HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Horizon Place - current status:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XKW6vW]
This building is going to be one of the most impressive in greater moncton and hopefully start a trend of higher quality, density and sustainability. How many apartments total planned for this building? Any advertised rent rates yet?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifyoubuildit View Post
This building is going to be one of the most impressive in greater moncton and hopefully start a trend of higher quality, density and sustainability. How many apartments total planned for this building? Any advertised rent rates yet?
I'I gonna say something like 300. Based on the framing, I count 120 just in the back part.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 9:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I'I gonna say something like 300. Based on the framing, I count 120 just in the back part.
Don't forget that there is I think 3 levels of parking as well.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 11:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
It's not that many. I remember reading the Dieppe PAC document regarding this once. I think the building will have somewhere in the range of 160-180 units.

And yes, three of the ten floors are for parking.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
No doubt it's a large building by NB standards. I wonder where it ranks among residential buildings in the province. It must be near the top of the list. I'm not too familiar with residential buildings in Saint John, I assume there must be some there that are similar in scale. Anyone here know?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I'm not too familiar with residential buildings in Saint John, I assume there must be some there that are similar in scale. Anyone here know?
The Harbourfront condo building comes to mind, although it seems a bit smaller than Horizon Place.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 1:32 PM

I'm confident that I recall Horizon being 155 units.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I'm confident that I recall Horizon being 155 units.
That is very large! I believe I have read somewhere that the average apartment unit is $150,000 to construct x 155 = 23 million!?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 3:55 PM

Yeah that ain't chump change! Nice investment in Dieppe for sure. Can you imaginewhat the before and after tax values for that city block are? And the reduced costs to the city per resident there, given the new density?

Mr. Vautour is building himself his own apartment there where he'll live after it's built. How I would love a tour after it's done. It would be a dream for me to have the means to build my own place, the way I want it, with the stuff in it that I want. Kudos to him. He worked hard to be successful.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 4:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Mr. Vautour is building himself his own apartment there where he'll live after it's built. How I would love a tour after it's done. It would be a dream for me to have the means to build my own place, the way I want it, with the stuff in it that I want. Kudos to him. He worked hard to be successful.
Interesting. I'm sure it'll be larger than the typical apartments in Horizon Place, perhaps even two level. A customizable penthouse would be ideal!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
No doubt it's a large building by NB standards. I wonder where it ranks among residential buildings in the province. It must be near the top of the list. I'm not too familiar with residential buildings in Saint John, I assume there must be some there that are similar in scale. Anyone here know?
Brentwood tower out in Millidgeville is larger, I think. Not sure on the number of units, but it's 15 floors.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
The Harbourfront condo building comes to mind, although it seems a bit smaller than Horizon Place.
Isn't the SJ Harbour Front building only 6 floors + some Townhomes. I'm almost positive I had seen something about that. Although I could be mixing projects together since I tend to travel around Canada a bit, and have posted/read on a few other forums then the Atlantic Canadian forums.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Isn't the SJ Harbour Front building only 6 floors + some Townhomes. I'm almost positive I had seen something about that. Although I could be mixing projects together since I tend to travel around Canada a bit, and have posted/read on a few other forums then the Atlantic Canadian forums.
It is. Brentwood Tower would indeed be bigger, by floor space, units and height. Harbourfront stands out because of its location and design, but even Fredericton has bigger residential buildings than that.

Royale T Suites

362 Victoria

MacLeod Avenue

Magee House (Technically student housing)

Forest Hill Towers

Regency Park

The new building under construction at Smythe and Dundonald may be bigger as well.

In Saint John:

Fort Howe Tower

Stephenson Tower

Honourable mention: Loch Lomond Villa annex

411 Ellerdale

These things on Hickey Rd

and these ones

155 Mystery Lake

Prince Edward Square

656 Brunswick

Market Square Tower

Don't know much about Moncton housing stock but

Windsor Court

and maybe others.

Most of these would pass Harbourfront, and they're some of the biggest in the province regardless.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I'm sure it'll be larger than the typical apartments in Horizon Place, perhaps even two level. A customizable penthouse would be ideal!
I don't know any details of his own private space, but as the building goes up, I'm paying particular attention to work going on at the southwest corner of the building. I know I'd sure as hell be picking that corner for my own apartment/condo. Perfect view of Moncton and, I would guess, the tidal bore, downtonwn Moncton, Champlain Street, Champlain Place, etc....
My choice would certainly be on the top floor too, or top two floors if I were to choose a two-level space for myself. Which I would. Simply because I could. lol

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
That is very large! I believe I have read somewhere that the average apartment unit is $150,000 to construct x 155 = 23 million!?
Good estimate, the total construction cost is $30M according to a newspaper article from last year.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 12:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The other $7M must be for Vautour's own personal residential unit.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 4:42 PM

Quote:

The other $7M must be for Vautour's own personal residential unit.
I viewed the floor plans once for the units in the building and Vautour's unit was around 2500 square feet.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 8:43 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

There are some pretty big apartment buildings in and around Moncton

Peopple's Park Tower

Lorentz Apartments

Lions Building

Cameron Arms

This place on Lewsville Not the tallest for sure, but it's being doubled in size right now. Should be well north of 100 units when finished.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:42 AM

Does anyone have any links to web site for Dieppe's Horizon Place?

I'm surprised they haven't released any rental, lease, condo presale information yet.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 12:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regarding MCS Sanitation, here are a couple of photos from their Facebook page showing their new building currently under construction.

This was originally supposed to have been built in the new expansion to the Caledonia Industrial Park on the south side of the TCH. This is now being built on Benjamin Street in the Dieppe Industrial Park, backing on the eastbound lanes of Highway 15.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces