HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
good luck to you. With your due diligence, hope you get the unit you want. Make sure you buy the parking as well
Parking was supposed to be $30K for a small spot and $35K for a large.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek604 View Post
Got a callback regarding my suite request form submitted last month. Apparently they are starting selling Jun 22; I have to show up a the sales center at Metro for my appointment to see what is available the afternoon of the 22nd. They wouldn't tell me pricing over the phone but apparently starting at about $700/sqft which is what I expected.
3rd floor sold out yesterday. Today selling 4-11 floors. $500K+ at least for 2 beds.

What time are you going in today?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofevil99 View Post
3rd floor sold out yesterday. Today selling 4-11 floors. $500K+ at least for 2 beds.

What time are you going in today?
I was supposed to go at 5:30 yesterday. But my offer was accepted for a condo in downtown Vancouver. I'll be within walking distance to work

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 11:58 PM

Can anyone fill us in on some actual unit prices? How does this compare to Mall and Escala prices?

Im not digging the unit layouts - back to back bedrooms in separate units is less than ideal.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
Im not digging the unit layouts - back to back bedrooms in separate units is less than ideal.
Beats having a bedroom next to your neighboor's (sic) kitchen or living room, replete with sub woofer.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Beats having a bedroom next to your neighboor's (sic) kitchen or living room, replete with sub woofer.
I agree... as much as you might think a lot of noise comes out of bedrooms, it really doesn't.

Loud movies and appliances are far worse.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
Can anyone fill us in on some actual unit prices? How does this compare to Mall and Escala prices?

You can't compare to Escala, that place is next to a graveyard and is priced as the best deal in town at ~$500's per sqft. It's also pretty much sold out. Concord prentwood costs at least 15-20% more.

Small parking: $29,000
Large parking: I never asked
Storage locker: $3000
Strata: I never asked, but friend said it was $0.41/sqft

Early Bird Incentive (until June 30)
$3500 1 bedroom
$5000 2 bedroom
$6000 2 bed + den
$8000 3 bedroom
Free VR headset

4th floor 1 bed: $334,700 (Plan B 508 sqft)
3rd floor 2 bed: $442,900 (Plan D1 731 sqft)

Approximately $4500 increase per floor for 1 bedroom.
I only skimmed the prices, as I had to act quickly to secure a unit on the 4th floor.

Elevator says 5th floor (4 and 13 are skipped), but I heard that is no longer allowed in Vancouver. Burnaby might be different though...

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocWave View Post
Elevator says 5th floor (4 and 13 are skipped), but I heard that is no longer allowed in Vancouver. Burnaby might be different though...
Burnaby doesn't allow floor skipping and hasn't for a while. They actually started this before Vancouver.

There are no skipped floors in these buildings, Levels 1 and 2 are amenity levels, and the residential units start on level 3.

Parking also goes down to P9!! with entrances being on P4 and P1 due to the grade change.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 8:02 AM

Quote:
You can't compare to Escala, that place is next to a graveyard and is priced as the best deal in town at ~$500's per sqft. It's also pretty much sold out. Concord prentwood costs at least 15-20% more.

$3500 1 bedroom
$5000 2 bedroom
$6000 2 bed + den
$8000 3 bedroom
Free VR headset

I only skimmed the prices, as I had to act quickly to secure a unit on the 4th floor.

Which unit did you get on 4th floor and what time did you go? I know someone that got that floor too haha

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 3:11 PM

Quote:

$3500 1 bedroom
$5000 2 bedroom
$6000 2 bed + den
$8000 3 bedroom
Free VR headset

Good to hear that you got something in this crazy market. One- or two-bedroom?

I could only afford a 1-bedroom in Brentwood. Once I heard that at Concord I would be living in a unit that was 535 square feet I said no. Add to that 30,000 for a parking spot and 3,000 storage and it quickly became untenable for me. I purposefully purchased next to the cemetery, on the 18th floor of Escala, so I would have a protected view cone and some quiet. The 660 sq feet of living space was also nice. Lastly, hearing the skytrain coming every five minutes when I have my window open did not sound like fun, nor did the traffic on Lougheed. I need some serenity.

Last edited by sburnaby33; Jun 30, 2016 at 2:19 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 4:53 PM

Skytrain is a noisy thing to have next door. I had yesterday someone on the 38th (real) floor complain the noise to me on elevator. Fortunately we cannot hear it at all on the 46th floor, mainly since we are facing the other direction. But yeah, prepare to listening to it constantly if you are on lower floors and directly facing it.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 10:25 PM

I walked by the sales office at Sears Metrotown and there was a sign saying it will 'reopen' after July 2. I presume the reopen bit is about a previous office being closed as I don't remember this one ever being open.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 7:19 PM

Did they open this up to public sale yet?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 7:24 PM

The sign says "by appointment only" so you can't just wander in.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Skytrain is a noisy thing to have next door. I had yesterday someone on the 38th (real) floor complain the noise to me on elevator. Fortunately we cannot hear it at all on the 46th floor, mainly since we are facing the other direction. But yeah, prepare to listening to it constantly if you are on lower floors and directly facing it.
Another reason to build taller buildings.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 11:45 PM
retro_orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblawsLawBlog View Post
Another reason to build taller buildings.
I think they should design an inexpensive sound buffer that can be installed along any sections of the skytrain guideway where complaints are common.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2016, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
I think they should design an inexpensive sound buffer that can be installed along any sections of the skytrain guideway where complaints are common.
I hope you mean the developers can pay for a buffer. We all know how much money TransLink doesn't have to play with, plus once these buffers start going up, people are going to want the whole line enclosed - who's going to pay for that...

Old Posted Jul 16, 2016, 6:25 PM

Or buffer windows?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2016, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Through the windows or outside?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2016, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The sign says "by appointment only" so you can't just wander in.
I think they are only open to the public on weekends for now. I asked about pricing and if they are for sale to the public and they told me that they are still sifting through all the VIPs deposits that they received. I was told that they had deposits from over 1000 VIPs.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley