HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 6:46 PM
Fleeing the Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
http://www.globest.com/sites/kelsima...on=los-angeles

Ten50's first round of sales exceeded expectations. Great news for DTLA.
This is from a press release put out by the sales office. Not saying they didn't do well, but consider the source.

Honestly I think they are priced a little high, and they would be further along if they were priced right.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC1984 View Post
This is from a press release put out by the sales office. Not saying they didn't do well, but consider the source.

Honestly I think they are priced a little high, and they would be further along if they were priced right.
I think they did lower a little bit. Originally they were starting from 800k and I think they lowered that like 690. Still insane.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
I think they did lower a little bit. Originally they were starting from 800k and I think they lowered that like 690. Still insane.
They start in the high 500s. What are you talking about, how is that insane? That pricing is low enough to qualify for a FHA loan. It costs money to building a high rise condo. It doesn't make sense to build it if you can't charge those prices. These aren't non-profit organizations.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angele...home/104107527

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 8:59 PM

Wilshire Grand last night:

Wilshire Grand Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Edit, a few more:

Wilshire Grand by Hunter, on Flickr

801 S Olive, Downtown Skyline, and Fire by Hunter, on Flickr

801 S Olive by Hunter, on Flickr

Metropolis by Hunter, on Flickr

Metropolis by Hunter, on Flickr

Angels Knoll by Hunter, on Flickr

LA Federal Courthouse by Hunter, on Flickr

Nobody (including myself) ever gets around to shooting this...
Vibiana by Hunter, on Flickr

Last edited by ConstructDTLA; Jun 23, 2016 at 7:26 AM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 10:26 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Amazing shot, Hunter!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
They start in the high 500s. What are you talking about, how is that insane? That pricing is low enough to qualify for a FHA loan. It costs money to building a high rise condo. It doesn't make sense to build it if you can't charge those prices. These aren't non-profit organizations.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angele...home/104107527
I hadn't seen that one. On zillow the lowest is 669. http://www.zillow.com/community/ten50/2098490203_zpid/

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
We've talked about this a bit. This little building will be sandwiched between Level and the new 50 story Onni. The construction there for the next couple years can't be ideal for a new business. Especially when another high profile brew pub - Mikkeller - is opening two blocks away on Olympic.
The brewery opening up has a huge following amongst the craft beer community, it won't have any problems staying busy even during construction. This won't be your normal brewery as they will be brewing experimental brews and coffee at this location, so the brew pub couple blocks away will be a non competitor. A great edition to DTLA!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 3:02 PM

3rd and Beaudry has a great view of downtown. Someone from the SSP camera crew should take some shots from there.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 5:20 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickg47 View Post
The brewery opening up has a huge following amongst the craft beer community, it won't have any problems staying busy even during construction. This won't be your normal brewery as they will be brewing experimental brews and coffee at this location, so the brew pub couple blocks away will be a non competitor. A great edition to DTLA!
Thanks for the comment, didn't know that. Sounds great! dtla just keeps getting better and better

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:11 PM

A rendering of the new Fig Tower. While it's not a crazy cool design, it seems a lot taller than I was expecting it to look and the placement of it helps fill in the gaps. While I was hoping we could've had 2 towers on this site I'm content we are getting this gap filled at all. Sad to see no spire or pointy roof but i'm content. Build it!

Photo courtesy of Chad Eun Kim of DTLAdev on FB who says its from Mitsui Fudosan America.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:28 PM

Also from the website, a rendering of the building's base at the Figueroa entrance:

While I am disappointed that this space is taken up by only 1 tower, I am surprised by its height -- as Mojeda101 said -- and judging by these renderings, they've done a great job activating the street.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:33 PM

http://www.mfamerica.com/

The site also says they're looking to develop another residential tower at 8th/grand at the NW corner.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:49 PM

Quote:
http://www.mfamerica.com/

The site also says they're looking to develop another residential tower at 8th/grand at the NW corner.
Interesting.

I wonder if it'll be just like this? One tower in the middle of a lot-filling podium.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:58 PM
Urbanite in Suburbia

It actually looks quite well fit for the area. Two towers would have been optimal, but this really nicely fits into the neighborhood, and gives great height. I actually like the height for that parcel, it slots right in without overpowering. Besides, its just a residential tower...and for that this first render looks well crafted. Sadly its rare for residential towers to have elaborate crowns, and the current design trend really is towards either flat tops,off center or minimalist tops to buildings. (most proposals for spires or crowns in LA right now are off center) I'm mainly thrilled that it activates that extremely busy and visible block at street level.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 7:08 PM
Ascension

This is a pretty nice design with good height for the area. For those that would complain about there not being multiple towers on the site, there are two parking garages plus a surface lot on the Flower St. side that can very easily be redeveloped. I'm all for it.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
This is a pretty nice design with good height for the area. For those that would complain about there not being multiple towers on the site, there are two parking garages plus a surface lot on the Flower St. side that can very easily be redeveloped. I'm all for it.
The garage at Flower/8th has historical status. It can't be torn down. ridiculous

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 7:32 PM
Ascension

Quote:
The garage at Flower/8th has historical status. It can't be torn down. ridiculous
Poppycock.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 7:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Historical parking garage!

Fucking kill me

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 8:39 PM

I remember the discussion on a historical parking garage on the Fig/8th property still find it hard to believe. Good to have that parcel filled in I recently noticed Mitsui Fudosan linked to a major project in NYC just this AM. I had to double check if it was our MFA it was.
DT reports a historic renovation planned for 646 S. Broadway next to Clifton's J.E. Carr Building featuring 30 residences with some other nice features will be a great improvement everything helps.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 9:01 PM

There's still space for a second or third tower in the adjacent lot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations