HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 7:39 PM

This isnt about the NBC. This is about the poster in question's political leanings and how that influences his view of the CBC.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 7:52 PM

^^^What does politics have to do with prefer watching NBC's quality world leading broadcasting of the Olympics? I'm not sure what Jagmeet Singh has to do with the CBC or its broadcasting of the Olympics...
... unless you are one of those FOX news racists... I never thought of that actually... your comment makes more sense now.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 7:59 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Every four (or two?) years when the Olympics are on I am reminded of one of the main reasons I am such a strong supporter of public broadcasting in this country.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 8:00 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
I'm not sure what Jagmeet Singh has to do with the CBC or its broadcasting of the Olympics...
... unless you are one of those FOX news racists... I never thought of that actually... your comment makes more sense now.
Is there a word for what you just did there? There has to be...

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 8:11 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
^^^What does politics have to do with prefer watching NBC's quality world leading broadcasting of the Olympics? .
It sounds more like you've bought into their hype. I can't remember now - is it NBC or ABC that has self-proclaimed itself as the world leader in sports broadcasting?

I have access to NBC but not to their secondary networks. I do flip over to NBC from Radio-Canada TV and CBC on occasion and I am not exactly blown away by NBC's coverage.

They may have most of the latest hi-tech gadgetry (though I can't say I've really noticed - just assuming they do - they always do) but in terms of depth and breadth of coverage I am pretty happy with my main Radio-Canada/CBC pairing that I flip back and forth with.

Radio-Canada/CBC seem to be on-air for way more hours during any given 24 hour period and have fewer qualms about pre-empting their regular broadcast schedule for the Olympics. (This is not a knock on NBC specifically - all of the American networks do a delicate balancing act between their regular schedule and the Olympics when they're the broadcaster. The Canadian networks pretty much shove everything else aside for the duration of the games.)

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 8:18 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
^^^What does politics have to do with prefer watching NBC's quality world leading broadcasting of the Olympics? I'm not sure what Jagmeet Singh has to do with the CBC or its broadcasting of the Olympics...
The rhetoric you keep spewing isn't helping such as world leading broadcasting. Their commentators have already made themselves look foolish. What else is there? They aren't filming the games. Japan's public broadcaster is. Oh right. The formulaic athlete bio shorts every country produces.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 8:31 PM

The NBC feed sucks because almost nothing is live. It's all prerecorded and edited up whereas CBC shows everything live and also reshown when more people are watching.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 9:47 PM
BANNED

I think the tropical sun of Maple Crick Sask. has baked someone's brain to the point where they simply can't distinguish high quality media coverage from that which is piss poor.

How anyone can claim NBC has better Olympic coverage over CBC is beyond ridiculous, for reasons that have been previously mentioned.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
How anyone can claim NBC has better Olympic coverage over CBC is beyond ridiculous, for reasons that have been previously mentioned.
I don't have cable and the CBC online coverage is fantastic, now I do have a problem with their ever increasing leftist news coverage but that's a story for another day.

Unlike CBC, you also can't watch NBC without having to log into a cable provider. Saskbuddy sounds like the guy who was trying to tell me how many Canadians were tuning into the American hockey coverage over the Canadian.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:39 AM
The New Republic

Getting a kiss from the boyfriend on prime time Olympic tv

Courtesy of yimg

I'm a bit surprised it hadn't happened before. Better late than never.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 2:37 AM

^^^NBC is so progressive, good on them!!
Great games so far, nobody would be stupid enough to try & watch it live especially when you can PVR and watch them at convenience later that day/prime time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Is there a word for what you just did there? There has to be...
Slam dunk would be the closest facsimile to what I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack
It sounds more like you've bought into their hype. I can't remember now - is it NBC or ABC that has self-proclaimed itself as the world leader in sports broadcasting?
both NBC & ABC, you could add CBS and Fox Sports too I suppose, the American broadcasts switch off between all 4 for the Superbowl, there is just so much depth in American broadcasters.

CBC tv isn't commercial free but still receives $1 Billion/year subsidies which Global, CTV etc don't get, therefore CBC is basically run as a propaganda puppet for social engineering Canadians by federal government. I'm just surprised how many SSP forumers are brain-washed into thinking exactly what the government/CBC wants them too, nobody knows how to critically think or research issues these days, too many Canadians have to be told what to think.
Government/CBC in Canada has quite a hold on the populace, there is no recourse if anyone ever has a dispute with CBC. CBC's impartial ombudsman has always been employed previously by CBC itself.

Video Link

Could be worse though, Bell which has a strangle hold Ontario, wants to have control on Canadian's internet access by having CRTC blacklist certain websites, which is a very slippery slope to outright banning freedom of information for Canadians, not unlike what China does in it's country.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell...rnet-1.4308068

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63
I don't have cable and the CBC online coverage is fantastic, now I do have a problem with their ever increasing leftist news coverage but that's a story for another day.
sometimes it takes someone that's new to Canada to explain how biased and one-sided CBC is to Canadian's that don't know any better.

Quote:
CBC in Canada is in danger of making the problem(fake news & misinformation) worse.
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/fake...rage-1.4454703

Its nice that CBC does acknowledge that it's only a voice for a very limited number of Canadians though.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:06 AM

Quote:
sometimes it takes someone that's new to Canada to explain how biased and one-sided CBC is to Canadian's that don't know any better.
CBC's leftist leanings go back to the caveman but have only gotten progressively (pardon the expression) worse in the last few years. But I guess you could say that about just about everybody else. I'm actually surprised that was published, so good on them.

We interrupt this paid political message with Olympic news

Canada's Cassie Sharpe wins women's ski halfpipe (whatever the hell that is) gold. Breaking news from CBC online.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:17 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

The CBC like many other media these days is increasingly behaving like the media "of a cause" - un média de combat as we say. It's an unfortunate evolution. One that will not likely end well. Neither for them nor for us.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:18 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Those comments from that Quilly guy are bang on. I could have given that interview myself.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:23 AM
The Vomit Bag.

What is the deal with the sour-pussmanship?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:25 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Anyway, I am still a defender of the CBC. For now. But I do think they need to keep their nose clean.

The Trudeau Liberals aren't going to be in power forever, guys.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:26 AM

In the middle of all this fascinating discussion - Moir and Virtue strike gold again

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:28 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
If that was the sole ranking mechanism then why bother having silver and bronze medals?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Feb 20, 2018 at 2:34 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:30 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
In the middle of all this fascinating discussion - Moir and Virtue strike gold again
awesome.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 5:23 AM
I am the law!

I hope you were being facetious over seeing a couple 💏 on TV as progressive

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada