HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 8:52 PM

Gotcha, although the address at that site would be somewhere between 770 and 746

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 10:22 PM

speaking of parking lot expansions, the old blinds are beautiful cottage across from polo park was torn down so St. John's Ambulance could expand its lot to front Portage front and centre. i hated that cottage structure but now i miss it over what ultimately replaced it. two steps back.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
speaking of parking lot expansions, the old blinds are beautiful cottage across from polo park was torn down so St. John's Ambulance could expand its lot to front Portage front and centre. i hated that cottage structure but now i miss it over what ultimately replaced it. two steps back.
What a joke

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinCitySparky View Post
Gotcha, although the address at that site would be somewhere between 770 and 746
Than that is the lot at Ellice and Simcoe not the old C-store at Ellice and Victor as that building was 701 Ellice.

The city says one of them has a building permit to be graveled.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
lol! That’s awesome! But what teacher would want to live there, they’re building million dollar shacks out in headingly. Plus no safe parking for their $80,000 SUV’s. It’s not like there’s schools to walk too to work near there.
This is hilarious. I'm a public school teach with 10 years experience. I drive a 20 year old midsized truck. I live in a house that I paid 309,000 for. Upgrading either of those would be financially stupid for me. If there are teachers out there living like this, they are married to someone making way more money or they come from old money.

Let's get real already.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 1:49 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
It is my understanding that Shared Health has torn down the old Blinds are Beautiful building in preparation for a new 140 bed personal care home planned for the site. They will be doing other site clearing work for this upcoming project...should the Provincial Government ever actually approve a capital project.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
It is my understanding that Shared Health has torn down the old Blinds are Beautiful building in preparation for a new 140 bed personal care home planned for the site. They will be doing other site clearing work for this upcoming project...should the Provincial Government ever actually approve a capital project.
Hope this gets done, it's certainly needed. Your information, however, is putting the brakes on our ability to jump to the most negative conclusion possible about this site, then rant about it as if it were fact. Is that allowed?

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebl View Post
This is hilarious. I'm a public school teach with 10 years experience. I drive a 20 year old midsized truck. I live in a house that I paid 309,000 for. Upgrading either of those would be financially stupid for me. If there are teachers out there living like this, they are married to someone making way more money or they come from old money.

Let's get real already.
lol, typical teacher, single-handedly making more than double the average Canadian family and still complaining. And yes lots do come from old money as most people who attend university for five years tend to. But I know people who build houses, nice houses, and the top three groups they build homes for are teachers, police and doctors. I should also say it’s rare they build a house for less than $500,000

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 3:10 PM

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tall Forehead View Post

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
lol, typical teacher, single-handedly making more than double the average Canadian family and still complaining. And yes lots do come from old money as most people who attend university for five years tend to. But I know people who build houses, nice houses, and the top three groups they build homes for are teachers, police and doctors. I should also say it’s rare they build a house for less than $500,000
Teachers deserve to be paid a lot. Your bitter envy is palpable/laughable.

Last edited by WinCitySparky; Sep 17, 2024 at 9:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 9:01 PM

"double the average Canadian family" is so easily disprovable with a simple google search that its tough to take anything else from you seriously

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 9:39 PM

Are there any mods on this forum? Hectate exists to derail threads. He is a broken, and off topic, record.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 10:04 PM

Sorry gang, that's my bad. I'm fairly new here...but I should know better not to feed the trolls.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 11:30 PM

I drove down the North perimeter for the first time in ages, considering I was in Alberta until spring. Wow! West St Paul between #8 and #9 is growing like crazy. It's nearly completely filled in between McPhillips and Main. Seeing that was super impressive.

In other news, there is a flurry of activity, and new signs galore on the Westport project just west of the Perimeter, north of the TCH. I can see the crew already levelling the land, for the future Costco parking lot, and the entrance has begun to take shape. I think there will be 16 apartment/condo buildings, tons of big box stores, and office buildings that will rival Kenaston Crossing.

This will inevitably spur incredible residential growth in the RM of Headingley. Expect the population to hit 10,000 within 10 years.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebl View Post
Sorry gang, that's my bad. I'm fairly new here...but I should know better not to feed the trolls.
I can relate! They need to find a Reddit echo chamber to rant and rage in.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
I drove down the North perimeter for the first time in ages, considering I was in Alberta until spring. Wow! West St Paul between #8 and #9 is growing like crazy. It's nearly completely filled in between McPhillips and Main. Seeing that was super impressive.

In other news, there is a flurry of activity, and new signs galore on the Westport project just west of the Perimeter, north of the TCH. I can see the crew already levelling the land, for the future Costco parking lot, and the entrance has begun to take shape. I think there will be 16 apartment/condo buildings, tons of big box stores, and office buildings that will rival Kenaston Crossing.

This will inevitably spur incredible residential growth in the RM of Headingley. Expect the population to hit 10,000 within 10 years.
Re: West St Paul. From Chief Peguis to Main to Grassmere to McPhillips will all be filled with development in 5-10 years. It's already planned under numerous different developers and under construction. A large part is actually within Winnipeg.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 3:03 PM

Seems like there is somewhat of a "White flight" occurring in Western Canadian metro area, where outside the Perimeter is higghly desirable fot Caucasians. Ditto for Edmonton and Calgary.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 3:30 PM

lol you guys, you think I care what you think of me. I really don’t.

But realistically, the median income for a family (that’s two people working) in manitoba after tax was $65,000

You teachers are now starting starting at $70,000 after ten years you’ll hit six figures and if you get to the top level over $125,000… then there’s pension, benefits, and a shit ton of time off.

So you’re doing well, very well. Too well.

It’s the inability to admit this that pisses me off, but then if they didn’t constantly complain who would coddle and throw more money at them.

Just like the cops.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule-le View Post
Are there any mods on this forum? Hectate exists to derail threads. He is a broken, and off topic, record.
Never once heard from you until I brought up that ghastly club regent… you design that? Lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan