HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 4:22 AM

^ they will. there's a tower on folsom street under the transbay terminal redevelopment plan that will be 550'. the zoning has already been approved. we just need to wait for the TJPA to sell the parcel to a private developer.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 6:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive
^ they will. there's a tower on folsom street under the transbay terminal redevelopment plan that will be 550'. the zoning has already been approved. we just need to wait for the TJPA to sell the parcel to a private developer.
On Folsom or on Howard? This map which was posted at the beginning of the Transbay thread shows the third Transbay building on Howard:

The 100 block of Folsom across from the Infinity is, I believe, to be a park. That leaves the north side of the 200 and 300 blocks eventually developable (I think CalTrans pretty much has them until the Bay Bridge work is finished). But as far as I know, they aren't part of the Transbay project. Am I missing something?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 3:53 PM

were you aware of this plan? the towers in this plan were already approved.

as you can tell from the rendering, the "rincon hill" will still be maintained though because the tallest towers will still be at the top of the hill.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 5:07 PM
BANNED

The short answer is it looks a little familiar but I didn't recall it. Still, it's very interesting. Very "interesting" to me and to prospective buyers at the Infinity because as the image itself shows, those blocks on the north side of Folsom between Beale and Spear are "proposed open space" and Infinity buyers are being told at least one of them (I think it's the one between Beale and Main) is going to be a new park where they can walk their dogs. The blocks between 2nd and Beale (showing 3, 5 and 6 towers) are where I suggested future development could occur once CalTrans no longer is using the land for Bay Bridge ramp construction. The two towers at 2 corners of Beale & Howard are no surprise although I wonder if the hotdog stand where the #3 tower sits in the remains of a 1920's era gas station is a protected structure. Also interestingly, the image doesn't show the Piano tower at 1st & Mission and shows the tower on Howard between 1st and second as much shorter.

Anyway, to digress to the original issue, this image confirms what I was saying in that the proposal directly across Folsom from the Infinity is "only" 300 ft., not taller as Reminiscence was hoping. The taller proposals are several blocks further back from the waterfront.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 11:18 PM

Ah.. SF's planning policy definitely leans towards Hong Kongnization.

It seems like the only tower that breaks the rule of 'stepping down' near the waterfront illustrated in the previous posts is 4 Embarcadero Center, since it drops 174 m towards the bay.
芝加哥 Chicago: Trump Tower, Waterview Tower

Old Posted Oct 24, 2006, 3:59 AM
Green Berniecrat

Hmm, now that the freeway offramps are mentioned, because of the temporary terminal, will they be altering the ramps themselves to acomodate buses or just leave them the way they are? Whatever they do, I hope they dont mess up the 300 Spear project. Even though I think that by that time, the 300 Spear project will be finished, Caltrans has a funny way of working.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2006, 5:53 PM

Well, I do go by the ramp in a bus and the current ramp does not even get close to 300 Spear. I don't think they will move the ramp a whole block and use up some valuable space during the replacing of the ramps.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2006, 11:08 PM

took some pics on monday:

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 2:32 AM
Green Berniecrat

Whoa, those are nice pictures. That glass is coming along great and even the second tower is starting to pick up. The whole site looks sweet, great progress. Thanks for the update!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 3:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminisence
Whoa, those are nice pictures. That glass is coming along great and even the second tower is starting to pick up. The whole site looks sweet, great progress. Thanks for the update!
Not sure if you are mistaking the structure just to the right and beside the tower, but that is not the second tower. That's the midrise section. I don't think there's any of the second tower visible in these pictures and it was just a hole in the ground when last I walked by in September. When built, it will be behind the midrise section on Spear, across the diagonal of the lot from the tower under construction now.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 3:26 AM

Anyone notice a damaged piece of curtainwall with tape all over it on the 6th floor?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 4:27 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF
Not sure if you are mistaking the structure just to the right and beside the tower, but that is not the second tower. That's the midrise section. I don't think there's any of the second tower visible in these pictures and it was just a hole in the ground when last I walked by in September. When built, it will be behind the midrise section on Spear, across the diagonal of the lot from the tower under construction now.
Ah yes, I see now, my mistake. Maybe its the angle I was looking at it from, or because I havent been in that area for a while now, heh.

Last edited by Reminiscence; Oct 25, 2006 at 4:39 AM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 4:40 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47KC
Anyone notice a damaged piece of curtainwall with tape all over it on the 6th floor?
They broke glass already, hmm ... thats not going to be good for business

I cant seem to find it though

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 4:16 PM

There, broken, taped up piece of curtainwall glass. Glad it's not the window curtainwall glass piece, or else there would be streaks marring the view.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 7:56 PM
Green Berniecrat

Wow, you really narrowed it down

That did catch my eye in the first picture, but I didnt think it would be broken glass. Doesnt look like they did a very good job taping it up.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 8:17 PM
Sonoma Strong

^ do does that room come with a discount now?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminisence
Wow, you really narrowed it down

That did catch my eye in the first picture, but I didnt think it would be broken glass. Doesnt look like they did a very good job taping it up.
What other reason could they have taped it up for? I don't think anyone would tape up glass for decor or anything else so I just assume it's a broken/damaged piece of curtainwall.

Well, I guess they should replace the piece of curtainwall glass, or else I won't take that unit unless it is discounted.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2006, 12:40 AM
Green Berniecrat

Yeah, I guess I mistook it for something else. My eyesight is slowly failing me, haha. I dunno, but I see something that looks like more boken glass on the right side of the 11th floor (first picture). Only thing is it looks like they taped it up from the inside.

Or maybe I shouldnt talk about this anymore, I'm just scared they'll break some more glass, heh.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2006, 3:33 AM

I will go back to the Bay Area probably this weekend so maybe I will go check out what the 'tape' thingy is.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2006, 1:29 PM
Green Berniecrat

Hmm, I dont know if they did it already, I might have missed it. But I remember they were going to potentially redesign the second two towers to be built after the first two. Have they redesined them yet, or is it still sitting in the drawing room?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive