HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsalfl View Post
Any airport experts on here know if there is any chance that we could one day become a focus city for Southwest with our new facilities? Love Field and Houston Hobby only have so much space.
The new terminal will certainly help Southwest to grow, especially internationally as the current terminal has them in a separate security area from the international gates. That being said MSY is pretty close to being a focus city as it is with up to 54-57 daily departures and a lot of connections are offered, mostly Florida to Texas/California. Their main issue right now is a shortage of planes.

Spirit airlines is growing rapidly going to 12 daily departures this summer and they also will offer a few connections through MSY. Spirit may be more likely to start some international routes as they are more recognized in Latin America.

I think we are getting close to the point where someone will try some Central American and Caribbean destinations. The Fort Lauderdale/Miami area is pretty saturated and Houston's demand is weakened with cheap oil. Having a terminal with a unified security area and improved concessions will definitely help.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsalfl View Post
Any airport experts on here know if there is any chance that we could one day become a focus city for Southwest with our new facilities? Love Field and Houston Hobby only have so much space.
I agree with prokowave. There's a lot on the horizon with Southwest. They've already applied to the FAA to do two international destinations from New Orleans and have been approved. So, I would assume that is coming with new terminal.

As far as a focus city/hub, it's pretty much there without the title. However, I do expect to see a hub type situation coming from Spirit before Southwest. Spirit is not only expanding but they are doing very well in this market. (Not from me)

There's a lot of rumors about a huge Delta expansion at MSY too, so that's also another potential. Delta could easily expand and go head to head with American and probably win the battle. I'd say stay tuned because the airport is a very busy place right now with a lot of moving pieces. Hope that helps!

Also, I know it's unofficial until the numbers are released, but I've had two friends on the British Airways flight. One said the flight was about half full, the other said it was completely full. So, regardless, that's impressive given it's just starting out. The plane holds 214 people, so even half full this early is a good sign.

Last edited by nolafan; Apr 6, 2017 at 1:40 PM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I agree with prokowave. There's a lot on the horizon with Southwest. They've already applied to the FAA to do two international destinations from New Orleans and have been approved. So, I would assume that is coming with new terminal.

As far as a focus city/hub, it's pretty much there without the title. However, I do expect to see a hub type situation coming from Spirit before Southwest. Spirit is not only expanding but they are doing very well in this market. (Not from me)

There's a lot of rumors about a huge Delta expansion at MSY too, so that's also another potential. Delta could easily expand and go head to head with American and probably win the battle. I'd say stay tuned because the airport is a very busy place right now with a lot of moving pieces. Hope that helps!

Also, I know it's unofficial until the numbers are released, but I've had two friends on the British Airways flight. One said the flight was about half full, the other said it was completely full. So, regardless, that's impressive given it's just starting out. The plane holds 214 people, so even half full this early is a good sign.

Regarding British Airways... if they are adding another day its clearly doing well.

Didnt Delta just order a bunch of new regional jets too?

Never flown Spirit but absolutely would expect Spirit to hub here before Southwest . NOLA is too near Houston and Dallas for that to happen.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Having a terminal with a unified security area and improved concessions will definitely help.

This is more crucial than anyone thinks! Without Unified security area airlines run the risk of passengers missing transfers and that cost everyone money. Not a deal killer but certainly not helpful!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:14 PM
-

Quote:
Where do you find that information on FAAs website?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:35 PM
-

Some additional renderings of The Jung:

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 PM
-

2901 Leon C Simon Dr·New Construction ·Ref Code: 0K7UB8
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Eliot Neel
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/5/2017
Closed:
No
Description
New Construction for Visitors Center at the FBI Field Offices. Not attached to the existing building, including: Gates, Barriers and Visitor Processor Center.

djsnola
629 Canal St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: RBJJ1E
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Daniel S Kempton
Permit Case Created
Date Filed:
4/5/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Pressure wash and paint Canal St elevation, remove exterior fire escape and install historically accurate parapet cap at top as per HDLC approval

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 2:45 PM
-

Convention Center Linear Park:

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Regarding British Airways... if they are adding another day its clearly doing well.

Didnt Delta just order a bunch of new regional jets too?

Never flown Spirit but absolutely would expect Spirit to hub here before Southwest . NOLA is too near Houston and Dallas for that to happen.
NOLA is farther away than Dallas & Houston and they are both hubs for Southwest. So we aren't necessarily "too close". As far as Delta, yes they have a ton of regional jets but don't forget New Orleans was a Delta hub back in the day.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 3:49 PM

Love the convention center linear park plans. That's going to add a lot to that area. When is this supposed to kick off? Soon right?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 4:10 PM
-

Quote:
Love the convention center linear park plans. That's going to add a lot to that area. When is this supposed to kick off? Soon right?
this summer

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:13 PM
-

326 Camp St·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: YT8SD2
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Buras Signs
Application Review
Date Filed:
4/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Installation of ( 1 ) sign1 as per sketch and HDLC Approval. Proposed sign text The Picayune. Reverse channel letters on building w/LED lights

326 Camp St·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: UXX7MU
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Buras Signs
Application Review
Date Filed:
4/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Installation of new canopy with routed faces as per sketch and HDLC Approval. Sign text Picayune Social House hanging from existing wooden beam. Illuminated double faced sign.

djsnola
601 Loyola Ave, Suite 200·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 7TCABN
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Terri Dreyer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovate spa in existing hotel as per plans.

djsnola
6115 Magazine St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 2HC7V5
Type:
Applicant:
Nate Africk
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
4/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior Build out permit for office space linked to initial permit number 16-40409.

852 Tchoupitoulas St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 2W0C2E
Type:
Applicant:
Peter Spera III
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior build out of existing vacant tenant space. Construction is only interior, no work to be performed on the exterior of the building. Add interior walls and toilet room per drawings.

djsnola
301 Camp St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: 8ZKMAU
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Collin Henke
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior and exterior renovation for existing La Quinta

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:16 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:19 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:21 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:23 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:30 PM
-

752 Tchoupitoulas St [Tommy’s Wine Bar]·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: YSYBQU
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Buras Signs
Application Review
Date Filed:
4/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Manufacture and install ( 1 ) illuminated double faced sign on existing building/new cabinet as per sketch and HDLC Approval. Proposed sign text NOSH

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 6:09 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:17 PM

I noticed that where the old warehouse on Tulane was is a sign that says "development opportunity- contact Feil organization." Not sure if that's for retail space or if it means he's looking to sell/build to fit.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 4:38 PM
-

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations