HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 8:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-TOWERS View Post
Great Pic From The Side........one World Trade Has Come A Long Way... It Didn't Seem Long Ago That We Were Excited Just To See The Jumbo Columns Above Street Level...
More time has passed between then and now than the amount of time we have for this tower to be topped out and completed. From that standpoint, we are more than halfway through of watching this one rise.

mmmmmrob

Angie Van Dyck

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 10:20 PM

This thing is already a mammoth and will start to dominate the skyline within a few months.

Crazy thing about it is, 4WTC will eventually be 200 ft taller than 1WTC is now. 4WTC would dominate the skyline just by itself, but to have 3 taller towers next to it is crazy.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
This thing is already a mammoth and will start to dominate the skyline within a few months.

Crazy thing about it is, 4WTC will eventually be 200 ft taller than 1WTC is now. 4WTC would dominate the skyline just by itself, but to have 3 taller towers next to it is crazy.
Actually Tower 4 will be 975 feet tall so a finished Tower 4 will be 309 feet taller then what Tower 1 is now .

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 3:00 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.globest.com/news/1847_184.../306859-1.html

Durst To Pitch Trade Center to China Execs

By Robert Carr
February 9, 2011

Quote:
A partner in the One World Trade Center office tower project in New York City plans to pitch space availability at a business conference here. Douglas Durst, president of the Durst Organization, will speak to Chinese executives at the Yabuli International Convention Center on Feb. 13.

The building is to include three million square feet, and will be the Western Hemisphere’s tallest building at 1,776 feet high. Now under construction, the building is expected to be complete by 2013. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is developing the tower, and Durst is finishing a deal to be an equity partner.

A Chinese firm, Vantone Industrial, was the first company to sign a lease at the tower, taking 190,810 square feet in 2009. The company was also responsible for setting up Durst’s presentation, of which Durst said in a statement, “I am fully confident that this incomparable property will capture the imagination of the Chinese business elite.”

A Durst spokesman tells GlobeSt.com that like the former World Trade Center buildings, this new tower will be a global attraction for business. “We expect a high percentage of international users,” the spokesman said.

Cushman and Wakefield is the leasing agent for the building, Tara Stacom with the company said in a statement that leasing is off to a fast pace, with letters of intent for more than one million square feet. The Durst spokesman says negotiations include bringing in Conde Nast for one million square feet, and talks with the General Services Administration for another 500,000 square feet.

Wish we could see the presentation...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 3:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
WOW looking at that Photo you could actually see Tower 1 starting to really change the skyline, I would say 10 more floors and Tower 1 will be a giant force in lower Manhattan.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 6:52 PM

I've gotta get downtown to take another look at this thing. The pictures make it look incredible.

I love how its skin will modernize the downtown skyline--especially considering how huge it will be--while its shape connects it to the past; both in terms of the right angularity of the buildings that bulk up the area around it, along with the boxiness of the ghost that still inhabits that space in my mind. I'm not sure if that makes any sense to others, but it is meaningful to me. Bravo Mr. Childs.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:

This is a great pic!!! Really gives a good view of what 1WTC will do to the skyline. Love watching the daily progress here!!!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 11:54 PM

Taken February 9, 2011

Taken February 9, 2011

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 12:53 AM

[IMG][/IMG]
Soon, One World Trade will take it's place as King of Lower Manhattan, then all of NYC...

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 1:26 AM
Onkel Dagobert

In the picture below, the building under construction behind and between 7 WTC & 90 Church St. with the blue crane, is that the replacement building for old Fiterman Hall?

Quote:

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 1:54 AM

Not buying the location of the Empire State Building in this photo.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 2:43 AM

well if they took the picture by ellis island than it should look like that

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 4:16 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post

Yea you're right, the ESB actually got up and walked to a different location just to mess with you personally... weird huh?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 6:08 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's exactly where it's always been. The ESB is just in the background of that pic. The view of it varies depending on how far out in the harbor you are.

Here it is again from a similar angle before the Freedom Tower rises on the skyline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagobert View Post
In the picture below, the building under construction behind and between 7 WTC & 90 Church St. with the blue crane, is that the replacement building for old Fiterman Hall?
It's over here...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184311

This photo is slightly old, but I like it...

National September 11 Memorial & Museum

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 6:22 AM

^ I know you can see that view of the ESB from the ferry... it just seems a bit too tall and clear in that other view for some reason...

Here is a shot from nearly the exact same angle, just a bit further out. It's not as if, the ESB would grow disproportionately taller in comparison with buildings in the foreground in Lower Manhattan as you moved closer. I don't know, just seems weird.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_irxzZOvSyPw/S7...I/P1020799.JPG

Well, actually maybe that shot I posted is closer. Maybe I'm high and don't realize it.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 10, 2011 at 7:01 AM.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 6:28 AM

I just love going to this site everyday looking at the latest pictures. Just out of curiosity though, does anyone know if there is a way to get a photo of what the new tower looks like today as a 2'x1' wall canvas?

Probably nobody cares about photos of a tower not completed yet. :/

Patapsco's post is a good example of what I'm looking for. Post #12250

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 7:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Here is a shot from nearly the exact same angle, just a bit further out. It's not as if, the ESB would grow disproportionately taller in comparison with buildings in the foreground in Lower Manhattan as you moved closer. I don't know, just seems weird.

Well, actually maybe that shot I posted is closer. Maybe I'm high and don't realize it.
You've answered your own question (as I have), and yes even in New York there are clear days.

Walking Off the Big Apple

Hisham Alboug

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 10, 2011 at 7:26 AM.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 7:56 AM
Ex Houstonian

Wow, it really is starting to make a difference in the skyline, it seems like just yesterday it was still a hole in the ground. Before you know it, it will be TO.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 3:27 PM

I got news, The two Cranes have been hired and lifted in place and the scafolding is now being put in place as well so that the construction workers can now start to construct the 57th and 58th floors.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive