HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 3:04 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
About 5 years ago I went to Misericordia ER cuz I sliced my finger open very bad (tip: do not hold an avocado in your hand and try to stab the pit out with a large knife). I was told it would be 6-8 hours to see a doctor to get stitches. That was absolutely absurd as it probably would have taken 5 minute to stitch it and send me on my way. My neighbour was a doctor so I left and he just glued it shut for me. I def hit a nerve because I still have no feeling on the inside of my finger.
mean it would be faster to book a private plane fly to lynn lake see the doc and fly back wow

seriously ive had to go into the hospital here for things and in and out in an hour with seeing the doc. were kinda spoiled up here thank god though the doc can be an idiot hes starting to smartin up with people

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 3:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
We're basically making all the same mistakes that we made last year... spiking the ball at the 5 yard line instead of actually getting it into the end zone.

I can understand the impetus for loosening the restrictions to some extent, but why get rid of the mask mandate just as this delta variant starts flaring up and kids still aren't vaccinated?
Well just how long should the responsible people like myself who are fully vax'd be stuck with a face diaper?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 4:38 AM
Mr. Winnipeg

What are the rules on public transit?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Masks will remain mandatory on transit and in all city facilities.

It would not shock me at all to see most stores and restaurants require, at a minimum, all staff to continue wearing masks for the foreseeable future.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Masks required for now, not that anyone will enforce it unless it's the driver not wearing it. Imagine we'll find out in the next day or 2 if anything is changing.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Well just how long should the responsible people like myself who are fully vax'd be stuck with a face diaper?
If you're wearing a diaper on your face you're doing it wrong

But why not keep going with masks in public settings until the delta variant threat passes and kids are vaccinated? It seems like a reasonable requirement for all the effort that's involved.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 4:49 PM

So the new rules take affect now or on Friday?

I’m in a McDonalds in Brandon right now. All face masks and name and phone number if you’re eating inside.
The staff is constantly cleaning.
It’s almost become habitual to wear the mask. I was at Princess Auto (hardly the hangout of woke lefties) and it was a 100% masks and distancing. I think some folks need to dial back the doom and gloom.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
So the new rules take affect now or on Friday?

I’m in a McDonalds in Brandon right now. All face masks and name and phone number if you’re eating inside.
The staff is constantly cleaning.
It’s almost become habitual to wear the mask. I was at Princess Auto (hardly the hangout of woke lefties) and it was a 100% masks and distancing. I think some folks need to dial back the doom and gloom.
The changes take effect Saturday at 12:01 am, aka late Friday night.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 4:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The changes take effect Saturday at 12:01 am, aka late Friday night.
Gonna miss people riding their bikes alone with a mask on and the highly intelligent driving their car alone with a mask on and always just covering the mouth because after all who breathes through their nose!!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 4:27 PM

I like to think people who are mask on in the car, simply have forgotten to take it off after they left the store. Because it really doesn't bother them. That makes me feel better about the situation lol

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Gonna miss people riding their bikes alone with a mask on and the highly intelligent driving their car alone with a mask on and always just covering the mouth because after all who breathes through their nose!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I like to think people who are mask on in the car, simply have forgotten to take it off after they left the store. Because it really doesn't bother them. That makes me feel better about the situation lol
That's certainly the case with me, I often forget to remove it after it's not needed. Also, it's often easier to keep the mask on between quick location changes than to remove it and then need a new mask.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 5:43 PM

There have been times, especially during peaks of each wave, where if I've been to a store and touching a lot of products and wasn't able to sanitize my hands prior to leaving, I may wait until I can properly sanitize before taking the mask off. Touching your face after coming into contact with the virus renders the mask useless. It may be overkill but it's just a mask and causes no hard to keep it on.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
That's certainly the case with me, I often forget to remove it after it's not needed. Also, it's often easier to keep the mask on between quick location changes than to remove it and then need a new mask.
Who the hell does that? I don't generally wear a mask anymore but I keep one in my vehicle and I used it for at least a few days for running into stores and things. The whole thing about never touching the mask was a load of crap to begin with.

The last couple of posts sound more like OCD than anything else.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Who the hell does that? I don't generally wear a mask anymore but I keep one in my vehicle and I used it for at least a few days for running into stores and things. The whole thing about never touching the mask was a load of crap to begin with.

The last couple of posts sound more like OCD than anything else.
Medical grade masks lose effectiveness pretty quickly (after 15-30 minutes). If you've used one for longer, then the next time you use it it's not going to be nearly as effective a barrier. That's why the best masking solution is to use a new medical mask each place you enter, and then use a fresh cloth mask (tight as possible) over top to provide a tight seal. Or an N95.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 2:15 AM
digital b0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
The poll meets all scientific requirements, and was representative of the population. Previous polls have shown the same thing—people in Quebec are pleased with their government's handling of the pandemic.

That doesn't mean the government has done a good job, of course. SK is also pleased with Scott Moe's handling, even though he hasn't done a good job. A least in Quebec's case, most of the deaths appeared earlier in the pandemic, when less was known (especially as it spread through care homes) Places that have had later large surges (like MB and ON) deserve far worse criticism since by then we knew enough on how to control the virus.
Quebec's government has done an horrible job that resulted in the death of many seniors during the first wave. Many of them not dead from covid itself. I cant believe we are "pleased" by that. Personally, I live there and I am ashamed ofby my government. Quebec motto, "Je me souviens" --- yeah right!

Sorry. Didn't wanted to hijack your thread guys

a political policy characterized by inertia and antipathy to change

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitboy View Post
Quebec's government has done an horrible job that resulted in the death of many seniors during the first wave. Many of them not dead from covid itself. I cant believe we are "pleased" by that. Personally, I live there and I am ashamed ofby my government. Quebec motto, "Je me souviens" --- yeah right!

Sorry. Didn't wanted to hijack your thread guys
I completely agree, terrible responses. But none worse than here. We had advanced warning of what was to come, seeing what happened in care homes in Ontario and Québec, our MLA’s and bureaucrats did nothing to prevent the same exact thing from happening here. How anyone could think anyone in government did a good job is mind blowing. None of our sitting politicians deserve to be re-elected. I don’t think there’s a single MLA in the entire provincial legislature that showed some semblance of leadership during the entire pandemic.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 6:06 PM
digital b0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
I completely agree, terrible responses. But none worse than here. We had advanced warning of what was to come, seeing what happened in care homes in Ontario and Québec, our MLA’s and bureaucrats did nothing to prevent the same exact thing from happening here. How anyone could think anyone in government did a good job is mind blowing. None of our sitting politicians deserve to be re-elected. I don’t think there’s a single MLA in the entire provincial legislature that showed some semblance of leadership during the entire pandemic.
Obviously i didn't follow all the news about how Manitoba was doing but I heard about how bad your 3rd wave was. I think that at some point Manitoba was worst in Canada and still locked down while other provinces were slowly reopening. Next elections you know what you have to do I guess... That being said, I don't think any government or political parties around the world would have been able to do a perfect job given the situation.

a political policy characterized by inertia and antipathy to change

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 6:29 PM

With the right group of people in charge this could have been over, internationally, in a month. Literally… a month. We have to be the First group of people in history to have all the necessary knowledge to combat and fight a pandemic and we literally did nothing. Can’t go to a movie theatre but you can climb aboard this metal tube and breathe recirculated air for eight hours. We literally allowed it to spread to poor nations. Now with wave number four coming the most vulnerable are young children who haven’t been vaccinated, and nobody gives a shit. We are horrible people.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
With the right group of people in charge this could have been over, internationally, in a month. Literally… a month. We have to be the First group of people in history to have all the necessary knowledge to combat and fight a pandemic and we literally did nothing. Can’t go to a movie theatre but you can climb aboard this metal tube and breathe recirculated air for eight hours. We literally allowed it to spread to poor nations. Now with wave number four coming the most vulnerable are young children who haven’t been vaccinated, and nobody gives a shit. We are horrible people.
It's also expected that all unvaccinated people (including children) have an 80-90% chance of contracting the disease in the next 6-12 months due to Delta's massive contagiousness (appears to be equivalent to Measles, with an R0 of between 10-12).

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...ses-spike.html

Quote:
[T]he probability of unvaccinated people across all age groups to experience infection in the next 6-12 months is 80 to 90 per cent.
Horrible that it could have been avoided, especially in rich nations like Canada where, if all adults had taken the vaccine, we could have effectively protected those under 12. The 5-11 vaccine from Pfizer could be approved in the next 2-4 months, and hopefully most kids in that age range are vaccinated as well and we can really stop the spread.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 3:19 PM

I was browsing the Manitoba COVID website, prepping my self for the impending doom, and noticed this stat.

74% of on reserve population with 2 doses. While almost 98% of off reserve with 2 doses, which is huge!

What's with the disparity, trust? Are there errors in this data? Such as the off reserve population adding up to 108%.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan