HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Not bad…too bad the Sox are fucking awful (signed: a frustrated season ticket holder).

At this point, since the field is already there, just build a new stadium around it…but considering they don’t deserve it, nothing fancy. Just something like what the Kane county Cougars have…the Sox don’t deserve anything more.
They absolutely deserve 100% more. And it starts with the owner.

Jerry R. couldn't kick the bucket soon enough.

Not sure where that leaves fans with his kids, however.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 4:43 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
They absolutely deserve 100% more. And it starts with the owner.
It absolutely starts with the owners, but Reinsdorf isn’t doing jack and he will not because he doesn’t care. The Bulls are his baby, the White Sox are the one-night-stand bastard that he has to pay child support for. Very begrudgingly. And again, this is coming from a very long-time fan who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on prime tickets to support the team..but even then, it’s fine to be very critical of any organization, sports or otherwise, when they’re not even trying to do their job.

Would I like to see a new Sox park located in the 78? Yes…but if it’s going to be a taxpayer funded affair, the organization and its owner need to do far better in earning that funding. And considering Reinsdorf was caught on a hot mic not giving a shit about the team and only caring about revenue streams, AND with the ever-present threat of relocation, it’s a very hard sell.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 4:46 PM
Plenary pleasures.

I love seeing a field like that in the photo Steely shared, and can very clearly imagine a sweet new stadium as part of the overall 78 master development. The renderings released earlier this year (or was it last year?) are awesome. But again, it’s a hard sell, for me.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 4:59 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Mayor Johnson's seemingly eagerness to throw massive subsidies for the 78 or Bears alone should disqualify him when he runs again for reelection.

This is still the 3rd largest market in the country, and if any city team wants to flee for a market of 2-3 million elsewhere that throws billions at a team so they get on some radar it is time to happily hold the exit door for them.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 5:19 PM

]It absolutely starts with the owners, but Reinsdorf isn’t doing jack and he will not because he doesn’t care. The Bulls are his baby, the White Sox are the one-night-stand bastard that he has to pay child support for. Very begrudgingly. And again, this is coming from a very long-time fan who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on prime tickets to support the team..but even then, it’s fine to be very critical of any organization, sports or otherwise, when they’re not even trying to do their job.

Would I like to see a new Sox park located in the 78? Yes…but if it’s going to be a taxpayer funded affair, the organization and its owner need to do far better in earning that funding. And considering Reinsdorf was caught on a hot mic not giving a shit about the team and only caring about revenue streams, AND with the ever-present threat of relocation, it’s a very hard sell.

Not true about he favored the bulls over the Sox , this is the same man that said he would trade all of the Bulls championships for world, Series trophies. Reinsdorf has been making moves like the Chicago sports network, united center development and I believe him and the bears are in talks , just my soul telling me

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganChi View Post
]

Not true about he favored the bulls over the Sox , this is the same man that said he would trade all of the Bulls championships for world, Series trophies. Reinsdorf has been making moves like the Chicago sports network, united center development and I believe him and the bears are in talks , just my soul telling me
He's about a 6-6 remaining game record away from becoming the owner of the worst team in baseball history. Congrats on your new network and real-estate deals.

The man is a scoundrel.

Old Posted Today, 3:25 AM

I saw the preliminary renderings for a new ballpark and hopefully that or something similar gets built for the White Sox.

Old Posted Today, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post
I saw the preliminary renderings for a new ballpark and hopefully that or something similar gets built for the White Sox.
Is it different from the one we’ve seen?

Old Posted Today, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post
Hopefully nothing gets built FOR the White Sox, if something gets built BY the White Sox that's a different matter

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development