HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
In regards to new jobs this just popped up on Nola.com.

https://www.nola.com/news/2019/05/er...l_RivoV4djoySY
Quite the fortuitous timing for this announcement

The roles will be majority administrative support/entry level, but it's still good to hear something like this! Walk before you run...

I trust EY to hit close to their projected new job numbers in the announcement due to the sheer size of the company. I also trust they'll be renting out another floor in One Shell soon to accommodate new people.

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 7:59 PM
-

New Nonstop flights to Montreal, Canada start in November on Air Transat.. so new destination and new airline for the airport

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 11:25 PM

This EY announcement is nice, can't wait to hear who is next to open an office or relocate to the New Orleans region.

Anyone know whats happening with the bid for Baton Rouge to be the corporate home of the USDA?

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 2:37 AM

Quote:
One of the main concrete pourers for the Odeon was sitting at the bar I work at the other night and I asked if he knew what they were going to do on the other side of the lot and he said probably another building with apartments like the Odeon because the parking garage for it is designed to be joined to one on the other side for further development in the future.
It would be nice, but I’m guessing they’re waiting to sell all the units in the Standard before debuting the next building, in case blocking the view with it reduces the value of the units?

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
This EY announcement is nice, can't wait to hear who is next to open an office or relocate to the New Orleans region.

Anyone know whats happening with the bid for Baton Rouge to be the corporate home of the USDA?
Not likely:

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-rel...fa-relocations

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 4:22 AM

Quote:
One of the main concrete pourers for the Odeon was sitting at the bar I work at the other night and I asked if he knew what they were going to do on the other side of the lot and he said probably another building with apartments like the Odeon because the parking garage for it is designed to be joined to one on the other side for further development in the future.
I really hope it’s like the Odeon, maybe like 35 stories though and a little more modern

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 2:47 PM

New Orleans hotel owner makes massive $2.7B buy, $75M sale; see changes for French Qu

Park Hotels & Resorts, which owns the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans, said Monday that it is buying for $2.7 billion Chesapeake Lodging Trust, which owns Le Méridien and W hotels in the French Quarter.

Separately, Park, which is based in Tysons, Virginia, said it had sold its 317-room Hilton New Orleans Airport hotel, together with its 274-room Embassy Suites in Parsippany, New Jersey, for a combined $75 million.

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...73dd9509b.html

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 2:51 PM

Millions set for crumbling New Orleans infrastructure as Gov. Edwards, Cantrell annou

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...0c6709038.html

Article seems to suggest that this deal makes the Convention Center Hotel much closer to reality.

The fight for more tax dollars devoted to infrastructure has been a central tenet of Cantrell’s “fair share” campaign since she took office a year ago this week. Should the deal successfully make its way through the Legislature, she can claim a victory where other mayors fell short.

Still, tourism leaders managed to hold onto nearly all of their $120 million in annual hotel tax revenue, and they also appear much closer now to gaining approval for a controversial $558 million, 1,200-room Convention Center hotel that taxpayers would help subsidize

“It’s a win-win-win across the board,” Cantrell said at a triumphant press conference with Edwards by her side and 12 New Orleans delegation legislators and two hospitality leaders arrayed behind them. “This is a step in the right direction for sustainable infrastructure for the city of New Orleans.”

House Bill 589, sponsored by state Rep. Walt Leger III, D-New Orleans, will authorize the Convention Center hotel. But center officials have yet to finalize negotiations with the hotel's proposed developers and financiers. Joe Jaeger, who was supposed to develop the hotel with developer Darryl Berger, complicated matters by pulling out of the deal 10 days ago over an unrelated dispute.

House Bill 522 would increase the tax on hotel guests by 1 percentage point and raise $12 million per year. Rep. Neil Abramson, D-New Orleans, is the sponsor. HB522 has passed the House Ways and Means Committee.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 6:24 PM

Starting to look like a real airport

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 7:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
This def looks like on track to start trials with people sometime in June. August opening is certainly likely but may be more time than they need but I dont think they want to delay opening againbut rather be like surprise we are ready early lol

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:37 AM

Does anyone have insider information about the at&t fiber rollout? I have neighbors that are a few blocks away who've had it since at least December but im still here waiting. Permits filed? I dont know where to look.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 2:17 PM

Convention Center Blvd

I hadn’t seen this video and picture before. It’s a lot more detail than previous ones I recall:
https://vimeo.com/256072235
http://advantagenola.com/wp-content/...idewalks-1.jpg

Last edited by Blitzen; May 8, 2019 at 2:34 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 2:30 PM
TL;DR

Any news on the Esplanade/Nicholls Wharves? Last I remember is a kerfuffle about a concert venue there (good god - won't somebody please think of the children?)

That's obviously the last big missing piece on the riverfront - the city seems to want to keep industrial uses along N Peters there so the wharves are critical in linking Crescent Park to the FQ.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Any news on the Esplanade/Nicholls Wharves? Last I remember is a kerfuffle about a concert venue there (good god - won't somebody please think of the children?)

That's obviously the last big missing piece on the riverfront - the city seems to want to keep industrial uses along N Peters there so the wharves are critical in linking Crescent Park to the FQ.
Been wondering about the same thing. It's probably not going to be a priority until 4 Seasons and Convention Center Blvd. park open though.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 11:34 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...c33fd.amp.html

This is huge news, the state of Louisiana and Amazon are partnering to creat a AWS degree program at all state colleges and universities. I wonder if this is any type of sign that Louisiana is about to see an influx in major tech companies relocating here or opening up major operations here.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:26 PM

Developers file building permits for $50M Virgin Hotel

Building permits were recently filed for a long-awaited hotel in the Central Business District

https://neworleanscitybusiness.com/b...-virgin-hotel/

Already knew this was coming thanks to Tennis. Now being reported by NO City Business.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:39 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Building permits were recently filed for a long-awaited hotel in the Central Business District

https://neworleanscitybusiness.com/b...-virgin-hotel/

Already knew this was coming thanks to Tennis. Now being reported by NO City Business.

Good god that article is so amateurish and displays a lack of understanding by the writers in regards to the subject they are discussing.. they didnt file building permits recently but four years ago. What happened in the last week is that the building permits they filed for were approved and since the developer also paid his building fees the permit was issued. Heres a copy of the permit application and the requisite fees. Sorry, but it irks me when people write about topics and have no clue what they are even writing about!

550 Baronne St·New Construction · Permit #15-23308-NEWC · Ref Code:U2GQRS
Download (33) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Brierre TCJ Mathes
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
8/4/2015

Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of HIGHRISE 14 Story HOTEL, 146100 sq. as per plans.

Applicant:
Brierre TCJ Mathes
Contractors:
Peter Frank Priola
Expires:
10/25/2019 1:04:41 PM
Division:
SP
Subdivision:
Central Business District
Council District:
B
Area:
Next Status:
Inspections Finaled
Next Status Date:
6/3/2019 4:17:39 PM
Next Inspection:
Inspection Date:
Next Inspector:
Total Fees:
Unpaid Fees:
Final Date:
Days Open:
Days Issued:

Filing Date:
8/4/2015
2:57:20 PM
Lead Staff:

Heres the issued permit btw not a filing but an acutal issued permit so they can build the building

Probably just some writer over there copying our posts here and not even knowing what they are reading and pretending it is their sourced information, which clearly isnt theirs as evidenced by their lack of comprehension of how permitting and building applications work!

Today they filed for a permit to retire all the addresses on the lot save for one

536-550 Baronne St·Change of Address · Permit #19-14879-ECOA · Ref Code:UA0V3C
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Change of Address
Applicant:
550 Baronne Street Hotel Jv LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
5/9/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
SD115-18, resub into one lot. Keeping one address. RETIRE: 536 Baronne St RETIRE: 540 Baronne St Address of Record: 550 Baronne Street

Last edited by tennis1400; May 9, 2019 at 7:58 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 4:43 PM

Superdome renovations

I’m hoping for more street-level activation, more landscaped plazas, and maybe even a commercial and residential component. It seems the price estimates are soaring if they’re not going to even consider the fallen ceiling tiles in this renovation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nol...outputType=amp

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
I’m hoping for more street-level activation, more landscaped plazas, and maybe even a commercial and residential component. It seems the price estimates are soaring if they’re not going to even consider the fallen ceiling tiles in this renovation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nol...outputType=amp
I agree, the inside ceiling tiles look terrible. I'm shocked. That should be one the main things they should be considering.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 4:37 PM

I know everyone is excited about the airport (which is looking great) so I wanted be multi-modal and introduce this fascinating discussion about a (high-speed) rail between New Orelans & Baton Rouge:

"Discussions around a renewed passenger rail system connecting New Orleans and Baton Rouge have carried on almost since service was terminated in 1974 and have gained momentum especially in recent years. After Hurricane Katrina, it became apparent that New Orleans needed a comprehensive evacuation strategy and that passenger rail would be a logical component. A feasibility study completed in 2014 for an intercity rail system included potential route alignments, station area locations, and funding mechanisms. Rail station master plans have been completed for Baton Rouge, Gonzales, LaPlace, and New Orleans. A poll conducted in 2019 of Louisiana residents living between Baton Rouge and New Orleans shows overwhelming support of an intercity rail system. 85% of respondents indicated that passenger rail service between Baton Rouge and New Orleans is important and 63% indicated that they would be likely to utilize it.

http://www.manningarchitects.com/blo...assenger-rail/
"

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations