HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
I'm looking at the plans. It's 352 ft 8 inches tall. I don't have time to count the number of stories.

The base is very traditional, in keeping with Fairlie-Poplar. Scale and materials are similar to 123 Luckie. Above that, the design shifts to a more contemporary glass and wall panel system.

The building is super dense, probably the densest thing built in Atlanta in decades. It covers almost the entire lot for the full 350 feet. I'd image the FAR is close to 30.
Thanks! Regardless of the height, it sounds like a GREAT project.  Infill in Fairlie-Poplar has always been one of the things I would most like to see in the city.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Bezoria closed on 31 Dec, signaling 903 Peachtree moving forward.
Sweet deal! Will be a wild year or two if this, Toll bro’s 2 projects, and another office tower breaks ground in Midtown. With NS & MU bookending development and 1105 WP anchoring in the middle, we’re in for another significant enhancement for the neighborhood. There’s a lot more on the docket, but even just a few more will really expand the cohesiveness and walkability.

Hopefully we see the new protected LIT lanes start making progress in midtown this year, too. And not just the decade planned juniper project

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Sweet deal! Will be a wild year or two if this, Toll bro’s 2 projects, and another office tower breaks ground in Midtown. With NS & MU bookending development and 1105 WP anchoring in the middle, we’re in for another significant enhancement for the neighborhood. There’s a lot more on the docket, but even just a few more will really expand the cohesiveness and walkability.

Hopefully we see the new protected LIT lanes start making progress in midtown this year, too. And not just the decade planned juniper project
Yeah. If 903, the two Toll brothers projects and the project at 14th and Spring break ground in the next 6 months we should have about 30 cranes in the Midtown skyline at once.

Last edited by jpk1292000; Jan 4, 2020 at 3:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 4:44 AM

It’s so exciting to see all of this development in Midtown: traditional for-rent and for-purchase residential, student focused highrise residential, office, retail, multiple hotels. So much happening between Piedmont & Williams / Downtown Connector at North & South ends. Cranes everywhere with more to come. Thousands more residents and workers. But, Midtown will never be a truly inviting, walkable district unless and until W. P’tree and Spring are converted to two-way traffic. I was in town this week and did the zigzag north-south drive through Midtown. Stretches of those two streets are like highways with the 4 lanes of one-way traffic. I can’t understand why the City isn’t pushing to make this happen. It will slow traffic down and make it more attractive for pedestrians. Seems it would help retailers chances of success, too. I know it’s been kicked around before, but I don’t remember why it died. Anyone able to provide a refresher?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 6:03 AM

Quote:
I'm looking at the plans. It's 352 ft 8 inches tall. I don't have time to count the number of stories.

The base is very traditional, in keeping with Fairlie-Poplar. Scale and materials are similar to 123 Luckie. Above that, the design shifts to a more contemporary glass and wall panel system.

The building is super dense, probably the densest thing built in Atlanta in decades. It covers almost the entire lot for the full 350 feet. I'd image the FAR is close to 30.
Thanks for the inside scoop. I live in the Healey Building and will have a view of the upper portion of the building, so I guess it will be glass from my angle. I am glad to hear it will be that tall, and that dense. I hope between this, Ascent Downtown, the recently completed POST Centennial and nearby 12 floor apartments under construction, along with the renovation and possible new construction at the Southern Railroad building downtown starts to become a place more and more people seek out to live. We love it here and it just gets better and better every year. I think all of these new residents will go a long way to further enlivening the neighborhood(s)

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Thanks! Regardless of the height, it sounds like a GREAT project.  Infill in Fairlie-Poplar has always been one of the things I would most like to see in the city.
One of the top on my list as well, but, and no offense to Midtown's incredible development, I want to see top notch architecture in Fairlie-Poplar. I'd rather wait a few more years than have 3-5 Margaritaville towers in the neighborhood. I personally would enjoy seeing some very tall, limestone clad towers, in the vein of the R.A.M. Stern towers like the Four Seasons in FiDi, 220 CPS, and the Atlanta Waldorf-Astoria. I am sure it will be plenty glassy as well, but all of that is in keeping with the surrounding neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 1:30 PM

Looks like the webcam for 1105 is no longer available. Hopefully it's temporary.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post
I think all of these new residents will go a long way to further enlivening the neighborhood(s)
I agree. The more development that comes to downtown, the stronger it will be and will have a rising tide affect on all surrounding neighborhoods. Midtown progress is great and I love that there is such a public and accessible park with it, but nothing will compare to a populous and lively downtown.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 4:20 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Looks like the webcam for 1105 is no longer available. Hopefully it's temporary.
It’s working.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 4:33 PM

Quote:
I agree. The more development that comes to downtown, the stronger it will be and will have a rising tide affect on all surrounding neighborhoods. Midtown progress is great and I love that there is such a public and accessible park with it, but nothing will compare to a populous and lively downtown.
So true...I’ve been saying this for years.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Modera Reynoldstown is topped out. Photo from the new condos along Memorial:
While the front side has been topped out for a while, they just recently started a structure on the backside. Looks like even more apartments.

The condos right there have a few active residents and while the townhomes are still being finished up, one of them already has a resident.

Last edited by nab911; Jan 6, 2020 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 8:26 PM

When is the next Midtown DRC meeting?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 8:26 PM

Construction fencing up at 14th and Spring!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 8:48 PM

Quote:

It's being built on just the current parking lot, right? Not also the old parking deck behind it?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
Looks like site work has begun, can’t wait to see this one go up

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlvis View Post
Looks like site work has begun, can’t wait to see this one go up
There will be 30 cranes up in Midtown by May.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
When is the next Midtown DRC meeting?
Second Tuesday of every month, unless there’s no agenda or rescheduled likely due to holiday.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
It's being built on just the current parking lot, right? Not also the old parking deck behind it?
I believe just the surface parking lot.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Great! One of the most anticipated midtown projects for me. I think this will make for great infill.

Also there was a massive pour at the NS site yesterday morning. Had to have been 12 concrete trucks blocking the entire left lane of West Peachtree along that block.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 2:48 PM

Any updates on Signia Hilton project

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations