dad had won the lottery and he had given me X amount of dollars to find a place to stay. It was one of my methods of getting into buildings for the updates I've done in the past. It worked half the time, lol.

I'm still very supportive of the streetcar. I explained this on FB, so I'll just copy and paste it:

Quote:
This is where me and you disagree. How? It'll be such a great draw for tourists and residents. It'll make it so much easier to get around to the biggest attractions to Downtown(Fig@7th, Wilshire Grand, The bloc, 7th street restaurant row, Bottega Louie, Pershing Square, Disney Concert Hall, Grand Park, Grand Central Market, Broadway Theater District, Cliftons, May Co, Ace Hotel, Broadway Palace, Case Hotel, then off to Circa, Staples Center, Oceanwide, and LA Live and all over again. That seems like a great addition to me.
Just the presence of it alone would be a tremendous boost to the vibrancy and theme. Besides, the residents approved of a tax on themselves for the streetcar. It's not like those funds can be put towards other projects.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 4:55 PM

Looks like the La Plaza Cultura Village project is about to break ground. They are putting up green construction fencing around the site and there is a bulldozer and a couple of porta pottys on one of the lots. I am excited about this project because it will help bridge the gap between Chinatown and Downtown. It will also create more density around Olvera Plaza which I think is one of the best public spaces in LA but which suffers from floating in a sea of traffic and parking lots.

http://lapca.org/content/la-plaza-cu...illage-project

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 5:45 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^That's really big news. It also has a pretty decent mix of affordable units: 71 to be exact. That's sorely needed.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 6:52 PM

That is good news indeed. I'm also eager to see how Blossom Plaza will turn out further up in Chinatown.

Lots of Metro bikeshare stations are being installed all over downtown in advance of the July 7 start date. I think they just make the streets look so much more pleasant, and I sure look forward to the traffic calming benefits.

Photo credit: South Park LA on Twitter

Photo credit: LADOT Bike Program on Twitter

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 7:16 PM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle rock View Post
They are putting up green construction fencing around the site and there is a bulldozer and a couple of porta pottys on one of the lots.

Quote:
Driving through downtown Los Angeles has never been a breeze, but some frustrated commuters say waiting 10 to 15 minutes to travel a few blocks through the Central City is becoming commonplace.

After decades of relative quiet, downtown is teeming with commercial and residential life.
The growth, coupled with a strong economy and a surge in construction, has sparked what residents and commuters say is some of the worst traffic they can remember.

Numerous high-rise towers are now under construction, including one that will be the West Coast’s tallest, as is another subway project that will snake between Union Station and the west side of downtown. Add that to regular construction and filming, and traffic really starts to back up.

But over a two-year period, the number of lane- and street-closure permits issued by the city rose by 147%, from 43 in March of 2014 to 106 in March of this year, according to a Times analysis. The increases were most dramatic for permits related to construction, which soared 181% over that period, from 32 in 2014 to 90 this year. Those figures reflect the growing popularity of the area neighborhood and the strength of the local economy, which has encouraged developers to resume long-dormant construction and start new projects, experts say. That includes the Metropolitan Transportation Authority subway project and several new skyscrapers, including the 73-story Wilshire Grand.

“From our perspective, traffic is good news,” said Carol Schatz, the president and chief executive officer of the Central City Assn. of Los Angeles.

At a recent City Hall function, a state assemblyman said he counted a dozen cranes towering over the skyline.

Traffic in downtown Los Angeles has been the subject of complaints and hand-wringing for nearly a century. For years, the dense area was the undisputed center of fledgling Los Angeles, drawing workers, shoppers and theater-goers on streetcars and, eventually, in more and more cars.

As downtown’s supremacy declined after World War II, traffic patterns shifted toward the morning and afternoon commutes. Now, the pattern has become more complex.

Much of the development boom of the last decade has been in housing, creating a new class of downtown residents that now number more than 60,000. And a thriving arts, dining and nightlife scene draws thousands more after work hours end, adding more cars and people to the mix.

Since 1999, when the Los Angeles City Council approved a policy that made it easier to convert former business and industrial buildings into apartments, condos and retail spaces, downtown’s population has soared. That boom appears to be continuing. More than 10,000 condos and apartments units are under construction in downtown, of which 4,000 are expected to open this year, Schatz said.

Other construction includes infrastructure investment: mainly, the Metro Downtown Regional Connector, a 1.9-mile subway project that will knit together three light-rail lines between Union Station and a rail hub at 7th and Flower streets.

“It’s just like this traffic sewer,” said Max Podemski, 32, who lives at 3rd and Spring and works in Pacoima. Until the city added traffic officers along the street, he said, he sometimes waited 15 minutes to drive two blocks.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 8:42 PM

Workers on site say Tuesday is the groundbreaking to CIM's stalled 9th & Hope tower:

888 S Hope St by Hunter, on Flickr

Olympic & Hope Metro Bikes by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle rock View Post
Looks like the La Plaza Cultura Village project is about to break ground. They are putting up green construction fencing around the site and there is a bulldozer and a couple of porta pottys on one of the lots. I am excited about this project because it will help bridge the gap between Chinatown and Downtown. It will also create more density around Olvera Plaza which I think is one of the best public spaces in LA but which suffers from floating in a sea of traffic and parking lots.

http://lapca.org/content/la-plaza-cu...illage-project
Good news. I thought it was dead.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 10:40 PM
life is good

Numerous retailers likely to lease space on Broadway

http://www.labusinessjournal.com/new...stage/?page=1&

Ruh roh

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 10:44 PM

Very nice. The LA times just had an article about COS moving in next year. Seems like it's really happening this time

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations