HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
Burnaby91 is the one who is very sure T3 has AC . He says it was announced after afterwards.
Yes, I know. I had quoted his statement in my earlier response. I'm waiting to hear back from him about the announcement as I, along with others, have not heard about it.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heIIo View Post
Yes, I know. I had quoted his statement in my earlier response. I'm waiting to hear back from him about the announcement as I, along with others, have not heard about it.
Bet he is lying, that is why he won't get back to you.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 2:03 AM

Owner in tower one here. There is ducting in the units. It’s there for airflow as there is a fan that draws air from the outside to inside

https://imgur.com/a/d6alnCP

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 2:05 AM

We are up on the 59th floor facing northwest. There is almost always some sort of breeze. Right now it’s blowing gale force on the balcony.

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieVH View Post
We are up on the 59th floor facing northwest. There is almost always some sort of breeze. Right now it’s blowing gale force on the balcony.
Off topic note: Imagine The Butterfly which will have outdoor breezeways (instead of enclosed hallways) at that height.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 4:13 AM

So excited. Our walk through dates are out!! Floors 49-51 are between May 19-22! I’m going to follow up with the additional parking stall situation in person.

Tower 1 folks, were you able to secure a second stall?

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab2girl View Post
I tried and they are telling me it’s either him or I. I can delegate him but I do really want to see the place as it’s been so long!

See their email reply:

https://imgur.com/ROsJq0I

I’m not sure if this will still apply to you @tab2girl.. but since BC is lifting their restrictions a little and allowing small gatherings of 2-6 people, perhaps others can use this in their favor to have the option to bring along a “guest”?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ay-6-1.5556699

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbt4me View Post
So excited. Our walk through dates are out!! Floors 49-51 are between May 19-22! I’m going to follow up with the additional parking stall situation in person.

Can you take pictures of the lobby, other facilities, etc?
I'm curious to know if it is the same as tab1 !

Thanks

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 6:49 AM

Been stalking this forum and the other thread long enough, thought I'd make an account! Owner of a TAB2 mid-level 2br1ba here, West facing. I had my walkthrough on Mar 3rd before all this Covid stuff happened.

Questions for other owners:
1. Does anyone else find the small dining table to be incredibly annoying? I feel like it takes up half the living room space.
2. Anyone else have a balcony that has the white fencing (not properly sealed) instead of the usual grey? I have a cat and I'm planning on letting her out to the balcony, but with the gap across she will 100% fall through. What are you guys with pets planning to do about it?

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaikko View Post
Been stalking this forum and the other thread long enough, thought I'd make an account! Owner of a TAB2 mid-level 2br1ba here, West facing. I had my walkthrough on Mar 3rd before all this Covid stuff happened.

1. Does anyone else find the small dining table to be incredibly annoying? I feel like it takes up half the living room space.
2. Anyone else have a balcony that has the white fencing (not properly sealed) instead of the usual grey? I have a cat and I'm planning on letting her out to the balcony, but with the gap across she will 100% fall through. What are you guys with pets planning to do about it?
Did they give you an option to have the extended dining table? I've seen a lot of 2br units with and without the extended table and they are not rental units.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 5:20 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure if this will still apply to you @tab2girl.. but since BC is lifting their restrictions a little and allowing small gatherings of 2-6 people, perhaps others can use this in their favor to have the option to bring along a “guest”?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ay-6-1.5556699
Unfortunately I had my walk through before BC lifted their restrictions so I had to go buy myself. Thanks tho!

FYI for those that will be doing their walk through soon, When I had my walk through, they didn’t allow us out on the balcony, didn’t let us see the lobby, amenities or anything else other than the unit.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Bet he is lying, that is why he won't get back to you.
Reason I said he is lying is because T3 already selling like hot cakes at the time, no reason why Shape should throw in more incentives. Let us see if Burnaby 91 gets back to you.

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieson View Post
Did they give you an option to have the extended dining table? I've seen a lot of 2br units with and without the extended table and they are not rental units.
To be quite honest, they probably did in 2014 when we initially signed the contract. However, the dining table looked really small in the showroom that I didn't mind it at all. Our walkthrough rep told us it's possible to have it removed, but obviously that would cost quite a bit and also it might damage the flooring/island.

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 9:33 PM

Quote:
To be quite honest, they probably did in 2014 when we initially signed the contract. However, the dining table looked really small in the showroom that I didn't mind it at all. Our walkthrough rep told us it's possible to have it removed, but obviously that would cost quite a bit and also it might damage the flooring/island.
The dining table is not fastened to the floor or the island. It's only affixed via adhesives, so it is easy to remove.

Personally I don't mind it as it leaves me enough space for a large couch in the living area. Only thing is four people sitting there is kinda tight but doable

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heIIo View Post
Hi! New to this forum, I am so glad such a thing exists! I am the owner of a 1 bdr unit in tower 3, and have been scouring for more info about the TAB in general for the past couple weeks when I found this place.

You've all been super helpful!

As for the topic of air conditioning, burnaby91, do you remember when and where this announcement was made? I, like the few others that spoke on this subject, was under the impression that there wasn't going to be any a/c. So it would be quite the pleasant surprise if it is indeed the case that tower 3 and future towers will have it.
You know, I am trying to find my source but I haven't seen it, so I am starting to doubt myself. I bought a 1 bedroom in tower 3 and I remember about 2-3 months after purchase we got a memo saying A/C will be added as a surprise addition to tower 3, and when the tower started going up with lighter/cheaper looking glass I just figured that they did that because we will have A/C we dont need tinted glass. For the life of me I cannot find that communiqué anymore so I have no idea where I got that from

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieVH View Post
Owner in tower one here. There is ducting in the units. It’s there for airflow as there is a fan that draws air from the outside to inside

https://imgur.com/a/d6alnCP
I just did a walkthrough in tower 2, saw the ducting as well. Not sure how great it will be to cool down the unit though, they did mention it was to help circulation through the unit, and there is an exhaust in the bathroom that is always on. Plus the ducting in over the laundry and the undercut doors to help circulation in the laundry room if you close the doors. I doubt it helps much with cooling but we will find out soon enough

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:53 PM

Quote:

I wasn't but I had a rental unit in tower 1 and the renter has no vehicle so I was able to rent out the spot for $100 per month. Considering an extra spot is what, 10k? Depending how long you plan on staying it could be cheaper just to rent a spot, it would take you years to spend that much. Plus there will probably be so many renters who just take the skytrain and have no vehicle or use a carshare, so I'm sure you can rent a spot in tower 2 for pretty cheap if you cant secure an extra one. I am also on the waitlist for a second spot in tower 2 since I will be living there, but the wife doesn't mind paying $100 for an extra spot if we dont get one.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieson View Post
Can you take pictures of the lobby, other facilities, etc?
I'm curious to know if it is the same as tab1 !

Thanks
Did my walkthrough, the lobby and other facilities are not complete. We went in through the parkade. They mentioned its possible that the lobby isn't even done by the time we get the keys....don't know exactly what the issue is

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 9:00 PM

Quote:

1. Somewhat, I'm sure it can be removed. I asked for it not to be installed before they completed and was told no, however the space for a couch in mine (2br2ba) measures slightly over 10 feet from the window to the edge of the dishwasher, obviously you need to leave space for outlets etc (unless you get a flat plug).
2. I have the white fencing balcony and I didn't see a gap, that bottom part was covered by the white fence, and I didn't look for a gap at the bottom (they didn't let us out on the balcony as it is still a construction site). Do you have a photo of the gap? In my photos of my unit I just see the white part under the glass so not sure if you mean the gap is in the floor?

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Burnaby91 is the one who is very sure T3 has AC . He says it was announced after afterwards.
Ok I realize now I was mistaken. I found the email from October of 2016

Dear XXXX,

You asked and we listened—all homes in Tower ONE of the First Neighbourhood at The City of Lougheed now include central air conditioning + heating—for optimal resident comfort all-year-round!

As always, Shape is grateful for your feedback and the incredible response to what will become Canada’s largest new master planned community. We are excited for sales at The City of Lougheed to start this November. If you have any questions in the meantime, a representative from our team will be happy to assist you at 604.328.7128 or info@thecityoflougheed.com.

Sincerely,

The City of Lougheed Sales Team

9850 Austin Road, Burnaby, open daily 12-6PM
T: 604.328.7128
E: info@thecityoflougheed.com
​W: www.thecityoflougheed.com

So it was for City of Lougheed and not Brentwood. That's where my mistake came, clearly I didn't read properly. I think its because I got this email so soon after I bought tower 3

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley