HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 3:08 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Elks just signed Ohio state star JT barrett at QB he is the all time passing td leader in big 10 history.
Must mean he'll be fantastic in the 3-down league.

New blood is always welcome. I hope he learns the ropes and does well.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 3:05 AM

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/30/s...lliams-report/

Stampeders sign Ka’Deem Carey to most expensive American RB contract since Ricky Williams: report

The Calgary Stampeders have broken the bank to re-sign one of their biggest stars, inking running back Ka’Deem Carey to a two-year extension, according to TSN insider Dave Naylor.

Naylor announced the news with the following tweet: “Breaking — Calgary Stampeders sign RB Ka’Deem Carey to a 2-year contract extension, per Carey’s agent, Alex Guminski. Guminski believes deal marks highest annual base salary, average annual value and total contract value for Am RB since Ricky Williams with the Toronto Argonauts in ‘06.”

Carey was a fourth-round, 117th overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft by the Chicago Bears, played in 37 games over three NFL seasons. He made one start, rushing for 443 yards and two touchdowns while making 13 catches for 131 yards and one touchdown.

Since signing with Calgary ahead of the 2019 CFL season, Carey has appeared in 21 games, carrying 239 times for 1,291 yards and nine touchdowns. He has added 63 receptions for 328 yards and another score through the air.

Carey finished the 2021 CFL season second in the league in rushing with 869 yards on 164 carries and seven touchdowns, the best among running backs.

A former fifth overall pick, Ricky Williams spent one season with the Toronto Argonauts in 2006 while suspended from the NFL. He was paid $340,000 for the season, playing in 11 games and rushing for 526 yards before suffering a broken leg.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 3:46 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

I like it.
Go Stamps !

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 5:41 PM
Ham-burgher

Bethel-Thompson staying in Toronto.
https://3downnation.com/2022/01/30/l...r-2022-season/

Here are the remaining potential FA QBs with league experience.
https://3downnation.com/2022/01/31/2...-quarterbacks/

I have a feeling the Ticats will go after Shiltz and try to keep Watford around. Looking more and more like there will be just a bidder or two for Masoli, though I can still see Edmonton offering him a deal. Harris... to BC?

And despite re-signing MBT, Toronto may still be interested in some of those guys.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 3:27 AM
Community Guy

The Edmonton Elks have signed former Ohio State star quarterback J.T. Barrett, it was announced Friday.

Barrett started 44 games for the Buckeyes from 2014 to 2017, winning the Big Ten Conference's Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year award three times (2014, 2016, 2017) and a national championship in 2014.

His best statistical season came as a senior when he threw for 3,053 yards with 35 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions. He added 798 yards on the ground and 12 rushing touchdowns.

Barrett signed with the New Orleans Saints after going undrafted in 2018 and spent the majority of the season on the Saints' practice roster. He also spent time with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Seattle Seahawks and most recently with the Dallas Cowboys in mini camp last year.

https://www.tsn.ca/j-t-barrett-signs...elks-1.1752016

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 2:58 PM

Bombers re-signed RB Johnny Augustine to a 2 year contract extension. He had a staggering 7.1 yards per carry last year. I think this might be the end of Andrew Harris as he's too expensive and old. Johnny is a real quality guy unlike Harris who can be somewhat of a diva and not the greatest person.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Bombers re-signed RB Johnny Augustine to a 2 year contract extension. He had a staggering 7.1 yards per carry last year. I think this might be the end of Andrew Harris as he's too expensive and old. Johnny is a real quality guy unlike Harris who can be somewhat of a diva and not the greatest person.
Maybe 33 is not gregarious like Walby or Westwood but I never heard anything to suggest he is a bad man. And if he's a bit of a diva I'd argue he has earned it

I have to admit I'm sentimentally attached to Harris because of all the good times we've had with him and I would hope he comes back for another year or two before riding off into the sunset as a Bomber. But at the same time I can appreciate that the team has to keep looking to the future and they have two real horses waiting in the wings with Augustine and Oliveira.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Maybe 33 is not gregarious like Walby or Westwood but I never heard anything to suggest he is a bad man. And if he's a bit of a diva I'd argue he has earned it

I have to admit I'm sentimentally attached to Harris because of all the good times we've had with him and I would hope he comes back for another year or two before riding off into the sunset as a Bomber. But at the same time I can appreciate that the team has to keep looking to the future and they have two real horses waiting in the wings with Augustine and Oliveira.
I ve heard rumors around town about harris i won't go into detail but will just say I don't like the guy

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 4:03 PM

Quote:
I ve heard rumors around town about harris i won't go into detail but will just say I don't like the guy
DMs are open

I guess if he is a headache, and a pricy one at that, then that will probably make the team's decision regarding whether to keep him or not that much easier.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 6:56 PM

David Letterman was wearing winnipeg blue bombers toque yesterday before going on NBC late night last night

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 7:15 PM
arf

Quote:
David Letterman was wearing winnipeg blue bombers toque yesterday before going on NBC late night last night
I saw that and thought cool and then thought about a certain gas station attendant/owner in Regina and thought, cool anyway.

Winnipeg is certainly getting a lot of great press these days: Simpsons, Letterman.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 7:48 PM

3downnation reporting no contract talks going on between harris and bombers and Harris is willing to play elsewhere next year. I think he would be a good fit in bc as they need to improve their run game.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 11:28 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I saw that and thought cool and then thought about a certain gas station attendant/owner in Regina and thought, cool anyway.

Winnipeg is certainly getting a lot of great press these days: Simpsons, Letterman.
Okay. Both the Simpsons and Letterman are long past their peak status as celebrities.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 11:31 PM

Quote:
3downnation reporting no contract talks going on between harris and bombers and Harris is willing to play elsewhere next year. I think he would be a good fit in bc as they need to improve their run game.
I'm guessing that at his age whatever deal he signs will likely be his last?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 11:35 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm guessing that at his age whatever deal he signs will likely be his last?
I would think so as a 35 year old back with tons of mileage isn't going to generate a long term deal

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:54 AM

Quote:

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 1:55 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Okay. Both the Simpsons and Letterman are long past their peak status as celebrities.
Maybe. Who else in the CFL has any representation within the last couple of years though?

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:38 PM

Ottawa just signed Masoli good on them they need his help

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 8:58 PM
Community Guy

Matt O'Donnell (our big guy) announced his retirement today. He was a great guy and even let me hold some metal a few years ago.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Hey, Winnipeg and Manitoba was featured in The Simpsons 17 years ago and played a major part in the storyline with regards to cheap pharmaceutical drugs. Then again, Simpsons was past it's peak then. Hmmm, come to think of it, Simpsons has been past its peak status longer than the peak actually lasted...about 22-24 years in fact!

Most prominent Winnipeg episode on TV was probably prime The Office when Michael Scott and a few of the office drones came to Winnipeg for an episode.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada