HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Apr 9, 2013, 11:26 PM

Heeeeeeeee's back!

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/09/al...liquor-licence

Just in time for Richmond Street patio season.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 1:57 AM
Sanity merchant

That fuck has not, nor will ever, make a penny off of me.

I am not an angry person by nature, but he... he just makes my blood boil. And his Chad Kroger wife....

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K85 View Post
That fuck has not, nor will ever, make a penny off of me.

I am not an angry person by nature, but he... he just makes my blood boil. And his Chad Kroger wife....
Don't mince words. Tell us how you really feel. Poor TB is simply misunderstood.

And don't you think it a bit unfair to compare anyone to Nickleback?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 4:00 PM
Sanity merchant

How I really feel cannot be expressed by words or emoticons...

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 4:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/09/al...liquor-licence

Just in time for Richmond Street patio season.
That turd will never be a "changed man"; making bucks of the least fortunate (Cash Money Brothers loansharking business), swilling bud lite lime and serving up prehistoric potato skins on his shitkicker patio; while denying all the bad things he's done. I am sorry, but I think he is a truly revolting person. Even worse than Chad Kroeger, the man who rapes people's eardrums with the noise that is Knucklecrap.

How this turkey keeps his liquor license, I cannot understand. Oh yeah, "Call Murray" and "my wife" and "this is the worst thing that could ever happen to London". "‘'he’s a good guy. He does a good job for us. He’s one of our customers and he does a good job for us.’" What a load of horseshit.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 4:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Stay classy London Free Press. (Look at Article #4)

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/03/le...e-editor-apr-4

Yeah, women-in-the-kitchen, just after all-muslims-are-terrorism. Vile opinions.

Misogyny and xenophobia. The prime characteristics of what remains of LFP readers. And Tim Worst-deCicco.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 8:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Went to Eldon House today with the family, for the first time. Lovely, lovely place. Very grand and olde.

Old Posted May 25, 2013, 7:33 PM
User Registered

Got invited to try the new Google Maps. This is what London looks like. So much derp.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted May 25, 2013, 8:07 PM
Sanity merchant

that hurts to look at... who the fuck does those "corrections"?

Old Posted May 25, 2013, 10:22 PM

I see they're now showing the National/Regional Highway layer, which exposes the recent change by Google to designate Western Road as part of a mysterious Highway, even though trucks aren't even allowed on it. Wonder how long that will last once the general public sees it. Notice also that small bits of Commissioners are mysteriously shown as a Highway.

Overall, I like the look of it a lot better. Currently all major roads appear in yellow, even if they're expressways like Highbury.

I've been lurking around Map Maker lately, making the odd edit. The review process has improved a lot since I was first involved with it two years ago, it seems like they have a few Canadian reviewers now that know what they're doing. Still, it is still being held back by a Google-is-holier-than-thou attitude from the Mountain View, CA head office. Just yesterday there was a really stupid argument about the expressway section of Highway 99 in Vancouver. One of Google's people was trying to convince a local Map Maker user that Hwy 99 was not a freeway on Lulu Island. Hwy 99 on the map looks really strange right now. go_leafs_go, you're out in BC, can you help?

Last edited by manny_santos; May 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2013, 8:02 PM
User Registered

Found this on the London subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/londonontari...lest_building/

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 6:54 PM

Cool Experiences in London

My plans for my wife's birthday fell through, so now I'm scrambling for a "cool experience" she can enjoy on a Saturday afternoon in London. We'll spend the evening at Ribfest, but I'm looking for something before that.

Like what you ask? A cooking class! Sadly, I've contacted both "Jill's Table" and "Kiss the Cook" and neither have classes currently running. I know the Superstore has cooking classes, but a class at a boutique store is cool... a cooking class at a big box store is not cool.

But not... just seeing something at the Grand. I'm looking for that "hidden gem" where she can look back on the afternoon and say "I would have never thought of that". We don't drink either, so something like a wine tasting would be out.

Does anyone here have any suggestions of businesses (or organizations) in London that offer unique experiences?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 2:06 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Eldon House (grand mansion, now museum) is very nice, but nothing like a cooking class

Old Posted Jul 10, 2013, 1:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Found this on the London subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/londonontari...lest_building/
Kinda makes the CN tower obsolete, no? I mean, as a telecommunications mast and observation platform: it is completely dominated by the Burj Khalifa.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 9:19 PM
User Registered

The Local London forum right now:

The city seems like a dull place right now with the exception of the Victoria Park festivals. Hopefully some good news will come soon.
-London West by-election Aug 1!

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 9:46 PM

Quote:

The city seems like a dull place right now with the exception of the Victoria Park festivals. Hopefully some good news will come soon.
On the bright side, there's a chocolate factory coming to London!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 11:15 PM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:

I was actually wondering about this... what happened? Two years ago this place was pretty lively, but now it's just five or six of us occasionally posting about the same problems that were here two years ago. Hasn't helped that some of us no longer actually live in London.

It will be interesting to see how the by-election turns out, but given that most well-to-do people in this city are employed by the government, I'm kind of expecting the Liberals to win. Even if their candidate is a lying prick. Are we going to do another London meetup sometime?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2013, 1:36 AM
Sanity merchant

To kinda help out, if someone not from the area wants picture updates of things around here, let me know. I can do a drive and snap some shots. The only thing I ask is you either give me the address, or plot it on google maps or something, so I have something to go by

Old Posted Jul 25, 2013, 3:02 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharn View Post
I was actually wondering about this... what happened? Two years ago this place was pretty lively, but now it's just five or six of us occasionally posting about the same problems that were here two years ago. Hasn't helped that some of us no longer actually live in London.
?
Yeah, I'll be in that group soon. While I don't actually live within the city I'm going to be moving even further away soon for school. Not that I won't still be interested in London developments though.

Better hope that the local forum doesn't go the route of the ill-fated Lovelondon!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2013, 5:05 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Often, weeks go by without replies to postings, etc. There is less incentive to visit the subforum, and the process feeds on itself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation