HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 11:49 AM

Thanks Guys, Very much appreciate that I'm not the only one who enjoys the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreedah View Post
I love the pictures as i do not live in SLC right now. But that's just one man's opinion.
I'm of the same opinion Mattreedah. Not being there first-hand makes one especially appreciative of any updates. Admittedly, some of the photos might not be the most interesting from everyone's perspective. I think it often depends on a person's occupation or even their hobbies. It's hard to know what might float someone's boat.

Anyway, I think the occasional string of five or six photos is not intrusive to the forum. The only reason I had posted more than a couple of photos from the Compilation Thread was that it had been a couple of days since anyone had posted anything. That's kind of frustrating for some of us development nerds given the number of projects under construction.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 20, 2022 at 12:10 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 6:11 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
Delts, PLEASE keep posting all of your pics. Speaking only for myself, as an x-Salt Laker, they are my fix! I can easily scroll through what i dont want to see. Problem solved!
Good lord please give this forum an update. Please sweet baby Jesus. The ability to post photos directly would be its emergence into 2001. That's all I want. I'll even deal with ads. So many pics I would post if it didn't take hours. Kudos to those that do take the time though! You are all surely better people than I.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 11:45 PM
Ironweed

Groundwork prep starting to occur at the old Road Home site. Earth moving equipment dirt, etc.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 12:53 AM
Verticle

I think that baby jesus would also like to see a great many pictures of development happening in SLC.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 2:21 AM

Guys I'm not asking him to stop posting photos of construction progress. But Delts goes a little overboard with every little construction photo. We don't need to see stuff like this for every project...(see below) No other forum shows all this. A photo or two of the construction, but not all of this. That's all I'm asking. Just take the time to not post every construction photo from some construction company's website.

I get tired of scrolling through tons of photos like this for every project, even the most insignificant ones that he posts on the Compilation Thread. It's kind of embarrassing, when you take up a huge post in the Compilation Thread of a small project, but post photo after photo with all of the rebar, and electrical, and stud work. Check out all some of the other compilation threads of other cities.

I appreciate Delts efforts keeping the Compilation Thread going and his contributions to the SLC forums, but I'm just asking him to do a little more editing.

Last edited by Orlando; Mar 21, 2022 at 2:33 AM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 3:57 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I love this forum and this thread specifically. I literally just created a profile just to say Delts please keep posting any and all photos you have. That’s the best part. And it’s much better to air on the side of more content not less. For those that think it’s uninteresting they can scroll past. And those of us who just love and any all updates we don’t miss any. Thanks for everything you do, love this thread!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 6:05 AM

There's no reason not to post all of the pictures so people can see. If there are a lot, just put them behind a reveal button so it becomes optional.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 1:00 PM

Really? You guys want to see every metal stud and rebar and electrical cable construction photo? Okay man. I don't get it. No other forum does this absurdly amount of mundaneness for EVERY little project. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks it's too much.

This post right here is exactly what I'm talking about... Delts just do a little editing! My gosh, it's like 10 photos of rebar.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...postcount=7543

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 2:07 PM

Orlando, do you notice how in those four photos you just posted, three of them give more context about the building's surroundings, location, and how it fits in with the rest of the neighborhood? These details are fun to see. Especially for people who don't visit these neighborhoods often.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 2:17 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Guys I'm not asking him to stop posting photos of construction progress. But Delts goes a little overboard with every little construction photo. We don't need to see stuff like this for every project...(see below) No other forum shows all this. A photo or two of the construction, but not all of this. That's all I'm asking. Just take the time to not post every construction photo from some construction company's website.

I get tired of scrolling through tons of photos like this for every project, even the most insignificant ones that he posts on the Compilation Thread. It's kind of embarrassing, when you take up a huge post in the Compilation Thread of a small project, but post photo after photo with all of the rebar, and electrical, and stud work. Check out all some of the other compilation threads of other cities.

I appreciate Delts efforts keeping the Compilation Thread going and his contributions to the SLC forums, but I'm just asking him to do a little more editing.
I love these types of pictures. Interior pics are some of the best. SLC Airport occasionally posts interior pictures of updated progress on the new airport, and I love'em.

So again, I'm going to disagree with you here. Delts, please keep posting these.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 2:18 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Really? You guys want to see every metal stud and rebar and electrical cable construction photo? Okay man. I don't get it. No other forum does this absurdly amount of mundaneness for EVERY little project. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks it's too much.

This post right here is exactly what I'm talking about... Delts just do a little editing! My gosh, it's like 10 photos of rebar.
That's literally one of the only reasons I come here. I typically skip past most of the talking posts. It's mostly opinion, anyway. If I see ANY kind of picture, I perk up and can't wait to analyze it.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 3:19 PM

Well said juancrocco. I have been lurking on this thread pretty much daily since before the city creek center even began, back when future mayor and urban boy (later plaid shirts) ruled the thread. I could care less about most of what is said on this thread as it is far too often someone complaining about something useless, as in this case.

I want all of the pictures! We used to beg for new posts with pictures, and now we are complaining? Unbelievable! I remember urban boy would post pictures that looked like he had drawn on a napkin, but you know what no one ever complained, and you know why because they were on topic and construction related.

How angry must you be to complain about construction pictures on a site that promotes construction?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 3:24 PM
Space Magi

BSL has some excellent construction photos in their article today. Check out the article to see them all but here are my favorites:

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 3:52 PM

Thank you Atlas! I've been wanting to see updates on those exact projects.

Annnnd to be honest, I'm kind of glad Orlando is complaining. I would have not understood nearly as well how almost all of you enjoy the pics. I know I am so stoked when I see Atlas, Blah_Amazing, Reeder, or many of your names on the Thread heading. I immediately wonder if there are updated photos of some of my favorite projects. The comments like Makids and others can also be very interesting and informative also. I love all of your pics, and really appreciate the effort that so many of you locals, BSL, and local contractors and crews like Kier make in taking them.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 5:23 PM

I for one love seeing all the progress photos. Please post even more. If the rest of us can scroll past the more mundane or insignificant discussions/arguments in order to see interesting pictures of construction progress and area context, then others can also just as easily scroll past the pictures they don't want to see.

It's not terribly difficult to scroll past and no one on a public forum should ever need to tailor their posting interests, content, or pictures to specific people's preferences. That's why its a public forum! Woot woot! Are we free to verbalize discontent with how someone posts? Yes. Are we equally free to ignore that verbalization by not changing? Yes...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 5:40 PM
Space Magi

I think both sides of this conversation have merit. It can be annoying to scroll past huge amounts of pictures, especially if people are quoting those posts. This is the discussion/news thread not the compilation thread, after all. Delts does a fantastic job keeping things updated there.

On the other hand, I always like seeing new and interesting photos of our unique city. When I post here, I try to use an image size that isn't too big or too small for the forum (e.g. imgur's "h" tag). I also sometimes use the spoiler tags to hide extra photos or photos that I don't think are as visually appealing.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 7:09 PM
Ironweed

Any ideas on how to get the Bamburger clown to sell his lots?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 7:22 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
It can be annoying to scroll past huge amounts of pictures, especially if people are quoting those posts.
I agree with the "quoting pictures" part, and I've been trying to do better at that, personally.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthepics View Post
Well said juancrocco. I have been lurking on this thread pretty much daily since before the city creek center even began, back when future mayor and urban boy (later plaid shirts) ruled the thread. I could care less about most of what is said on this thread as it is far too often someone complaining about something useless, as in this case.

I want all of the pictures! We used to beg for new posts with pictures, and now we are complaining? Unbelievable! I remember urban boy would post pictures that looked like he had drawn on a napkin, but you know what no one ever complained, and you know why because they were on topic and construction related.

How angry must you be to complain about construction pictures on a site that promotes construction?

You waited all these years to finally post something, and you labeled yourself 'Allthepics' based on the topic at hand?

I'm not angry. Just annoyed. Like I said, no other forum shows this overkill of construction junk.

Btw, I think this is the right amount of construction photos per project:
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...and-the-street

Last edited by Orlando; Mar 21, 2022 at 7:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 8:16 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
You waited all these years to finally post something, and you labeled yourself 'Allthepics' based on the topic at hand?

I'm not angry. Just annoyed. Like I said, no other forum shows this overkill of construction junk.

Btw, I think this is the right amount of construction photos per project:
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...and-the-street
Perfect. Whenever you post photo updates, do exactly that many per project. I'm sure no one here will complain.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West