HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 2:21 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Park View Post
I hope you stay safe. Think of those that are left behind, with no hope of either getting out of her district or her district not encompassing our house.
I'm so sorry. I am safe here - my only options are Clark or Hinds. The notion of Candi coming all the way down here... well... think Putin in Kyiv. Sorry, Kiev.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:01 PM
Mile High Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Oof I can try. It's a bit tricky to take this rendering from this perspective and make it on the skyline. I can easily update the massing on Google Earth though and get some different perspectives though!
Massing from different perspectives is perfectly fine by me! Appreciate it.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:24 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Here's the massing and site design package for Urban Villages' 30-story residential project at 1149 Bannock. Tentatively called HIVE with 234 units:

Link

There are two other projects that Urban Villages is looking at as well: the previously mentioned ~25-30 story residential/hotel tower at 1199 Bannock called ACU and, sandwiched between the two towers, a 12-story office tower called Pollinator

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:28 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Speaking of retail: Does anyone know when and if all the Market Station retail units will be filled? My wife and I walked around it last night and maybe 10% of the retail spaces had tenants. Market Station would be like the Denver Pavilions if it was full but I'm curious if the market will support that much retail in a very retail dense area
Walked through it today and it looks like 3-4 of the interior spaced are getting some tenant finishes done. Hopefully leasing is accelerating there.

Lotta retail upheaval downtown right now, but it appears that the foot traffic is really starting to return as additional offices open back up.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:37 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Okie dokie! It's the blue building except for the City Park / CPW views. Blue because it's a blue building, yellow, so you can see it. Amazing it's going to actually be seen from City Park!

Golden Triangle:

Lincoln Park:

Speer & Zuni (bye Cashie):

Uptown:

Five Points:

City of Cuernavaca Park:

City Park West:

City Park:

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:49 PM
Mile High Guy

Thanks Ryan D! Looks good in most perspectives. It's kind of too bad it hides the Cash Register from the Speer overlook.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 8:52 PM
Mile High Guy

RyanD, do you have one from the "Mile Hi cam"? (Mile High Stadium) That perspective is used a lot with the media.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 10:03 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Kind of like this, yeah?

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 11:10 PM
Mile High Guy

Close enough. The cam regularly used is a little more north toward that micro suites apartment building. I appreciate you doing this to give us an idea of what to expect!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 11:35 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Gotcha. Still fills in a nice gap slightly to the north.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Walked through it today and it looks like 3-4 of the interior spaced are getting some tenant finishes done. Hopefully leasing is accelerating there.

Lotta retail upheaval downtown right now, but it appears that the foot traffic is really starting to return as additional offices open back up.
Conventions are returning too which will help with foot traffic. I was at Hyatt Regency downtown today for a project and there were a ton of convention goers around.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 2:41 AM

Good to hear. I know that Arapahoe brought up grabbing a beer. I'm down to do that to celebrate 1900 Lawrence or Amacon breaking ground here in the coming weeks if anyone else is interested.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 3:20 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post

I'll be back in the office starting Monday. Doing an office lunch out and I have 18 takers. I haven't been in a room with 18 co-workers since February 2020.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 4:17 AM

Some new massing renderings of the proposed 1199 Bannock building by Urban Villages (342 feet to top of mechanical penthouse):

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 5:10 AM

Bit of a beast but I like it actually. Hopefully this area sees a few actual point towers too.

Thanks for your toil, Ryan! We are lucky to have you.

Quote:
Good to hear. I know that Arapahoe brought up grabbing a beer. I'm down to do that to celebrate 1900 Lawrence or Amacon breaking ground here in the coming weeks if anyone else is interested.
Following.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Some new massing renderings of the proposed 1199 Bannock building by Urban Villages (342 feet to top of mechanical penthouse):

I will believe it when I see it. Urban Villages has a strong track record of designing buildings and then not executing on them. I do not think they have built anything ground up singe Sugar Cube. I hope this happens but and weary.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 6:01 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
I'd join. A decade or so ago, before some of us became insufferably old and stodgy, this forum used to do meetups with some frequency.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 6:02 PM

Colfax and Corona

With Kairoi demo'ing the Ramada this week to make room for their mix-use project, has anyone heard what's going on with it's neighbor and the Corona Corner?
There are articles from a few years ago Smiley's Laundromat space being purchased for a mixed-use called "Route 44". The building has had scaffolding around it for a while now. Looks like the building is being restored instead of demolished.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 6:16 PM

I would love to see the Urban Villages projects in Golden Triangle. However, I won't be heartbroken if they do not come to pass. There are so many other projects that are either under construction now or very active in the permitting process with the city. Here are a few highlights:

Projects under construction now

1. 1025 Bannock (Modera Golden Triangle)
2. 1100 Bannock (Evans West)
3. 990 Bannock (LMC)

Projects soon to break ground

1. 1158 Delaware
2. 1120 Acoma (Evans East)

Projects that are very active with the city/design review

1. 1235 Cherokee
2. 899 Broadway
3. 1030 Broadway
4. 970 Cherokee

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveed View Post
With Kairoi demo'ing the Ramada this week to make room for their mix-use project, has anyone heard what's going on with it's neighbor and the Corona Corner?
There are articles from a few years ago Smiley's Laundromat space being purchased for a mixed-use called "Route 44". The building has had scaffolding around it for a while now. Looks like the building is being restored instead of demolished.
Speaking of Kairoi, has there been any movement on their LoDo project. Would be awesome to get something similar to their downtown Austin high rise.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West