HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Sadly, the block button doesn't even work good enough.
I always see very brief comments or short opinions posted under a lot of youtube vids, sometimes one of over 200, 500, 1,000, 10,000 posts. I always wonder why ppl bother to post them. Do they expect the account holder of the video to read them, a lot of other visitors watching the same vid to read them, or try to strike up some type of discussion with ppl clicking on the same vid on that same platform? btw, very little two way postings ever occur, where ppl are talking directly to one another...it's mainly one way comments only.

Personally, at ssp I try to post more than brief comments or short opinions. If they're long winded or boring, you can do what I do with posts that are mainly brief comments or short opinions: I just scroll by them. I also don't complain about them either. I guess I wouldn't make a good candidate for managing a homeowners association.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citywatch View Post
I always see very brief comments or short opinions posted under a lot of youtube vids, sometimes one of over 200, 500, 1,000, 10,000 posts. I always wonder why ppl bother to post them. Do they expect the account holder of the video to read them, a lot of other visitors watching the same vid to read them, or try to strike up some type of discussion with ppl clicking on the same vid on that same platform? btw, very little two way postings ever occur, where ppl are talking directly to one another...it's mainly one way comments only.

Personally, at ssp I try to post more than brief comments or short opinions. If they're long winded or boring, you can do what I do with posts that are mainly brief comments or short opinions: I just scroll by them. I also don't complain about them either. I guess I wouldn't make a good candidate for managing a homeowners association.
That would mean you have a job. Ha

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 1:27 PM

Quote:
I trust you didn't bother to watch the vid posted to youtube & linked above about the latest on MTA projs and its rail plans. If you did, you'd have seen the segment about homeowners in Bel air fighting attempts to dig a tunnel under the sepulveda pass. One of them runs the Bel Air homeowner's assoc & his claims and nitpicking would, by comparison, make even the head of the AIDS foundation, notorious for his nimbyism, feel embarrassed. The guy in bel air is threatening to litigate until the MTA gives up.

btw, dtla & its hotels, office towers & other things sure will be helped if ppl living north of the sepulveda pass can get south of the sepulveda pass, shoot through wilshire blvd & end up in areas like the new rail station going up west of the broad museum. You do understand that, right?

Incidentally, I just watched a news report of a woman who stopped briefly at a 7-11 across from the convention ctr, in a ground floor store in one of the newer apt bldgs on Fig, saw her car get jacked, apparently with her child still sitting in it. That just occurred today.

Whether ppl in the nitpicky, bellyaching bel air homeowners association...who troll & harness the pro transit crowd....or hard core types stealing cars, they all share the common thread of being the reason for the saying, 'this is why we can't have nice things'.
I’m sure most of us don’t watch your vids. It’s truly sad you seemingly spend 18 to 22 hours a day researching things you feel are negative to where you can’t comprehend the big picture of anything. I was thinking you must have a miserable life. But now I wonder that maybe you’re stuck at home 24 hours a day due to some unfortunate reason. That would make more sense and I’m sorry for whatever happened to you. I won’t respond directly back to you anymore.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 2:43 PM

^ Very strange. I'm into posting vids, photos or news reports that make dtla look good. I like sspers similar to pwright....you did see his recent images of the new grand ave proj, correct? In fact...even though I'm not into posting short comments or brief opinions, I admit I gave a brief reply about his pics.

I recently posted a vid of a person who reviewed some of the new hotels on the east side of dt. He gave them high marks. You could have commented on them....instead you choose to post about me & what I'm posting. How come?

You could have commented about the vid regarding the head of the Bel Air homeowners assoc who's threatening to tie up the MTA in court so they can't extend the subway to the valley. You do know a major reason that extending the train down Wilshire blvd...west of Vermont....was because of similar legal challenges placed before the MTA? So alot to talk about there....& dtla...& things like devlpt of new bldgs....is very much affected by transit.

there are a lot of things you can write about...regarding dt....in this forum on dtla. If I don't have trouble finding things that relate to dtla....& which I believe give a better sense of that part of LA....no reason you can't either.

for instance, instead of posting about me, you could have posted something like this...

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 3:22 PM

^ I meant to say the reason why there has been such a delay in making the subway go further west on Wilshire is because of this....this is from 2007...15 yrs ago.

Quote:
Today's LA City Beat's LA Sniper column focuses aim on 30th District Congressman Henry Waxman who led the banning of subway construction under Wilshire Blvd. in the mid 1980s.

Could you imagine what LA would be like today? A Los Angeles with a subway down the god friggin' most congested city street in America?

Yes, to his credit, Waxman did lift the ban earlier this summer. So now we can start what was supposed to be done 20 years ago

15 yrs later, can you imagine what transit would be like in LA...& serving dtla....if what was going on in 2007 had been corrected...or didn't need correcting to begin with? In 2022, the Bel Air homeowners assoc....certainly the guy in charge of it....actually did say that one of the reasons he's opposed to extending the subway to the valley....& beyond westwood....is because.....angelenos don't like being in tunnels. I believe he's also raising a stink about the idea of even building a station near UCLA.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 6:49 PM

Quote:
there are a lot of things you can write about...regarding dt....in this forum on dtla. If I don't have trouble finding things that relate to dtla....& which I believe give a better sense of that part of LA....no reason you can't either.
I don't believe I've ever come across someone who has misread the room so badly. People come to this forum for development updates. No one is looking to get a "better sense of LA".. We know what LA is, and what it has to offer. I believe you are the only person here who seems to know everything about LA, yet nothing at all. Weird, right?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 9:05 PM

Lightbulb Push the Button

^^^ Hit the ignore/block button. You'll feel better. You won't see their posts anymore. Sadly, they can still respond to your posts, and you'll still see their quoted posts by other people. Just ignore all the quoted posts as you scroll. Between the constant city comparisons, off topic/different city posts (why is there a video of a tiktoker upset about NY in the LA THREAD????), a 100% lack of any knowledge of any topic they post about and repeting themselves for the 100th thousandth time....... Trust me.....push the button. You'll feel better .

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 9:55 PM

In relevant news to the thread

Onni's Olympic + Hill is now a massive hole in the ground. They are making serious progress on a daily basis.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
^^^ Hit the ignore/block button. You'll feel better. You won't see their posts anymore. Sadly, they can still respond to your posts, and you'll still see their quoted posts by other people. Just ignore all the quoted posts as you scroll. Between the constant city comparisons, off topic/different city posts (why is there a video of a tiktoker upset about NY in the LA THREAD????), a 100% lack of any knowledge of any topic they post about and repeting themselves for the 100th thousandth time....... Trust me.....push the button. You'll feel better .
Where’s that button? I can’t find that button.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 10:16 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Where’s that button? I can’t find that button.
Click on username link -> View Public Profile -> User Lists -> Add to Ignore List

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 11:08 PM
them bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAisthePlace View Post

Onni's Olympic + Hill is now a massive hole in the ground. They are making serious progress on a daily basis.
It's going to really bulk up that side of the skyline. Looking forward to see this thing get vertical.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Click on username link -> View Public Profile -> User Lists -> Add to Ignore List
Big THANKS

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
It's going to really bulk up that side of the skyline. Looking forward to see this thing get vertical.
Me too…I’m going to walk over there to look at the site.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a crane up within the next few weeks. And speaking of cranes, it's curious that they didn't build their pedestrian walkway with overhead protection from the start. They can't leave it like that once they start overhead work. It makes me wonder if they plan to take a lane away from Hill Street and so that the existing sidewalk is inside the project fence.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 12:09 AM
DENNAB

Amazing progress at Olympic + Hill.

I wonder when Crescent Hill's 800+ footer could start. Those two + Angels Landing would be serious game changers for downtown.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunsberger View Post
I don't believe I've ever come across someone who has misread the room so badly. People come to this forum for development updates. No one is looking to get a "better sense of LA"
I've posted a variety of articles, vids & even my own comments about dtla that can be discussed. But you instead sidestep them & choose to talk about my posting....or to talk about 'citywatch'. How come?

My last post regards the way certain ppl in LA are trying to block the extension of the subway down wilshire by not wanting it to connect through the sepulveda pass. I've also posted some vids that show the new 6th st bridge as seen through the lens of at least 3 youtubers....two of them produced in a more professional manner.

again, to me there's a lot to talk about when it comes to the subj of dtla, way more than just brief posts or short opinions. Personally, I don't find such posts too helpful or interesting, but others do. Instead of complaining about them, I just scroll by them & go to other posts. Moving through a web page isn't that difficult....you simply click on the scroll bar to the right.

btw, the way this was filmed gives an even better look at what a person would have seen when walking up to the bridge...

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 12:38 AM

Quote:
(why is there a video of a tiktoker upset about NY in the LA THREAD????),
No one required you to click on that link....I scroll past postings that don't interest me & I'm sure various sppers treat my posts the same way.

I notice brief replies...short comments or one sentence opinions....posted under a lot of youtube vids where there are already 200, 500, 1,000, 10,000 comments. I'm never sure if ppl who post those expect them to be read, much less commented upon. I guess most ppl write words to a site like youtube just to post....just to make their presence known, sort of like someone tagging on a wall....a version of graffiti in social media. So be it.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 12:45 AM

Quote:
exactly, which is the best kind of post & the type I always like seeing when dropping by the dtla forum of ssp. If I instead come upon generic comments or brief replies....which don't tell me much new about dtla or give me a better idea of the area...I become a bit letdown. but I don't complain about them.....I just move on & drop by this forum at a later date.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 4:02 AM

The Trust bldg proj on spring st, across from the el dorado apt bldg, is shown in this vid...

https://youtu.be/blNHrl59mz0?t=353

thetrustbldg.com

https://www.thetrustbldg.com

^ I like the way that section of dtla over the past 10 yrs has slowly come back to life, including things like the addition of the nearby citizenM hotel. Using the amt of tagging on bldgs as one way to rate how presentable a city is, dtla is still doing ok. I was there a wk ago & relieved that the few sections I went by were free from a a lot of spray paint.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 4:18 AM

Quote:
The Trust bldg proj on spring st, across from the el dorado apt bldg, is shown in this vid...

https://youtu.be/blNHrl59mz0?t=353

thetrustbldg.com

https://www.thetrustbldg.com

^ I like the way that section of dtla over the past 10 yrs has slowly come back to life, including things like the addition of the nearby citizenM hotel. Using the amt of tagging on bldgs as one way to rate how presentable a city is, dtla is still doing ok. I was there a wk ago & relieved that the few sections I went by were free from a a lot of spray paint.
In looking forward to this building being activated. It's gonna be huge for spring. Any word on the Curtis stone restaurant on the roof?

Also, a bunch of retail has been leased in downtown over the last 2 months. Ikes sandwiches coming to the former le pain q space on 6th, Frank's coffee coming in across the street in the former madaam monseiur space, star Korean BBQ taking 7000 sq ft at the chapman on 8th and Broadway, the former barcito space on 12th and grand, the space next to prank bar on 11th and hope and several others!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations