HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 2:24 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide View Post
The proposed development at NWC of Central & Indian School has a bunch of surface parking wrapped by the units. No mixed-use as far as I know. Lousy density. It should be opposed.
Completely agree. Not a good development for the area. Parc Midtown is across the street and Alta Midtown is a block away and multiple high-rises proposed across the street. This development needs sent back to the drawing board. It's too suburban for what the area is becoming.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Completely agree. Not a good development for the area. Parc Midtown is across the street and Alta Midtown is a block away and multiple high-rises proposed across the street. This development needs sent back to the drawing board. It's too suburban for what the area is becoming.
Unfortunately the city is so pumped to gentrify midtown that I would bet they approve this project.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 11:22 PM
Modulator

The office building on 3rd St. behind Portrait has been mostly demo'd with only a small portion still standing.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 4:27 PM

This was submitted yesterday for 817 N 2nd St.

Adaptive re-use of existing 2,356 SF building turning former office building into a (Brothers Pub) restaurant. Project to include site improvements, renovation of existing building, new mechanical, electrical, and utility infrastructure, building ADDITION of 190 SF, and-new cover patio (500SF)

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 4:44 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut1 View Post
This was submitted yesterday for 817 N 2nd St.

Adaptive re-use of existing 2,356 SF building turning former office building into a (Brothers Pub) restaurant. Project to include site improvements, renovation of existing building, new mechanical, electrical, and utility infrastructure, building ADDITION of 190 SF, and-new cover patio (500SF)
I wonder if it's this place relocating from Scottsdale:

http://twobrothersbrewing.com/restau...e-and-brewery/

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:12 PM

That building will be a bar and the building at 817 N 1st Street will as well. Don't expect either to open any time soon.

The building on 1st Street has been undergoing expansion and rehab for quite some time, it's owned by the same guy who owns Chambers. I don't know him but he was a long time bartender at Seamus and (I think) purchased Seamus from the original owner.

The building on 2nd Street is owned by Vento so the bar operator is probably something only he knows about - it's a lessee.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I wonder if it's this place relocating from Scottsdale:

http://twobrothersbrewing.com/restau...e-and-brewery/
Two brotheres is a chicago based brewery and I dont think they are relocating nor do they have anything to do with this bar.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:34 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Two brotheres is a chicago based brewery and I dont think they are relocating nor do they have anything to do with this bar.
They're based in Chicago but have been operating a pub in Scottsdale that recently closed with an intent to relocate to an unannounced location. That might be nothing more than coincidence, though. It's hard to know without seeing the documents filed with the city.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:35 PM

I agree the word Brothers being used by two businesses in their name is nothing more than a coincidence. If it were Two Brothers Brewing the place would specifically be called Two Brothers Brewing.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:22 AM

Live work Artist project for Grand

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...live-work.html

Quote:
A land sale could pave the way for a new live-work space coming to the rapidly developing Grand Avenue neighborhood.

Four parcels of land were sold on Tuesday for $825,000 following an extended negotiation period. An industrial warehouse located at 1317 W. McKinley St. rests on three of the four parcels. The land was purchased by Jeff Cannon, owner of Yoga Democracy and Yogavated, two luxury athletics apparel companies based in Cave Creek.

Developers plan to convert the one-story industrial warehouse, built in 1970, into a three-story, live-work space while preserving the majority of the structure with the exception of the roof, which is not salvageable, said Cannon.

The remaining parcel of land will be used as a parking lot. Development and renovations are expected to cost around $1.6 million.

Travis Strote of Yoga Democracy, who described himself as a “small partner” in the deal, outlined the three-story mixed-use project which would include storefronts on the ground floor, office space on the second floor and housing on the third, most likely for artists. The building will incorporate shipping crates into the design and the location will also serve as Yoga Democracy and Yogavated's manufacturing site and corporate headquarters.

“You could tell everyone in that area was very artistic, very community driven,” said Strote, who described the space as a “dead zone” in an otherwise vibrant commercial area. “We saw a chance to take something that will only help them grow and help us grow.”

The McKinley location is right across the street from Bragg's Pie Factory and Barrio Cafe Gran Reserva, two neighborhood mainstays, as well as a variety of galleries and art spaces.

In recent years, the Grand Avenue neighborhood has been experiencing what some call a renaissance, and others describe as gentrification. The area has long been compared to Roosevelt Row: the once gritty, artist haven caught the attention of developers within the last decade. Once the high-rises started popping up, the art denizens and their galleries migrated elsewhere; some along Grand Avenue.

But Beatrice Moore, a neighborhood preservationist who owns several commercial properties in the area including Bragg's Pie Factory, said she's happy the athletic wear company is planning to adaptively reuse the structure.

"Just about everyone that I've seen buy a building down here has bought it to preserve it," said Moore.

The apparel companies, which currently operate out of Cave Creek, will move into the Grand Avenue location around November, said Cannon. He expects the project to be complete by the first quarter of 2020.

The land was purchased from Rudy De Paola, owner of Sales Force Won and a bakery called Simply From Scratch. The building has sat vacant for several years. County records show it was twice cited for blight violations including an overgrowth of weeds, litter and a damaged fence.

The warehouse was once a manufacturing center for baked goods, operating under the name La Patisserie Bakery. In the last few years, the building has been used as equipment storage for Simply From Scratch.

"The use and intention [for the building] is about perfect," said Gene Montemore, a real estate agent from Launch Real Estate who sold the property. "I think it's a tipping point for the neighborhood."

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 2:26 PM

Should we even mention projects

Quote:
Under 3 million dollars combining land acquisition and building? Seems Mickey Mouse.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Under 3 million dollars combining land acquisition and building? Seems Mickey Mouse.
Run down part of town the warehouse is borderline useless idk could be possible.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 7:27 PM
Modulator

Davis has revamped their website. They have updated renderings of the Ten-O-One development with another 11-12 story tower added to the North end. I have not seen or heard of this yet nord did I know that Davis was working on designs for True North.

https://thedavisexperience.com/project/ten-0-one

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Davis has revamped their website. They have updated renderings of the Ten-O-One development with another 11-12 story tower added to the North end. I have not seen or heard of this yet nord did I know that Davis was working on designs for True North.

I remember that there was a potential for a residential 2nd phase but it was not a solid plan.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 8:39 PM
Modulator

Quote:
I remember that there was a potential for a residential 2nd phase but it was not a solid plan.
This one is different than what we seen though. The Creative House looking tower is on the NE corner of the block. This one is on the NW corner. So I'm wondering if we could potentially see 2 additional towers in the long run?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 9:39 PM

Quote:

When was the overhaul for this building supposed to occur? I thought I read somewhere True North would begin making improvements to this building beginning this summer.

I'm interested to see if they add an entrance or retail to this building on the NE corner of Roosevelt and Central. A liquor license (including outdoor service) and outdoor entertainment permit for amplified music was approved for this site last month, wonder if it means tenants are already lined up to move in.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 9:58 PM
Skyriser

The whole block has a very curious patchwork of ownership situation.

That rendering for the north portion is so bad I find it hard to believe any of this is real. Why would Davis advertise this?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 10:10 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
When was the overhaul for this building supposed to occur? I thought I read somewhere True North would begin making improvements to this building beginning this summer.

I'm interested to see if they add an entrance or retail to this building on the NE corner of Roosevelt and Central. A liquor license (including outdoor service) and outdoor entertainment permit for amplified music was approved for this site last month, wonder if it means tenants are already lined up to move in.
The 1st rendering does appear to have umbrella's along Roosevelt and the 2nd rendering on the Davis site does appear to have a bar of sorts with people sitting in high chairs on the North side of the building. I'm hoping we see something along the Central side.

Edit: Here's the whole rendering. From what I can see in the rendering, looks like activation on both Roosevelt and Central.

Photo Source: Davis Experience

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 11:17 PM

Some of the locals are starting to refer to Roosevelt as True North Row.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 6:15 AM

Banana Republic coming to Town and Country

https://www.allaboutarizonanews.com/...ublic-to-area/

Phoenix To Welcome Banana Republic To Area

his fall, high-end fashion retailer Banana Republic will open a new store in Phoenix at 20th Street and Camelback Road.

This will mark the first store in the area since the spring of 2017 when the brand closed its store at Biltmore Fashion Park.

A subsidiary of San Francisco-based Gap Inc., Banana Republic will be taking over a 5,500-square-foot location at the Shops at Town & Country.

Over the past two years, nearly 60 Banana Republic stores across North America closed its doors, while the company only opened up 14.

With mall attendance continuously declining, Gap is closing its mall locations and trying to open in areas where shoppers visit more often. The result will be shopping centers with daily needs, discount and specialty stores.

In 2018, Banana Republic reported revenue of $2.5 billion, which was up 3.2% from 2017, and made up nearly 16% of Gap’s total sales.

“Overall 2018 was a year of progress that strengthens our confidence in the relevance and potential for Banana Republic,” Gap CEO Art Peck said. “We saw the continued renewal of Banana Republic with positive trends and a stronger foundation.”

In the fall of 2017, Banana Republic’s sister concept, Athleta, opened a store in the same Phoenix shopping center.

“This is the third Gap concept we have brought to the intersection,” said Dave Cheatham of the Velocity Retail Group. “Twenty-five years ago when Old Navy was first launched by Gap, we found the real estate for their second national location at the Colonnade Mall across the street.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...e-but-not.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest