HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 11:24 PM

Speaking of the 6th street bridge, 670 Mesquit released their FEIR. The comments by the transportation agencies were surprisingly open and even favorable to the large deck over the railroad tracks. One of the most exciting projects ever proposed for downtown is progressing.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 1:38 AM

That’s great for that area. So many people with money are moving to live and play in that area.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Speaking of the 6th street bridge, 670 Mesquit released their FEIR. The comments by the transportation agencies were surprisingly open and even favorable to the large deck over the railroad tracks. One of the most exciting projects ever proposed for downtown is progressing.
I had to look it up on Urbanize Los Angeles--it will be 944,000 sq. ft. of offices, a 236-room hotel, 308 residential units, 136,000 sq. ft. of retail (including a food hall and a grocery store), 90,000 sq. ft. of restaurant space, 93,000 sq. ft. of gallery/event space
and a potential museum, a 62,000-sq. ft. gym, and parking for 3,500 vehicles. Two of the towers would rise to 378 ft.

And it looks awesome!

Build it!!!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:23 AM

That will look so cool riding/driving across the 6th St. bridge! Build it!!!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:14 AM

That's a lot of office space. I hope they swap at least one of the bldgs for condos/apts.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
That's a lot of office space. I hope they swap at least one of the bldgs for condos/apts.
My guess is that they see this as being perhaps the premier office space in LA and are looking to attract a tenant that wants this to be their landmark property. And I mean "landmark" both figuratively and literally. It's going to be in tons of movies and commercials both for its location next to the bridge and for its transformational deck overlooking the River.

I have no idea if that's feasible, but I admire their ambition.

Oh and the future B/D line station will be adjacent to this property giving it great access to much of LA.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 6:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
Quote:
My guess is that they see this as being perhaps the premier office space in LA and are looking to attract a tenant that wants this to be their landmark property. And I mean "landmark" both figuratively and literally. It's going to be in tons of movies and commercials both for its location next to the bridge and for its transformational deck overlooking the River.

I have no idea if that's feasible, but I admire their ambition.

Oh and the future B/D line station will be adjacent to this property giving it great access to much of LA.
That kind of office space in that kind of mixed-use development might just attract a different kind of tenant to greater downtown--tech.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
That kind of office space in that kind of mixed-use development might just attract a different kind of tenant to greater downtown--tech.
I agree, but I don't know who that would be. Tech/entertainment/media makes the most sense to me, especially with two new studios happening just across the river and another just south at the current LA Times printing facility. With Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Sony, Discovery, Google and Disney all established in other areas...what else is left? Maybe Comcast or Charter?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
Looks like it’s now 400 plus residential and a charter elementary school. And retail of course.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Looks like it’s now 400 plus residential and a charter elementary school. And retail of course.
The school is a nice addition. It's still primarily office, with the amount of office space increasing slightly to 1 million square feet.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 8:16 PM

This project is going to be a game changer for the Arts District. Hopefully it will bring further attention and energy to LA River restoration efforts, too.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 9:56 PM

Quote:
The school is a nice addition. It's still primarily office, with the amount of office space increasing slightly to 1 million square feet.
Yeah... it's hard to imagine construction financing being available right now for 1 million square feet of new office space... with no significant pre-leasing activity.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 11:07 PM
SUSPENDED

^ After being burned by Equity Residential's apt tower proposed for the NE corner of 4th St & Hill, which ended up cancelled....and the owner not even bothering to act on their demolition permit....I'm in a: 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me' frame of mind.

meanwhile, billions of dollars have been or are being invested in parts of dtla & LA in general. So if the economy, culture & governance don't improve, LA is in for a bumpy ride....

The ppl replying to this post at the Dtla townsquare facebook account have their feet on the ground & eyes all around. In comparison, I admit to being in dt far less frequently than they are, so I don't have as much direct experience as they do...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DTLATownSquare/posts/2444638029027274/

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Yeah... it's hard to imagine construction financing being available right now for 1 million square feet of new office space... with no significant pre-leasing activity.
Good point. It's so hard to imagine that it's hard to imagine even proposing something so elaborate without a major tenant lined up. And with all the usual suspects committed elsewhere, it's fascinating to consider who it might be. Disney is doing a lot with Hulu and with Marvel, so maybe one of those could be based at this building and produce content in one of the three future nearby soundstage lots.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 6:34 AM
SUSPENDED

If the oceanwide proj...& its led screens...had been completed, & work were now underway on the apt tower formerly proposed for the large parking lot south of Grand Central mkt, I'd be a lot happier...

Video Link

Cities throughout the US & world are all upping their game, as everyone is in it to win it.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 5:04 PM

Hill street is blocked between Olympic and Pico. There's a large mobile boom crane on Hill next to the Onni site, but no tower crane yet.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Hill street is blocked between Olympic and Pico. There's a large mobile boom crane on Hill next to the Onni site, but no tower crane yet.
I just walked by there…I was going to say all the trucks say Mr. Crane.

Last edited by scania; Nov 12, 2022 at 7:16 PM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
I just walked by there…I was going to say all the trucks said Mr. Crane.
Lol. That's a good sign.

The crane is going up right now. So far it's just the initial piece. I wonder if the cement has to cure before they erect the remainder? I'm not familiar with how it works. I guess that we'll see.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 6:56 PM

Not sure if it was ever established what is going here, just south of Metropolis and north of the Courtyard Inn Marriott, but they do appear to be digging down.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 7:15 PM

Very interesting!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations