HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
World Machine

Thumbs up Update:

Well finally the week has come to an end. And what a busy week it was: 3 presentations, 2 papers due, a group project, and a mid-quarter exam. College life at it's best...........

Now for some updates. I did this stuff last Sunday. BTW, if you guys missed the design for the telecom site, it's above .

Here is an opening shot of the Chamberlin International Trade Center:

This is the latest residential complex in Chamberlin. The pair and their shared base were completed on August 29, 2007. Both towers are at equal height vertically stretching 42 floors in the air. That 42 floors in each tower are filled with luxury apartments, spas, upscale dining and shopping, an indoor pool and raquetball court, and a helipad on the top of the base.

Thats all for tonight. Please leave comments or suggestions (especially on those residential buildings. Do you think they fit in?????)

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 4:19 PM
World Machine

Exclamation Breaking News

Could a Developers Vision become the Cities New Tallest?

Gary Trudell
(The Chamberlin Current)

For the last 2 months, real estate developer: Christian Roberts has been talking with Chamberlin Mayor: Richard Buccanan, about the possibilty of a new highrise office building. This building though would be 1,200ft and 100 floors which would give it the title of Chamberlin's tallest. The City Council as well as Mayor Buccanan have taken this vision seriously. They feel that this would cap off the cities 27 year commercial boom.

Developer Christian Roberts is looking to build the 100 floor mixed use tower as well as a 50 floor hotel tower on a vacant lot behind the Ritz Carlton. He would like the underground concourse to connect with the one linking the Ritz, CSE, CSE Tower, and the CITC. Though it is still a vision at this time, it is expected that this project will be a hard proposal by November.

Below: A mach building to show the height of the visionary tower (this is not what it will look like).

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 8:25 PM
World Machine

Exclamation Need Ideas!

Ok, I'm am currently working on a museum and entertaiment district for Chamberlin, and after I finish that I don't know what else to do. I'm also building another highway and finishing the Chamberlin Cultural Center. I'm running out of ideas fast and have no intent on stopping the city. Any ideas? What would you guys like to see?

Also, what do you guys think of those residential buildings I made shown in the above update? I'm sort of 50/50 on them right now.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 8:36 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

I like them.

They would look really nice with details or textures. You should soften edges in some of your buildings.

As for the ideas, I think you should make a complex in 3 or 4 blocks. 2 residential towers would be nice but not twins. A mall in 1.5-2 blocks connected by a bridge, and in a busy intersection with a lot of signs.

Museum, I don't really know. Maybe make about 3 buildings, 1 make it a classical looking history museum. The second one also make it classical looking but instead of history it should be an art museum. The third building should be a modern glass one, it would be a modern art museum and they should all be either on the same block or connected by a tunnel or walkway.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 8:45 PM
World Machine

I'll have all the museums (3) as well as the cultural center in tonights update.

A mall is a good idea.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Ok, I'm am currently working on a museum and entertaiment district for Chamberlin, and after I finish that I don't know what else to do. I'm also building another highway and finishing the Chamberlin Cultural Center. I'm running out of ideas fast and have no intent on stopping the city. Any ideas? What would you guys like to see?

Also, what do you guys think of those residential buildings I made shown in the above update? I'm sort of 50/50 on them right now.
You need more curvy building,think My CT Tower. or like that tower you made with a cydrilical roof.

you live in NY,look out your window for inspiration.

You should seriosly think about textures. It looks so rael landscape wise,and the the towers are just shapes. It wouldnt arm your computer,you can turn the textures off. In fact I will give you som of mi own textures if needbe.

I love thoses resis',so much Im putting something simialar in SF.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
World Machine

Austin-

-I appreciate that very much austin, thank you. I'll consider textures. Tomorrow I'll go down to the tech department and see if I can get more memory. The laptops the school provides are literally your "get the job done" computers, nothing fancy. That is why I need to save space for my assignments, etc........ Chamberlin itself is taking up a lot of space, so I don't want to overdue it.

-Yeah your right about the inspiration. There's no better place on the planet to get it from then where I am now.

-The skyscraper era for Chamberlin is coming to a close being that the commercial boom is becoming level on the charts. A couple more residential, but that will be it for a while. I want to work more on museums, homes, schools, the new highway, etc......

Thank you for the comment.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
World Machine

Thumbs up Update!

It's been a few days, and I've been quite busy, but have managed to put together this update.

This complex I'm particularly proud of. This is the Performing Arts Center. It was completed in 2004 as part of the revitaliztion of the Chamberlin Cultural/Museum District. The Performing Arts Center holds two theatres, an opera house, a small contemporary art museum, a 5 star restaurant (The Penninsula), and a few upscale shops. There is also a underground connector to the Museum Tower & the Ritz Carlton Hotel.

I'll have another short one tomorrow.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 12:51 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Nice. I really like the building next to the street. Min if I sort of copy that? It inspired me into making a museum or something with that shape. I really like it.

I won't make the building the same but with the fins/steps.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 4:02 AM
Editor

Look Dac, I have no suggestions, I mean you have put so much effort to make this such a belivible city, every last detail, the Plaza's the buildings, everything. Really, kudos, kudos.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 6:30 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Look Dac, I have no suggestions, I mean you have put so much effort to make this such a belivible city, every last detail, the Plaza's the buildings, everything. Really, kudos, kudos.
I appreciate that Patrick, thank you. I have put a lot of time into this, and wanted the city to look realistic as possible. Glad to see it is in the eyes of others.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 6:31 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Nice. I really like the building next to the street. Min if I sort of copy that? It inspired me into making a museum or something with that shape. I really like it.

I won't make the building the same but with the fins/steps.
Yeah, go for it. I actually took your advice for that building, for making it modern.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 11:56 PM
World Machine

Okay, now that the forum is back in steady stride, expect an update tomorrow. I've also been thinking of re-making Hutchinson in the Chamberlin file so that it is one big metropolitan area. It's a cool thought, but wouldn't happen overnight. What do you guys think about it?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 12:15 AM

actually,it should happen overnight (the Import process,anyway )
and add new york and brooklyn and staunton to!

dude,it's lookin awesome. I want way more pics,from all angles,behind,towerds those resis,towards the docklands,etc ASAP

how did the texture thing go?

Cant wait to see more!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 12:27 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
actually,it should happen overnight (the Import process,anyway )
and add new york and brooklyn and staunton to!

dude,it's lookin awesome. I want way more pics,from all angles,behind,towerds those resis,towards the docklands,etc ASAP

how did the texture thing go?

Cant wait to see more!
-I want to redo Hutchinson, and make it more detailed and realistic. The other one was just too "kindergarten" if you want to put it that way. If I can make Hutchinson like Chamberlin is now (cityscape and detail wise) then it'll be a grand slam.

-I show as many pics as I have time for. Cityscape doesn't pay for a
$45,000+ annual tuition.

-The textures aren't going to happen, atleast on this computer. Perhaps when school is over, I'll transfer the file to my home laptop, but by then, I'll be moving on to more important things.

Anyway, tomorrow's update will include a couple of museums and some random city shots. While the forum was out I made a bus terminal, offices for NJ Transit, and started building the University of Chamberlin. All will be shown sometime this week.

Here is a shot to hold you guys over.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 9:56 AM
nuttin

Kudos !

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
Posting Quick Reply

Wow, I haven't been around in quite a while and I definitely missed a gem here.

I LOVE this city.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 12:37 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Wre haven't had updates in a while, I think we need some soon.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:09 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Wre haven't had updates in a while, I think we need some soon.
I've been very busy over the last couple of weeks, and have not really touched the city. I'll possibly give one tonight.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:10 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan118 View Post
Wow, I haven't been around in quite a while and I definitely missed a gem here.

I LOVE this city.
Thank you!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup