HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I didn't realize the price points for the Horizon Place rentals was so expensive. Cheapest rent is $970. When I look at the building I love the size but it doesn't scream premium pricing to me. I'm guessing there's some good size to some of these units. Interested to see how quickly they fill.

http://sira.ca/images/D18-152_carton_price_list.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
Floor plans are here: http://sira.ca/images/D17-361_Sira_b...aceHorizon.pdf

The cheapest are 730 sq ft (1 bed). All the way up to 2,330 sq ft (3 beds), which is huge.
Not counting the 2 units priced at N/A 318 is listed at lower then that at 900$ But will say for a 730 sq ft apartment unless Utillities are all in I don't see it renting at 900$.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I didn't realize the price points for the Horizon Place rentals was so expensive. Cheapest rent is $970. When I look at the building I love the size but it doesn't scream premium pricing to me. I'm guessing there's some good size to some of these units. Interested to see how quickly they fill.

http://sira.ca/images/D18-152_carton_price_list.pdf
Here in Regina for the condo I am renting here which is a 2 bed two bath furnished all inclusive all utilities including Cable, and internet I am paying 1500 a month. In the greater Moncton area the premium style appartments are starting to pop up and IF i relocate back to Moncton there are a few great options available.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 2:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction is to begin tomorrow on a new $3M roundabout to connect Rue du College, Gauvin Road and Alain Gillette in Dieppe.

Rue du College of course will extend to the north across Champlain Street (signalized), and will provide a new way to cross the (busy) Champlain Street and access the CCNB and the (soon to be built) Intergenerational Community Centre.

final configuration:

new community centre

This will be a huge change for this neighbourhood bordering on Dieppe's downtown.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Construction is to begin tomorrow on a new $3M roundabout to connect Rue du College, Gauvin Road and Alain Gillette in Dieppe.
I hope they finish the project and connect the roundabout to Alain-Gillette this year. Seems like this project is progressing a few meters per year.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I hope they finish the project and connect the roundabout to Alain-Gillette this year. Seems like this project is progressing a few meters per year.
Keep in mind that the city was having a hard time with people who's familly homes where in the area of this extention, and they made it clear they where not happy by trying to stop this project at every oportunity.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 9:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently this small office building is planned for 328 Champlain Street, not too far from the Rue du College extension (where the new roundabout is planned with Gauvin).

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 11:08 PM

I love the modern looks to all the new developments in the Downtown Dieppe area

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I love the modern looks to all the new developments in the Downtown Dieppe area
So do I. It's sooooooo much better than Moncton.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 3:53 AM

Well Moncton is getting it’s fair share of modern developments, Dieppe has just don’t a very good job as of late and I’m happy with that.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 10:07 AM

Free Public Transportation says the Mayor

It Seems the Mayor of Dieppe would like free transit in the city Considering Codiac Transpo is considered to be Moncton's Public Transit provider, and is under paid contract to serve Riverview, and Dieppe. Is the mayor calling for Transit to be free across all 3 cities, Just Dieppe, or planing to launch Dieppe's own private public transportation, and scrap having codiac Transpo serve any part of Dieppe?

If it's the latter It would be hell If they don't allow Codiac Transpo to even enter Dieppe but I personally doubt that if they would set up there own public transportation they would disalow the Blue line, and Red line from stopping at CF Champlain.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post

If it's the latter It would be hell If they don't allow Codiac Transpo to even enter Dieppe but I personally doubt that if they would set up there own public transportation they would disalow the Blue line, and Red line from stopping at CF Champlain.
Can't see this being legal. It would be like banning taxi cabs from crossing city lines. And who would enforce the bi-law? Dieppe's own police force, which they don't have!

One good idea for Dieppe would be to have 2-3 buses (free rides) run in circle of Champlain st, Dieppe blvd, Chartersville rd, Acadie ave with pit stops at Champlain mall.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:15 PM

I believe provincial laws prevent Transit corporations from operating outside of their municipality. Clearly Moncton (and Saint John) transit have exceptions/alternate arrangements to let them serve their greater regions. The devil of course is in the details; if Dieppe wanted to change transit services that way, I'm sure there's a lot of gotchas and traps to work through before it would happen. Likely it would involve rearranging Codiac Transit routes to either be entirely within or entirely without Dieppe (maybe with a few border exceptions going to Champlain Place), as well as reworking the deal with Moncton for transit services.

Is there an election coming up? I could see the Mayor doing this to make it an election issue and/or to make the Moncton and Riverview Mayors take a position on the issue as well.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
I believe provincial laws prevent Transit corporations from operating outside of their municipality. Clearly Moncton (and Saint John) transit have exceptions/alternate arrangements to let them serve their greater regions. The devil of course is in the details; if Dieppe wanted to change transit services that way, I'm sure there's a lot of gotchas and traps to work through before it would happen. Likely it would involve rearranging Codiac Transit routes to either be entirely within or entirely without Dieppe (maybe with a few border exceptions going to Champlain Place), as well as reworking the deal with Moncton for transit services.

Is there an election coming up? I could see the Mayor doing this to make it an election issue and/or to make the Moncton and Riverview Mayors take a position on the issue as well.
Next elextions are: May 11, 2020 so not an election issue.

I wonder if this is not conected to the slow expanssion of Dieppe, and that Posibly Dieppe city council where throwing out strategies to make the city more inviting for potential new comers to Greater Moncton. I do see it having some advanteges if you have a bus that is easily accesible from anywhere (Within a 10 Minute walk, or less), and you advertise your city as the place to live, work, and play. Along side with free transit.

I was trying to figure out where I had seen someone try a similar move, and it was a while back during provincial elections, some kid who was "in the running" had stated that he was runing on the platform of Fully free Public education in all levels, and a push for all Municipalities to have free, and accesible public transit. It din't go over so well as the Federal government took over all provincial colleges

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:39 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Next elextions are: May 11, 2020 so not an election issue.

I wonder if this is not conected to the slow expanssion of Dieppe, and that Posibly Dieppe city council where throwing out strategies to make the city more inviting for potential new comers to Greater Moncton. I do see it having some advanteges if you have a bus that is easily accesible from anywhere (Within a 10 Minute walk, or less), and you advertise your city as the place to live, work, and play. Along side with free transit.s
Slow expansion of Dieppe? Dieppe has been the fastest growing part of the city for years.

Looking at Codiac's map, I'd say they actually have decent coverage. I can't comment on frequency though, as that's always an area for improvement.

Two areas I'd like to see expanded upon though are routes that don't force a transfer at Champlain. You can't get anywhere in Moncton or Riverview from Dieppe without a transfer at the mall.

Secondly, better access in the industrial park and especially the airport. I see people literally every day walking toward the airport terminal and I assume a good number have to because the closest bus stops on Adelard Savoie. This problem is compounded by the lack of sidewalks or walking trails anywhere other than Dieppe Blvd.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 5:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I think everyone agrees that Codiac Transpo has a lot of work to do regarding their route structure in all three metro communities.

This is one of the reasons why everyone is so dubious about taking the bus to the events centre.

BTW, when did Mayor LaPierre ever say he wanted to remove fares from busses in Dieppe????

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
BTW, when did Mayor LaPierre ever say he wanted to remove fares from busses in Dieppe????
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...ory/100619865/

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 7:42 PM

Dieppe owns its own buses which are operated by Codiac Transpo.
If they want to run their own free bus service, all they have to do is snap their fingers and do it.
It's not an election gimmick and it wouldn't be crazy expensive. Plus, they would save the money that taxpayers annually contribute to Codiac Transpo at budget time.
I would imagine, however, that once a Dieppe rider transfers to a Moncton or Riverview bus, they'd have to cough up the fare.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 12:58 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, we may not know yet who has the naming rights for the new events centre in Moncton, but we do know who has the naming rights for the new multigenerational community centre in Dieppe.

UNI (formerly Caisse Populaire Acadienne) has purchased the naming rights for the centre for a cool million dollars.

If Dieppe can get $1M from UNI for their new recreational complex, I wonder how much naming rights for the events centre will be...........

If it's anything less than $2.5-3M, I will be greatly disappointed........

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 9:49 AM

They seem to have their shit together on this project, doing better at raising money from the community than Moncton has done for their events centre, so far, despite Moncton hiring a professional fundraiser who gets part of the money raised.

Last edited by L'homard; Jun 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:06 PM

Both centre seems to have different process for naming rights.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...name-1.4705668

Judging by this article, Dieppe decided that UNI should name their centre since they made a donation of 1 million dollar, and it looks like the name will be set for life.

Moncton are looking for a company that will pay each year (usually 10-20 years) in exchange they will name the Downtown Centre.

ScotiaBank are paying 600k/year for 10 years in Halifax (plus they help with the 5 millions dollars upgrade happening right now).

Im guessing that the City is looking for maybe 7-800k/year.

But with less than 3 months until the Centre opens, either they cant seem to find someone willing to pay that price, or maybe they are waiting to unveil it when they announce the opening event.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces