HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
they had to change the design because they came up short in funding. if there's going to be something added to it, we haven't seen renderings of it yet (or at least i haven't.).
This is the rendering with the second phase included. I agree that the original rendering was far superior.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 1:40 PM

THe phase 2 addition looks good, but IMO this would have looked so much better.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
This is the rendering with the second phase included. I agree that the original rendering was far superior.
silly me, i *have* seen that; i thought that was what had already been built. i see now that the two wings are not part of phase one.

i would really like to see pemberton place take on more of a, i don't know, use? there is so much empty space that isn't really being used for parkland, and i really liked the original design because it filled out the block very nicely; the new design, even when completed, will leave a lot of pemberton place open and stark. it is not exactly inviting.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 6:12 PM

I ran by there yesterday and noticed that the steel black fence is still up around it. All that openess looks like it'll be fenced off, which is strange. I hope there are plans for better landscaping at the street line or something, because it looks odd the way it is now.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 9:26 PM

According to ABJ, Woods Partners is looking at 98 14th street project!

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r....html?page=all

by the way, when is the next DRC meeting?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes View Post
According to ABJ, Woods Partners is looking at 98 14th street project!

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r....html?page=all

Its next Tuesday the 24th. The agenda for that meeting will be released on Friday.

From the ABC article...
Quote:
Wood Partners is interested in acquiring one of those sites, people familiar with the discussions said.
If this deal happens, I wonder if they would keep the same design.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 8:59 PM

City Lights Project Moves Forward

http://atlanta.curbed.com/archives/2...right-spot.php

Quote:
The first piece of a multi-phase project called "City Lights" has been green-lighted, with the expectation it will brighten up a long-vacant corner of Boulevard. Invest Atlanta has approved $7.5 million in tax-exempt bonds to finance 80 housing units for low-income, independent seniors in the Old Fourth Ward. Wingate Capital Partners — the owner and manager of Bedford Pine, the Southeast's largest Section 8 housing project — is leading the four-story development. It will rise at the corner of Boulevard and Angier Avenue, a lot that's been vacant since fire ravaged two apartment complexes there in 2005.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 PM

So this post is going to suck without pics but I ran by the CCHR this morning and they had the water sculpture/feature thing turned on and it looked GREAT. I was really blown away. They're also installing the rest of the landscaping and I think it looks ok. There is a large graveled area that I guess will be used for park games? I hope there is more of that in the empty space leading to the corner of Ivan Allen and COP drive

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 8:00 PM

Midtown spi-16 & spi-17 development review committee meeting

Quote:

NEW APPLICATION: 22 Fourteenth Street, Related Group
Project Type: New construction of a mixed-use project consisting of a residential tower with approx. 400 units above a structured parking podium. The project includes approx. 6,500 SF of retail space at the corner of 14th and West Peachtree.

NEW APPLICATION: 1010 West Peachtree Street, The Hanover Company Project Type: New construction of a 6-story mixed-use project with frontage on Spring, 10th Street and West Peachtree. The project includes approx. 328 residential units with 13,000 SF of retail fronting on 10th Street.

NEW APPLICATION: Piedmont & 11thStreet Apartments (Azure on the Park), Atlantic Realty Partners
Project Type: New construction of 24-story residential tower (approx. 283 units) and an adjacent 5-story building that with structured parking wrapped in residential units (approx. 47) and roughly 2,100 SF of retail space at the corner. This is the first phase of a larger development that would also include an 18-story residential tower fronting on 10th Street.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 12:59 AM

Heights at West Midtown

This weekend I noticed that construction had started in the project at 507 Bishop Street behind Atlantic Station.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 1:39 AM

any news

any news from the DRC meeting? did anyone go to the meeting?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 1:57 AM

Quote:
This weekend I noticed that construction had started in the project at 507 Bishop Street behind Atlantic Station.
Is there any info about this one? Seems to have flown under the radar. All I know is that it's an apartment building.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 2:36 AM

Quote:
I put a small update in the Atlanta Development Thread V, in city compilations. Very excited for 22 Fourteenth and 1010 West Peachtree. Azure on the Park isn't far enough along to tell.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2014, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Some renderings from Midtown Alliance

1010 West Peachtree Street

22 Fourteenth Street

Azure on the Park

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jun 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 12:13 AM

An article in the Business Chronicle mentioned that lenders are noticing all of the residential proposals in Midtown and are tightening the purse strings on financing these projects. So even though there are a TON of proposals, actual development may only be a trickle over the next year or so. We'll see.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 10:18 PM

Midtown poised for unprecedented residential boom

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...tial-boom.html

Quote:
An unprecedented number of residential units are slated for construction in Midtown.

While this includes condos, the bulk of the units are apartments that would fill more than a dozen mid-rise buildings and towers planned along Peachtree, West Peachtree and Spring streets, and around the MARTA train stations, Piedmont Park and Technology Square.
Midtown has never seen so many proposed residential projects at once. And more continue to enter the pipeline.

Halfway through 2014, more than 5,700 residential units are proposed in the city’s arts and entertainment district stretching from just south of the bridge over the Downtown Connector to just south of North Avenue, according to the Midtown Alliance. Nearly 800 residential units are currently in construction in Midtown.
There is one new rendering in the article for Azure on the Park

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 2:12 AM

Quote:
An article in the Business Chronicle mentioned that lenders are noticing all of the residential proposals in Midtown and are tightening the purse strings on financing these projects. So even though there are a TON of proposals, actual development may only be a trickle over the next year or so. We'll see.
I had to laugh at this since not one bit of dirt has moved yet. With all those proposals I assumed this was going to be the year Midtown took off, but it looks like it'll be idling for awhile. Very odd considering every other part of Atlanta and its northern arc is full of cranes right now. Even Cobb has $2/sf apartments popping up, yet except for a couple of Skyhouses Midtown seems to be frozen in time

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
I had to laugh at this since not one bit of dirt has moved yet. With all those proposals I assumed this was going to be the year Midtown took off, but it looks like it'll be idling for awhile. Very odd considering every other part of Atlanta and its northern arc is full of cranes right now. Even Cobb has $2/sf apartments popping up, yet except for a couple of Skyhouses Midtown seems to be frozen in time
There are a lot things that would describe Midtown but frozen in time definitely not one of them.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
There are a lot things that would describe Midtown but frozen in time definitely not one of them.
No need to feed the trolls.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 1:45 AM

FWIW, this recently appear in the TNT blog.

Quote:
Starbucks will soon close its freestanding location at the corner of 7th and Peachtree Streets and relocate (temporarily) to the bottom of the Viewpoint condo building. Starbucks will occupy suite 2, aka the former home of Evos. Starbucks' current home, originally a Krystal, is being demolished to make way for a new condo project. When finished, "Seventh" will be nine stories with "23 spectacular luxury residences and penthouses." Starbucks will move back to the new property when it's ready and occupy a portion of the planned 4,700 square feet of street level retail space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta