HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I am really surprised Regina doesn't have a direct daily Air Canada Flight to Edmonton? Seems odd to me that only WestJet offers this. Also wish Regina had a direct daily to Ottawa. Capital of Saskatchewan to Capital of Canada.
WS pretty much has a lock on YQR-YEG with 3 flights per day. AC is obsessed with running everything through YYC.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 12:42 AM

AC is once again doing the YOW-YQR-YXE loop during the summer months.
The earliest date I can find on their website is May 23rd.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
WS pretty much has a lock on YQR-YEG with 3 flights per day. AC is obsessed with running everything through YYC.
Except all the AC flights to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Except all the AC flights to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto.

Sure there are a few, especially Toronto, but often you end up having to go through Calgary even when flying east.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 3:00 PM
ConstructionPete

YXE master plan survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YXE-
P1

Above link is a survey YXE is conducting to update their masterplan.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
If you think AC is YYC focused clearly you have never tried to fly anywhere on WS. It seems every possible destination out of YWG routes through YYC.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
If you think AC is YYC focused clearly you have never tried to fly anywhere on WS. It seems every possible destination out of YWG routes through YYC.
Although I very much prefer WS over AC and will always choose them when feasible, I agree that it is very common to have to fly through YYC on WS to get to your final destination, including routes to Central Canada. My experience flying east is, that when you cannot get a direct flight, you'll typically go through Calgary on WS and go through Winnipeg on AC. At least Winnipeg is in the right direction.

Last edited by Crisis; May 16, 2017 at 2:21 PM.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 7:05 AM

I guess the Regina ATB expansion is set for next year.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I guess the Regina ATB expansion is set for next year.
Have design tenders gone out? I couldn't be more excited for this to get started! Glass, Glass, GLASS!!!!

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 5:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Have design tenders gone out? I couldn't be more excited for this to get started! Glass, Glass, GLASS!!!!
I don't know about the tendering part; however, the ATB's construction is to commence next year. The airside construction ought to be completed by late fall.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 7:59 PM

Can't wait to see the new livery on the E190's and smaller coming to Regina Also do we think Rouge would ever seasonally serve Regina or Saskatoon?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 3:02 AM

Forever is a long time, but I don't anticipate Rouge serving YQR or YXE anytime in the next decade. WestJet has been adding leisure destinations out of Regina for many years and Air Canada has never done a thing to compete with it.

Rouge flights are pretty much always going to be out of Air Canada hubs like YVR, YYC, YYZ, etc. The odd other city that they serve is still an airport with reasonably significant connecting traffic. On the other hand, only a very tiny percentage of Regina and Saskatoon air traffic is connecting traffic.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 3:25 PM

The E190's will be leaving the fleet in the next 5 years or so. They have already gotten rid of 20 of them. At that time, the CS300 will be arriving. We will see a mixture of CS300's and CRJ900's I think coming into the Queen city. It's interesting that they haven't updated the CRJ705 to the CRJ900, as all of the existing 705 will be converted to the 900, and they have already taken delivery of 5 or 6 of the new 900's.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Rouge flights are pretty much always going to be out of Air Canada hubs like YVR, YYC, YYZ, etc. The odd other city that they serve is still an airport with reasonably significant connecting traffic. On the other hand, only a very tiny percentage of Regina and Saskatoon air traffic is connecting traffic.
Notable only for its rarity, when I was flying back to Saskatoon from Cancun in March, there were a large number of passengers on the flight with Calgary as their final destination. I'm used to flying through Calgary to get to Saskatoon. I'd never before seen the reverse.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
The E190's will be leaving the fleet in the next 5 years or so. They have already gotten rid of 20 of them. At that time, the CS300 will be arriving. We will see a mixture of CS300's and CRJ900's I think coming into the Queen city. It's interesting that they haven't updated the CRJ705 to the CRJ900, as all of the existing 705 will be converted to the 900, and they have already taken delivery of 5 or 6 of the new 900's.
Some of the E75 and CRJ900 have the new paint job. Those are more likely show up in SK airports.

I have been wondering what is going on with the CRJ705 to CRJ900 conversion. That is been on the go for quite some time.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:56 PM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Some of the E75 and CRJ900 have the new paint job. Those are more likely show up in SK airports.

I have been wondering what is going on with the CRJ705 to CRJ900 conversion. That is been on the go for quite some time.
The old ones will not be converted until all of the new ones are delivered (there is, IIRC, 1 to go). They will not sell them as CR9 until all are converted.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 2:17 AM

The expansion of the main apron and new taxiways @ YQR are complete and navigable according to the Canada Flight Supplement and Canada Air Pilot publications. The main apron suggests as to the extent of the ATB expansion as well.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
The expansion of the main apron and new taxiways @ YQR are complete and navigable according to the Canada Flight Supplement and Canada Air Pilot publications. The main apron suggests as to the extent of the ATB expansion as well.
Any idea when details of the ATB expansion will be revealed?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:55 PM

here's some Sask aviation history

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...tion-1.4180354

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
Any idea when details of the ATB expansion will be revealed?
I reckon late fall at the earliest.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan