HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
jeez, what's with you people always complaining about the floor number? mechanical floors are taller than office floors, so you can count them twice actually. a regular office floor is 13'4'', and the tower is 1373' to roof. just do the math and you'll get your respective floor number: 103.
This explanation is ridicolous. Every floor must be a roof and it isn't important if the floor is high 3 m or 20 m !!!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 7:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
This explanation is ridicolous.
No explanation was needed to begin with.

FHMarines

Quote:
Sgt. Dakota Meyer, the first living Marine to be awarded the Medal of Honor for actions since Vietnam, signs a beam at the top of the Freedom Tower, Sept. 21. Meyer spoke at a ceremony at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum before touring the Freedom Tower.

Timothy Hartley Smith

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 22, 2011 at 7:49 PM.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 7:59 PM

1787 PINNACLE??? i just noticed that right now? is this a joke????

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
1787 PINNACLE??? i just noticed that right now? is this a joke????
Ya there will be a lightning rod on the spire that will bring the final height to 1,787 ft.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 8:17 PM
Bionic Boogie

Hazy afternoon....last day of summer

DSC_3115 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 8:25 PM

"Love that view Carlos" The flashing light is at 1,776' The top of the structure is at 1,787' Then there is a lightning rod that tops out at 1,792' The overall height is listed on aviation charts as 1,792' above ground. The Empire state building is 1,454' to the top of the lightning rod above ground.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 9:37 PM

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 12:29 AM

I like this tower, honestly it's a behemoth, but I don't really care for the top of it..

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 1:37 AM

Im really interested in how the top and the base come out like. Sorry im not an architect so im pretty sure there are better terms for "top" and "base", but anyway this building is pretty sweet so far.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Ya there will be a lightning rod on the spire that will bring the final height to 1,787 ft.
wait wut? I thought that mention of 1787 came from a forum member here, and was mentioned as a possibility in a news article?... I never knew lighting rods counted for height.... 1776 is still the "main" height though right? it's been mentioned so many times to the public, that i don't think they'll go away from it.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 2:17 AM
JACKinBeantown

For what it's worth, 1787 is the year the US Constitution was adopted, so it's just as important a number as 1776. So for people who are into that sort of thing, it's less about freedom and more about a properly representative form of government. 1787 is the year the US really came to represent the people. I'm a proud, patriotic American and it works for me.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 2:18 AM

Have they worked out what type of glass they're going to use on the base yet?

I recently saw a documentary on the Science Channel stating that they were unable to use the prism glass that Childs wanted to use because it was too likely to break into shards.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 3:49 AM

Lightbulb

Could anyone post a good side-by-side diagram/picture of the old twin towers next to new 1 wtc? Would be cool to see them side by side and compare similarities/differences

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 4:06 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
This explanation is ridicolous. Every floor must be a roof and it isn't important if the floor is high 3 m or 20 m !!!
Yeah, it's certainly a stretch. I don't see anything wrong with this being a 85 floor building. It's a good design. I don't see a problem with them calling the 85th floor the 104th either. It's an 85 story building with a 104th floor. That's delightfully absurd. Given all of the solemness and misguided patriotism shoved into this pile of concrete and glass, a little crazy fun is mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Could anyone post a good side-by-side diagram/picture of the old twin towers next to new 1 wtc? Would be cool to see them side by side and compare similarities/differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
STR, I have a question for you. I'm working on my own diagram, what are the elevations in feet and inches for the base of Tower 1 from the lobby all the way up to elevation 186' 8", always wondered about that. Also, on floor 102, is there another floor that goes up higher to elevation 1,278 or something like that? I also need the heights from the parapet all the way to the communication ring. I have all the other elevations but those I don't know for sure, could really use your expertise. Thanks.
You, and anyone else for that matter, should PM when they have questions like this. It's easy to loose track of posts like this. PM's will almost always get a response...eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
"Love that view Carlos" The flashing light is at 1,776' The top of the structure is at 1,787' Then there is a lightning rod that tops out at 1,792' The overall height is listed on aviation charts as 1,792' above ground. The Empire state building is 1,454' to the top of the lightning rod above ground.
Yep, for future reference, here's this:

I was going to write in the antenna ring height as well, but since I lost the PM Zen sent me on that topic, and I didn't feel like opening 3DSM...meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Say STR,

are you contemplating putting the third row of radomes and vertical antennas on your renders? That would be sweet.

I personally like the "tiara" effect that the third level of the communications ring creates.
Sure. Maybe this weekend. Been busy lately.

Last edited by STR; Sep 23, 2011 at 4:49 AM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 5:25 AM

I think that the top ring is at 1,401'

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinNYC View Post
For what it's worth, 1787 is the year the US Constitution was adopted, so it's just as important a number as 1776. So for people who are into that sort of thing, it's less about freedom and more about a properly representative form of government. 1787 is the year the US really came to represent the people. I'm a proud, patriotic American and it works for me.
OH BROTHER...this equating the height of this building with any historical events is so inane. Someone? WTF cares...lol. Im sure in the future in the year 2067 some proud grandparent will pat his grandchild on the back and say.."You know Poindexter that there FREEDOM TOWER is the same height as the year our beloved Constitution was adopted..so every time you see that there proud spire spiked up to 1787 resplendid feet you that your lucky stars you are an American born and bred in freedoms light" LOL

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 7:07 AM

Hey Guys!

You might want to see more pictures of WTC tower 1 on website. Here it is:

http://www.wtc.com/media/images/s/non-gallery-set?sid=1

Enjoyed the pics.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 7:34 AM

Hi at all!

I am new here and came over from SCC. Carlos could remember me...

I love the design of 1WTC and can't wait to see it in person next year!

greetz from Germany
m0by

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 10:47 AM
BANNED

I'm pretty sure the WTC is supposed to be in front of the Sears Tower

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 1:32 PM
NYC to LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
I'm pretty sure the WTC is supposed to be in front of the Sears Tower
That's because this diagram is wrong..1WTC supposed to be in front of Sears..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive