HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Eco)nomy_404 View Post
This is what happens when I insert an image from Flickr:

I could just insert the URL, but that might be kinda agitating.

https://flic.kr/p/ZRdbNf
The URL linked links to the "webpage" rather than the image itself. Flickr is weird, so you can't right click on images and find their source, but in other circumstances if you right click on an image it should show "open image in new tab", where the actual image URL lies.

But the flickr url works... I would suggest that everyone goes and looks at the flickr album so we don't make you work any more than you have to lol

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 6:06 AM

I would really recommend using imgur for hosting images, it really is the best image hosting website.

I did look through the Flickr album though and the pictures are awesome!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Eco)nomy_404 View Post
Thanks, Delts! I'm glad you liked them! Do they still appear on here? It's showing this weird "upgrade to third party hosting" message for me. Maybe I need to switch to another photo sharing site
Well, they did show up just fine Sunday morning. Whatever you did since then please undo it...

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 8:08 PM

Next Big Cities are Smaller, Younger and Highly Educated with Seattle Taking #1 Spot

Next Big Cities are Smaller, Younger and Highly Educated with Seattle Taking #1 Spot
Urban Land Institute

LOS ANGELES (October 26, 2017) – “Smaller and Secondary” are the leading themes running through this year’s top cities in the latest Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2018, released today by PwC US and the Urban Land Institute (ULI) with Seattle taking the top spot this year, thanks to its job opportunities, diverse economy and young, educated workforce.

Salt Lake City (#3) and Fort Lauderdale (#6) jumped into the top 10 for the first time in the study’s history as investors look to replicate the level of success found in Denver and Miami with their competitive costs of living and high quality of life.

The Top 10 Markets in Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2018:

1. Seattle, WA
2. Austin, TX
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Raleigh/Durham. NC
5. Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
6. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7. Los Angeles, CA
8. San Jose, CA
9. Nashville, TN
10. Boston, MA

Read the rest at: uli.org

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 11:47 PM

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Urban Land Institute

LOS ANGELES (October 26, 2017) – “Smaller and Secondary” are the leading themes running through this year’s top cities in the latest Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2018, released today by PwC US and the Urban Land Institute (ULI) with Seattle taking the top spot this year, thanks to its job opportunities, diverse economy and young, educated workforce.

Salt Lake City (#3) and Fort Lauderdale (#6) jumped into the top 10 for the first time in the study’s history as investors look to replicate the level of success found in Denver and Miami with their competitive costs of living and high quality of life.

The Top 10 Markets in Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2018:

1. Seattle, WA
2. Austin, TX
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Raleigh/Durham. NC
5. Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
6. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7. Los Angeles, CA
8. San Jose, CA
9. Nashville, TN
10. Boston, MA

Read the rest at: uli.org
Here's more on Salt Lake's ranking.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 12:12 AM

Thanks for the updates!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 1:07 AM

I had a great weekend and fell in love with this city again.
Went to the Pie hole and then saw an LA punk band at Urban Lounge Friday night
Ballet West Gala at the Capitol Theatre which opened with a performance to the music of Janis Joplin Saturday night
Honestly if you live here and you are bored it's because you are boring

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 7:04 PM

Where's the like button. I like that comment.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
I had a great weekend and fell in love with this city again.
Went to the Pie hole and then saw an LA punk band at Urban Lounge Friday night
Ballet West Gala at the Capitol Theatre which opened with a performance to the music of Janis Joplin Saturday night
Honestly if you live here and you are bored it's because you are boring
I'll drink to that. I sometimes read comments from people on this forum and wonder if we live in the same city and state. This is an awesome state and city to live, work and play. It certainly has things I would like to change, which are probably different than what others want changed, but I am always lamenting that I don't have enough time or money to do all the things I want to. I can only report my experiences, but my life has been full and happy living here.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 8:11 PM

Is this West 200 South?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 8:56 PM

It looks like the SW corner of 1300 S &500 e is going to be redeveloped. Does anybody know what is planned for that corner?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 11:38 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Where's the like button. I like that comment.
It’s over at Reddit, where this outdated forum should consider migrating to.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 12:08 AM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
[B]Salt Lake City (#3) and Fort Lauderdale (#6) jumped into the top 10 for the first time in the study’s history as investors look to replicate the level of success found in Denver and Miami with their competitive costs of living and high quality of life.
When investors succeed, regular Joes like you and me get screwed. I never thought I'd be priced out of Utah.

CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 12:52 AM
Let It Rise!

Plyscrapers: The rise of the wooden skyscraper

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017...s-made-of-wood

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
It looks like the SW corner of 1300 S &500 e is going to be redeveloped. Does anybody know what is planned for that corner?
Yes, I'll have a post on that tomorrow!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 12:55 AM

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 3:41 AM
Ironweed

This is the conundrum I've been discussing ad nauseum. I personally blame the citizens and local developers for their ignorance of proper urban planning. We are living in a mountain basin. The region is not conducive to sprawl. The overall development process along the Wasatch Front has been a failure. No intelligent thought process has been achieved when considering sprawl, traffic, and pollution. I have read numerous comments from different publications other than this forum. Articles discuss the rapid current and future growth. The comments from the locals are frustrating. They honestly believe that additional growth will occur away from the Wasatch Front. SLC is clearly behind the eight ball as well when discussing development. The culprits: Poor leadership, and wimpy local lenders. Hopefully the trends can change. Hopefully capital firms and developers outside of Utah will address the in equilibrium on the supply and demand curve. The locals clearly don't know how to.

Last edited by Ironweed; Nov 1, 2017 at 6:10 AM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
This is the conundrum I've be discussing ad nauseum. I personally blame the citizens and local developers for their ignorance of proper urban planning. We are living in a mountain basin. The region is not conducive to sprawl. The overall development process along the Wasatch Front has been a failure. No intelligent thought process has been achieved when considering sprawl, traffic, and pollution. I have read numerous comments from different publications other than this forum. Articles discuss the rapid current and future growth. The comments from the locals are frustrating. They honestly believe that additional growth will occur away from the Wasatch Front. SLC is clearly behind the eight ball as well when discussing development. The culprits: Poor leadership, and wimpy local lenders. Hopefully the trends can change. Hopefully capital firms and developers outside of Utah will address the in equilibrium on the supply and demand curve. The locals clearly don't know how to.
I didn't mention this in the article but it is the out of state developers that are going for the downtown office space like Held and Patrinely. And it is the out of state developers that are doing the really large residential like Salt. I think we are going to see a jump in out of state interest and they are going to be the ones leading a lot of downtown and downtown adjacent development over the next decade.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
When investors succeed, regular Joes like you and me get screwed. I never thought I'd be priced out of Utah.

CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!
yeah, investors forced Utahns to have a million babies. Srsly how does increasing the supply of housing increase prices? If we can blame anyone other than Mom and Dad it's all the nimbys standing in the way of the investors and developers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West