HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 5, 2008, 12:25 PM

It's awesome! It looks like a cruise ship.

very cool

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 3:18 PM

can someone please tell me WTF is going on with 50 court st. i hate that ugly building but i want it there because its critical for density in downtown. density is key for a city. and right now 50 court is a huge hole. someone tell mr. p. to giddey up. wasnt it supposed to start last spring

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 4:27 PM

200 Delaware and Courthouse update

200 Delaware

Courthouse

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALOVE!! View Post
can someone please tell me WTF is going on with 50 court st. i hate that ugly building but i want it there because its critical for density in downtown. density is key for a city. and right now 50 court is a huge hole. someone tell mr. p. to giddey up. wasnt it supposed to start last spring

Stay tuned. The Paladino/Hotung fight continues. And Paladino is tweaking his plans.

Scratching my head trying to picture how the 200 Delaware facade is going to look like when completed. So far....hmmm.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:27 PM

^^how is it being tweaked??

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
^^how is it being tweaked??
Haven't heard besides there will be "changes." Bigger? Smaller? Is the hotel back? New design?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective View Post

Scratching my head trying to picture how the 200 Delaware facade is going to look like when completed. So far....hmmm.
It already looks better thaen it ever did!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 5:48 PM

Many thanks for the photos, sullymon. But boy that glass on 200 Delaware looks rather dark and dull, almost 1970s like. Hopefully it'll show us some nice reflective properties the higher it goes.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 6:48 PM
welcome to the madness

Taken from the Erie Basin Marina tower
General Skyline Pic (The new projects will have a big impact from this angle)

Erie Basin Condo Midrise:

The Dulski Project:

Healthnow (Still a crane at the parking garage):

Bonus--The fastest sailboat on the Great Lakes:

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 3:29 AM

Quote:
^^ i dont approve. the two extra floors will put this building out of place for that neighborhood. plus they are ruining the historic façade. and all the windows will reflect extra sun light into the water thus increasing its temperature killing fish... (small joke )

great improvement

the endangered jubjub bird might slam into that roof pod. can't have that.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 2:25 PM

..........“We’ve determined we need to go with a smaller building. We’ll represent a seven-story, 225,000-square-foot tower,” the developer said.

The downsized tower will cost approximately $30 million to construct.

He blames Hotung’s lawsuit for allowing two major downtown office projects to get ahead of 50 Court St., resulting in a smaller pool of available tenants. He cited Uniland Development’s new office building at 285 Delaware Ave., as well as Uniland-Acquest Development partnership to overhaul the former Dulski federal office building to mixed-use, with more than 100,000-square-feet of Class A office space.

Buffalo law firm Damon & Morey, a tenant Paladino had hoped to sign to 50 Court St., recently confirmed it will lease 50,000-square-feet at the overhauled Dulski site at Delaware Avenue and West Huron Street.

Paladino said he might sue Hotung for the loss of potential tenants and carrying costs tied to the litigation-caused delay.

“He deserves to be sued until hell freezes over. He’s cost me millions [of dollars],” Paladino said.

Paladino’s interest in the Court Street site dates back to 1989. Over the years, he’s proposed several different projects for the address, including a 15- story office/hotel tower.

from blo-news

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussell83 View Post
..........“We’ve determined we need to go with a smaller building. We’ll represent a seven-story, 225,000-square-foot tower,” the developer said.

The downsized tower will cost approximately $30 million to construct.

He blames Hotung’s lawsuit for allowing two major downtown office projects to get ahead of 50 Court St., resulting in a smaller pool of available tenants. He cited Uniland Development’s new office building at 285 Delaware Ave., as well as Uniland-Acquest Development partnership to overhaul the former Dulski federal office building to mixed-use, with more than 100,000-square-feet of Class A office space.

Buffalo law firm Damon & Morey, a tenant Paladino had hoped to sign to 50 Court St., recently confirmed it will lease 50,000-square-feet at the overhauled Dulski site at Delaware Avenue and West Huron Street.

Paladino said he might sue Hotung for the loss of potential tenants and carrying costs tied to the litigation-caused delay.

“He deserves to be sued until hell freezes over. He’s cost me millions [of dollars],” Paladino said.

Paladino’s interest in the Court Street site dates back to 1989. Over the years, he’s proposed several different projects for the address, including a 15- story office/hotel tower.

from blo-news
he's a giant tool too. i'll repost what i said on b-lo rising:

"Both proposals are jokes. There is no need for a parking ramp the main place guy just doesnt want an office tower to compete with his buildings. and paladino's building is a thought less blob of crap. no first floor retail and just a generic box. why cant he add a few floors of high end apartments and then a floor or two of condos. we've seen that there is demand for both. especially in the middle of the down town business district. grrr "

no matter what its just going to sit empty for another 10 years. i dont have a problem with a 7 story building as long as it doesnt look like the origional proposed one with just office space and no first floor retail. apartments should go ther with office and retail!!!!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 5:07 AM

Does anyone remember when it felt like this was going to start tomorrow?
http://www.buffalo-city-tower.com/

Or when you could see and hear construction on this baby on Delaware ave on any given day

http://www.thestatler.com/

sigh... i thing the statler is still floating but it needs a lifevest instantly (tax credits + hotel signing)! I've pretty much given up hope on the tower

i was his biggest supporter
http://www.basharalissa.com/

Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 5:17 AM

the loading bar for the buffalo city tower just sucks the life out of you.

Hopefully this will bring in more interest for projects

UB receives $10 million gift from Jacobs family to staff heart-vascular institute

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 4:07 AM

colbert had a guest on his show and i think it goes well with our concept of green energy. It would be crazy to see towers of farms for density. vertical farms seems like a very realistic reuse project for our grain silo's. Lol though i wouldn't mind just filling up our urban core with buildings that grow plants.

also.. has anyone herd news on the wind turbine company that wanted to manufacture here? The last i herd it sounded like we missed a real opportunity. Over the weekend i spent a few hours traveling back in time (trying to find an old post). Its really incredible how positive these pages have become for buffalo, hopefully a real strong testament of the future.

someone should convince labbatt to build a brewery here. though if i had my choice it would be guinness or new castle.

Last edited by impressingagent; Jun 13, 2008 at 4:50 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:01 PM

Warehouse Lofts leased out
Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business First

Jake Schneider was wrong. He assumed that when he opened the Warehouse Lofts on Ellicott Street in Buffalo early this spring, it would take until late August or September before the 30 apartments were leased.

Yet, just weeks after Memorial Day, Schneider leased the last of them in the century-old, former printing press building. The 8,300 square feet of commercial space also was leased, with college-student-polling company Student Voice taking the entire spot.

Warehouse Lofts features a mix of one- and two-bedroom units, with monthly rental rates ranging from $900 to just under $2,000.

The tenant mix is diverse, including professional athletes, newlyweds, attorneys, retirees and working couples.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...ml?t=printable

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective View Post
Warehouse Lofts leased out
Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business First

Jake Schneider was wrong. He assumed that when he opened the Warehouse Lofts on Ellicott Street in Buffalo early this spring, it would take until late August or September before the 30 apartments were leased.

Yet, just weeks after Memorial Day, Schneider leased the last of them in the century-old, former printing press building. The 8,300 square feet of commercial space also was leased, with college-student-polling company Student Voice taking the entire spot.

Warehouse Lofts features a mix of one- and two-bedroom units, with monthly rental rates ranging from $900 to just under $2,000.

The tenant mix is diverse, including professional athletes, newlyweds, attorneys, retirees and working couples.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...ml?t=printable
This happens because folks have such low expectations for B-Lo, and it pisses me off. Hell, at least Issa tried. Have faith and build the dam thing whatever it is. If you don't believe in the city, frickin leave. Geez, I can't take it anymore!

Sorry! Got to be the White Zif Im downing right now!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2008, 4:35 AM
welcome to the madness

Erie Basin Mid-rise update

Facade Work:

I think it looks better than the renderings. I guess we'll know for sure when the windows go in. Sorry for the quality of the photos--practically taken right into the sun.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 3:02 AM

Uniland is going to announce the new name of Two Hundred Delaware on Monday.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2008, 11:06 PM

Redevelopment at Kensington Heights
Business First of Buffalo - by Annemarie Franczyk
Friday, June 20, 2008

The empty, dilapidated Kensington Heights housing project on Buffalo's East Side is closer to coming down to make way for a retirement community.

Site developers HLM Holding and Centerstone Development expect to award a contract for the demolition in the next few weeks. Work could begin in mid-August, said John Giardino, Centerstone CEO.

New York state early last year committed the $5 million needed to take down the six high-rise towers as the first phase of a project leading to an $80 million senior-living community called Heritage Heights.

Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples, whose district includes the site, championed the funding through the state Dormitory Authority.

"It looks like a matter of days before these towers are finally demolished and we see cranes and construction equipment on this site," she said.

Gone would be the blighted public housing that abuts Erie County Medical Center, three schools and a park and is visible from Route 33, the Kensington Expressway.

Unoccupied for two decades, the seven-story buildings have been a haven for criminal activity and graffiti.

Giardino and partner Hormoz Mansouri were selected four years ago as preferred developers of the 12-acre site owned by the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority. Two years later, they announced plans that would bring to the city a senior development so far available only in the suburbs.

The project calls for 180 independent-living apartments for seniors who don't require nursing care, 158 assisted-living units offering some daily help and a 320-bed nursing home.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/ot...588800^1654163

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations