HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35
Are they goin to take a break from the time they knocked these buildings down to the time they start construction on 10 Rittenhouse? Or are they goin right from one to the other?
Unless building materials are an issue I don't see why they wouldn't get started right away. They have issued a 2008 deadline so letting the grass grow beneath them wouldn't be very businesslike

Old Posted Mar 1, 2006, 8:57 AM

Yeah, this ain't SEPTA.

PhillyNation, I doubt there will be as much to find underground in the this area as there was in Old City, since this area was farms until sometime in the 1800s.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Mar 2, 2006, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan118
They say the captain goes down with his ship.
Hahaha good one.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2006, 11:54 PM

Nothing is happening on this site, I walked past there today. It's just an empty lot with a fence.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 12:21 AM

^ That sucks. They need to buckle down and get started.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 1:54 AM
Realtor

Can you imagine how much everyone would hate Wheeler if he didn't get started soon! I'm sure it will happen within the next month (hopefully sooner) but I was by there today as well and sad to see NOTHING happening

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 2:30 AM
furified freestyle

i walked by today too and couldn't help but wonder what in tarnation was going on. (it was a wednesday afternoon after all.) there aren't even any backhoes or dump trucks on site any more. i mean, it's just a big hole with nothin' in it but a ramp from the construction entrance into the basement.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 2:44 AM
Corporate logo

I hear what you guys are saying. I walked by around 5:30 tonight and it was deserted. No equipment at all. What the devil?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 10:29 PM

We now officially have a Wayne Spilove situation on our hands. Remember - - the only project Hal Wheeler has successfully developed to date is a strip shopping center on City Line Ave. This could be Disney Hole west. I don't know how they can start construction without any pre-sales and I don't even recall seeing floor plans on their website. How do you do pre-sales without floor plans?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2006, 10:35 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Build it and they will come?

Actually there has been precious little in the way of any type of sales or advertising. Sure that's an attractive area but you can't operate on assumptions and with the whole fight to get the site cleared in the first place it would be pretty stupid to have that as a problem.

I hope I haven't been overlooking something all along.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 3:57 PM

I thought I was the only one who noticed the lack of adverstising compared to Murano and RAR. They ran one ad that I saw in Phila magazine many months ago. I have seen nothing since then. After waiting months to tear down those building you would think there would be a rush to start construction.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 4:12 PM

I'm optimistic at this location this won't be an 8th + market fiasco. I have no doubts that construction will begin shortly

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 5:01 PM
Time/Space

I hope this location does not become a surface parking lot. You how Philly has a history of destroying buildings and then putting surface parking lots. If that happens I hope somobody kills the developer. (I mean it!)

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 6:40 PM
Philly Flying

^^^ I'd have to agree, I never thought those buildings were anything special but they are better than a parking lot by a long shot.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 8:01 PM

Should look good once they start going on it

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 9:29 PM
Corporate logo

Cindy from the sales office said that construction will resume end of next week (around March 17th). They have to prepare to "pin" the Rittenhouse Club, i.e., support the façade before they can resume digging the foundation.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 10:58 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Alrighty. Swine strikes again.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 12:14 AM

Thanks for getting the "dirt" on that one, Swiney. I think they mean they have to secure the foundations of the buildings right up against the edge of the excavation. So how deep is it going to be?
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Mar 14, 2006, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinefeld
This project was first proposed way back in 1998.

It took that long to get to where we are now because of court battles waged by a local group called SOS (Save Our Square) based on historical preservation and zoning issues.
Um, sorry to break in, but that's not right.

The 1998 project failed to proceed because the ground lessee forced a sale of the property in 2002 based on non-payment. Save Our Square was not involved until the project went before the historical commission in January of 2004.

The current "10 Rittenhouse" project started with the re-purchase of the property around February- March of 2003 after the property was sold/foreclosed in 2002. Check the Philly Business Journal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volguus zildrohar
Build it and they will come?

Actually there has been precious little in the way of any type of sales or advertising. Sure that's an attractive area but you can't operate on assumptions and with the whole fight to get the site cleared in the first place it would be pretty stupid to have that as a problem.

I hope I haven't been overlooking something all along.
Perhaps, of course, there are two sides to every story...

05120394, 06 DEC 2005, Paragraph 42

Hal

Last edited by Hal; Mar 14, 2006 at 5:27 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2006, 1:55 PM
Hello

Hal Wheeler has also proposed to build Baltimore's new tallest. I don't think he would do that if he did not have any money.
You guys are just impatient. You expect steel to go up as soon as the lot is cleared. Allot is invloved in constructing such a project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive