HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 10:22 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

jeddy1989 is out at Duke of Duckworth tonight. At the next table is...

Sightings of local celebrities here are pretty common, of course, but that many together at once is rare

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 6:25 PM

I am amazed that scammers can get this far with some people, selling cell phones and plans door to door? In this case, it took the couple's grandchild to intervene after watching the interaction on the doorbell cam. Maybe their old and still think things happen this way?

https://globalnews.ca/news/10184772/...ts-sales-scam/

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I am amazed that scammers can get this far with some people, selling cell phones and plans door to door? In this case, it took the couple's grandchild to intervene after watching the interaction on the doorbell cam. Maybe their old and still think things happen this way?

https://globalnews.ca/news/10184772/...ts-sales-scam/
It wasn’t that long ago that door-to-door sales was used as one of the tactics in sales of legitimate home Internet, phone and TV bundles. Mobile phone plans would be a natural extension of that.

I did that kind of work (legitimately) in small-town Ontario over a decade ago, and it was surprisingly effective. I converted a lot of people over from dial-up Internet to new high-speed services that had been introduced in the community.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 2:23 PM

Was just reminiscing about my time working at the TD mortgage centre 20 years ago, which was my first real job. I started out handling Atlantic branches and will always remember sending mortgage instructions to these two solicitors in particular:

Perhaps when you reverse a superhero's name it means you do bad instead of good? When googling his name I discovered he fell afoul of the law twice since 2014 and reprimanded with a $1.5m fine. As for alternate Batman, doesn't appear he did wrong though.

Also remember getting the mortgage applications for NHL players Ed Belfour and Steve Downey. But that is when I took over cottage country branches in the Kawarthas, Muskoka, Haliburton, etc.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 10:24 PM
Registered Drug User

Been a while since I logged onto SSP. Now and then I still see things where I think, heh, that would be worth posting to SSP, but haven't bothered.

Until now. Ladies, the Kia MILF Lord is in town. Stratford gonna be on fire tonight!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 12:24 AM
recession proof

Are Stratford Milfs Rio easy? Early November I finally walked downtown Stratford on a late night and noticed how friendly the 35+ ladies were. It was before Remembrance Day with all those knitted poppies on the bridge. I felt like if I owned a home there, had a dog it would be easier than here in Toronto where women are either staring at their phones, the ground or have on headphones etc.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 3:58 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
jeddy1989 is out at Duke of Duckworth tonight. At the next table is...

Sightings of local celebrities here are pretty common, of course, but that many together at once is rare
Premier, comedian, newsperson, actor, builder, and singer. That must have been an interesting table for conversation.
What do you think they are planning?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 10:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Been a while since I logged onto SSP. Now and then I still see things where I think, heh, that would be worth posting to SSP, but haven't bothered.

Until now. Ladies, the Kia MILF Lord is in town. Stratford gonna be on fire tonight!]
Good to see you back Rousseau!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
It wasn’t that long ago that door-to-door sales was used as one of the tactics in sales of legitimate home Internet, phone and TV bundles. Mobile phone plans would be a natural extension of that.

I did that kind of work (legitimately) in small-town Ontario over a decade ago, and it was surprisingly effective. I converted a lot of people over from dial-up Internet to new high-speed services that had been introduced in the community.
Still happens. We switched to a Cogeco deal from that, and Bell has been by 3 times trying to get us back.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 8:24 PM

In the wake of the Buffy Sainte Marie controversy, I was looking up some information on the song Tears are Not Enough and found this tidbit that I hadn't heard before

Artists not appearing
Buffy Sainte-Marie - According to journalist Terry David Mulligan, Sainte-Marie was supposed to be part of the project but did not show up to recording sessions. As a result, the term "Buffy bailed" became an expression in certain Canadian music circles.

To be clear, it's not sure why "Buffy Bailed", she may have been living in Hawaii

Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited by elly63; Jan 2, 2024 at 9:12 PM.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2024, 9:05 PM

The Tears are not Enough research led to this interview

Terry David Mulligan Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 992
Toronto Mike February 1, 2022

In this episode of Toronto Mike'd, Mike chats with Terry David Mulligan about his years on the radio, hosting Good Rockin' Tonite and Hey Taxi and Zig Zag, his move to MuchMusic, his acting career, Tears Are Not Enough and more.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2024, 6:44 PM

I have covid, I most likely got it on a trip to Las Vegas over Christmas weekend, another member of the travel group also just tested positive for it. This is definitely the second time I've had it and possibly the third time. This time is the worst of them all, complete lack of energy, coughing, stuffy nose, sleepy, the d, and my sense of smell is almost gone. I've had three vaccinations, I've been wanting to get a 4th and a flu shot but never made the time.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2024, 8:57 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I've had three vaccinations, I've been wanting to get a 4th and a flu shot but never made the time.
I got both in November. Totally wiped me out for three days (despite feeling next to nothing for two previous COVID vaccinations; other people I know said the same thing about getting the COVID/Flu combo).

I think I've had it twice. Once just before the "official" start to the pandemic, coming home from a trip to Europe in January 2020. The second time in fall 2022.

I was also likely scammed in the Dominican Republic early in 2022. I tested positive via nasal swab and had to stay a few extra days in a room at the ass-end of the resort; my partner at the time was negative and got to come home. I had no symptoms at all. Anyway, we still needed a negative test as proof before flying home, and I was 'offered' one for an indeterminate/vague price, and I took it because I wanted to get home. At Pearson airport I was tested with the more thorough method, and while I stayed away from the house for a few days just in case, it was negative. Buggers.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2024, 9:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

what a blast from the past. I think Stu Jeffries and his teeth took over after TDM.

Gooooood Crotchety Tonite!!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2024, 9:56 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Goin' for a soda!

Amidst some patio lanterns, apparently. lol

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
I got both in November. Totally wiped me out for three days (despite feeling next to nothing for two previous COVID vaccinations; other people I know said the same thing about getting the COVID/Flu combo).

I think I've had it twice. Once just before the "official" start to the pandemic, coming home from a trip to Europe in January 2020. The second time in fall 2022.

I was also likely scammed in the Dominican Republic early in 2022. I tested positive via nasal swab and had to stay a few extra days in a room at the ass-end of the resort; my partner at the time was negative and got to come home. I had no symptoms at all. Anyway, we still needed a negative test as proof before flying home, and I was 'offered' one for an indeterminate/vague price, and I took it because I wanted to get home. At Pearson airport I was tested with the more thorough method, and while I stayed away from the house for a few days just in case, it was negative. Buggers.
that sucks, I've heard a lot of people who had similar being stuck in a resort while the rest of their family was able to leave. When we came back from Mexico in 2022 we arrived at 11:30 pm and at 12:00 am Canada was ending random testing at the airport so we thought we were good and the guy at immigration gives me a paper and says I was chose for a random covid test, trying to get that figured out was a pain on its own.

A new week now, mostly ok but having breathing issues such as heaviness and shortness, feel at times I want to cough something up but there is nothing to cough up. Very heavy in the lungs. I was reading the other night that most of the people who end up in the hospital do so in the week or 10 days after the initial symptoms pass but are left with breathing issues. Hopefully it passes, I don't want this to keep going.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
The Tears are not Enough research led to this interview

Terry David Mulligan Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 992
Toronto Mike February 1, 2022

In this episode of Toronto Mike'd, Mike chats with Terry David Mulligan about his years on the radio, hosting Good Rockin' Tonite and Hey Taxi and Zig Zag, his move to MuchMusic, his acting career, Tears Are Not Enough and more.
I regularly listen to Toronto Mike'd, and have been to the last couple of his live events (came home with a couple Palma Pasta lasagnas as well lol). If you are at all interested in Tears Are Not Enough, he has a special passion about it and any quest he has on that has any type of connection to that song, he asks about it. He recently had Randy Bachman on and asked if Burton Cummings was there, why wasn't Randy. Randy says he was never asked. Some investigation by his listeners turned up that BTO was on tour in Texas at the time of the recording. Anyway, an episoode I recommend is

https://www.torontomike.com/2021/03/...re-not-enough/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post

Summer of 2022 when Bell upgraded our area of west London (Byron) to the new gigabit Fiber, they blanketed the area with people canvassing for new customers. We were already Bell customers at the time, so promos didn't apply to us. I did tell the guy the biggest sales tool they had was our local Facebook group and its daily posts of "Who's Rogers is down?".

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Summer of 2022 when Bell upgraded our area of west London (Byron) to the new gigabit Fiber, they blanketed the area with people canvassing for new customers. We were already Bell customers at the time, so promos didn't apply to us. I did tell the guy the biggest sales tool they had was our local Facebook group and its daily posts of "Who's Rogers is down?".
I hate both companies, but Bell is a good deal worse than Rogers.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2024, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
I hate both companies, but Bell is a good deal worse than Rogers.
Probably a regional thing. Rogers went down all the time, Bell rarely ever.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada