HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This guy is speaking out of his ass. He also made a post saying the Three Sisters was originally going to be 25 storeys, and was cut back to 15. This is patently false. The Three Sisters was ALWAYS going to be 15 storeys.

As for Dieppe saying "it wants the project" - they have no say in this matter. Also, I clearly remember when the downtown Dieppe visioning was done several years ago, they clearly indicated they were interested in buildings in the 5-6 storey range, in order to preserve the character of the downtown part of the city. Unless city council over there has recently suffered a stroke, they would have no interest in a 30 storey tower.

I could certainly see Infinity being scaled back due to economic circumstances, but probably to the 20-25 storey range. I remain hopeful however that the project will remain on track for 30 storeys. Construction won't occur until late 2024 or 2025.
Someone also on retail talk said he was told by a good source they are doing wind testing for the building now so I take it that developers are keeping it 30 storeys

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 3:11 PM

Regarding Dieppe, maybe this isn't the right thread but somewhat on topic - is there any sort of official boundary of where the marsh land is that CF Champlain is on? Of course we won't ever see significant stories in this area but it's interesting that just across Paul St., Horizon Place is 10 stories, so it must not be an issue there. Then there's also Promenade 9 which is seemingly on the marsh and Chateau Moncton right on the river bank. Infinity would I'm guessing be right on the edge of it (assuming Staples/Superstore is)?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 3:49 PM

Quote:
This guy is speaking out of his ass. He also made a post saying the Three Sisters was originally going to be 25 storeys, and was cut back to 15. This is patently false. The Three Sisters was ALWAYS going to be 15 storeys.

As for Dieppe saying "it wants the project" - they have no say in this matter. Also, I clearly remember when the downtown Dieppe visioning was done several years ago, they clearly indicated they were interested in buildings in the 5-6 storey range, in order to preserve the character of the downtown part of the city. Unless city council over there has recently suffered a stroke, they would have no interest in a 30 storey tower.

I could certainly see Infinity being scaled back due to economic circumstances, but probably to the 20-25 storey range. I remain hopeful however that the project will remain on track for 30 storeys. Construction won't occur until late 2024 or 2025.
Hopefully this link works:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/icon-...member_desktop

Shows a scale model in a wind tunnel posted on the company's LinkedIn account two months ago.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 4:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonPerson View Post
Hopefully this link works:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/icon-...member_desktop

Shows a scale model in a wind tunnel posted on the company's LinkedIn account two months ago.
Sorry, It doesn't work for me. Interesting to hear though. Does the model look like the render? Does it seem to be the same stature (30 storeys)???

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry, It doesn't work for me. Interesting to hear though. Does the model look like the render? Does it seem to be the same stature (30 storeys)???

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 4:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Excellent! The model/render is unchanged.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 5:07 PM

What has always intrigued me ever since this project was announced, is the large vacant lot beside(west) this property. There could be a very nice larger development built to harmonize with the ICON building. That whole area over to the King St. corner could be a real downtown gem.

Interestingly, that solitary house on Harper's Lane has been sold, just this month. Could the wheels be turning behind the scenes? It's prime land, and it would be a shame to see it continue to sit vacant, especially given it's location.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Regarding Dieppe, maybe this isn't the right thread but somewhat on topic - is there any sort of official boundary of where the marsh land is that CF Champlain is on? Of course we won't ever see significant stories in this area but it's interesting that just across Paul St., Horizon Place is 10 stories, so it must not be an issue there. Then there's also Promenade 9 which is seemingly on the marsh and Chateau Moncton right on the river bank. Infinity would I'm guessing be right on the edge of it (assuming Staples/Superstore is)?
PAOL shows wetlands (toggle from satellite to the yellow map option). No problemo here. https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06585391

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 5:08 PM

Quote:
You can see the boundaries of wetlands on GeoNB http://geonb.snb.ca/geonb/

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post

This looks promising

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 5:49 PM

Quote:
From what I understand you’re asking the extent of the original wet land. I believe it went from where the bridge is right now over to Paul street.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
What has always intrigued me ever since this project was announced, is the large vacant lot beside(west) this property. There could be a very nice larger development built to harmonize with the ICON building. That whole area over to the King St. corner could be a real downtown gem.

Interestingly, that solitary house on Harper's Lane has been sold, just this month. Could the wheels be turning behind the scenes? It's prime land, and it would be a shame to see it continue to sit vacant, especially given it's location.
p.s. Paying $332,500 for an older house in that location, that has a tax assessment value of $118,500. Sounds like a developer wanted the land!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
p.s. Paying $332,500 for an older house in that location, that has a tax assessment value of $118,500. Sounds like a developer wanted the land!
House was purchased by Commercial Properties Limited, which now owns the whole block.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 10:28 PM

Quote:
House was purchased by Commercial Properties Limited, which now owns the whole block.
That's Irving. Great.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 11:13 PM

Quote:
They also own the building adjacent to City Hall in downtown Moncton as well as several buildings in Saint John. Even if it is still owned by Irving, at least they have some nice buildings in their portfolio.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riberview View Post
That's Irving. Great.
I don't think Commercial Properties Ltd. construct residential apartment buildings. Who knows what they have planned for this land.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 12:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Irving! They now own the whole block! They overpaid for this last property, so they obviously wanted this land badly.

Now that they own the whole block, this makes the land eminently developable. This is immediately adjacent to the Infinity block. A whole block of land next to what will become the tallest building in the city will certainly lead to some heavy speculation. Could Irving be looking at eventually building something of similar stature here???

I know that Irving has a longstanding reputation of buying land and just sitting on it, but, one hopes that something to complement Infinity might get built within the next 10 years or so.

This is the most intriguing news of the entire week!

I agree with jonny. Irving doesn't really have a history of doing residential developments. I wonder if Irving needs a new office building in Moncton? Something that could anchor a block-large development project.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 1:07 AM

A new update from them: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/icon...s-incorporated

Quote:
"Thank you to the team at Viridis Design Studio Ltd for the conceptual landscape renderings on Icon’s Infinity Tower project in Moncton, NB. #construction #moncton #newbrunswick #icondevmoncton #highrisebuildings #landscape #landscaping #design #networking"

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 1:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Excellent. I just came here to make a similar post, but, it looks like you had access to better images than me.

This looks very promising. The most interesting thing is that it shows a dedicated bike lane on Main Street in front of the Infinity building, but, maintaining the lane count. I wonder if there is a plan to widen the street here???

The render again shows the snazzy turquoise accent lighting on the building facade. This will make so much difference in the appearance of the skyline.........

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 1:35 AM

Looks promising! I really hope they are able to keep the 30 storey plan into fruition.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces