HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 2:53 AM

Really cool to see the airport project taking shape.

I'm wondering about the 3101 Tulane project too... I think I read/heard that it will be retail/commercial on the bottom floor and then residential on top.

Does anybody know anything about the project rendered here? http://nola.curbed.com/2016/12/28/14...rdable-housing It's apparently replacing the old PepsiCo warehouse that was just torn down at 2537 Tulane, but I can't find any mention of it elsewhere and my attempts to use One Stop Shop were unsuccessful.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 12:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Really cool to see the airport project taking shape.

I'm wondering about the 3101 Tulane project too... I think I read/heard that it will be retail/commercial on the bottom floor and then residential on top.

Does anybody know anything about the project rendered here? http://nola.curbed.com/2016/12/28/14...rdable-housing It's apparently replacing the old PepsiCo warehouse that was just torn down at 2537 Tulane, but I can't find any mention of it elsewhere and my attempts to use One Stop Shop were unsuccessful.
Mentioned it on here a couple months ago ... it's just one of the potential developments

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Hey, two Tulane Ave questions:
1. Does anyone know what will be going in that new building (renderings above) on Tulane Ave?
2. Why is the street completion delayed yet again? When will it finish?

Bonus question:
3. When will Tulane Ave get a Starbucks next to the new hospital?!
The project is delayed for many reasons. Its biggest delay is one of many water valve leaks on the job. They cannot lay asphalt with water leaks. It is my understanding that they are waiting for S&WB to repair leaks. Also, there's some kind of hold up with the new lights, which is also a city issue.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 7:00 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
I think some of their complaints are legitimate.
Agreed

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 6:31 PM
-

Renderings for new Project replacing the old Roberts on Annunciation:

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 7:38 PM
-

New Canal Street ferry terminal design

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...y_termina.html

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 7:47 PM
-

NOLA to get 700 Social Bicycles, 70 stations by Fall 2017

http://nola.curbed.com/2017/1/20/143...gram-fall-2017

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 1:09 AM

That ferry terminal design is an insult to all transit riders and everyone should be outraged by it. It looks nice enough, but what's the point of having a terminal if you have to go outside to get on the boat and you still have to deal with trains? I'd rather they just keep what's there, as unattractive as it is.

Perhaps, I'm mis-understanding the concept, but it seems odd that the proposed bicycle share is geared towards residents. Who is going to deal with the hassle and pay $15 a month plus the $8/hour overages when they could just buy their own bike? You'd think that's one thing that they'd want to market to tourists with day or three day passes.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 1:20 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
That ferry terminal design is an insult to all transit riders and everyone should be outraged by it. It looks nice enough, but what's the point of having a terminal if you have to go outside to get on the boat and you still have to deal with trains? I'd rather they just keep what's there, as unattractive as it is.

Perhaps, I'm mis-understanding the concept, but it seems odd that the proposed bicycle share is geared towards residents. Who is going to deal with the hassle and pay $15 a month plus the $8/hour overages when they could just buy their own bike? You'd think that's one thing that they'd want to market to tourists with day or three day passes.
You really need to watch the video ... it's hard to explain otherwise . This company has experience in other southern cities so they seem to know what works and doesn't .

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
You really need to watch the video ... it's hard to explain otherwise . This company has experience in other southern cities so they seem to know what works and doesn't .
I get how it works, I'm just questioning the market, assuming the pricing is as described in the article. Are there that many residents who want a bike but would prefer to rent instead of buying? It seems like even most CBD apartment buildings offer bike parking. I ask as someone who commutes via bike a few times a week - roundtrip comes close to an hour, which would put me at the limit. The biggest benefit of biking for me is being able to go point to point without worrying about parking. A lot of that would be negated unless the stations are densely concentrated in only a few neighborhoods.

Alternatively, let's say I was visiting and wanted to bike around the city for several hours on one day - that could run up a $50+ bill. So it definitely seems catered to the commuter/resident type and not tourists.

When I think of the one problem I'd like the bike share to solve, it's the hundreds of thousands of tourists who drive in or rent a car for events and add to neighborhood parking and traffic problems. If you could a substantial portion of them to take a plane/train/bus into the city and bike to Jazz Fest (for example), that alleviate a lot of the festival and airBnB associated problems.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Renderings for new Project replacing the old Roberts on Annunciation:

This looks a lot--eerily, almosy--Torres' project on Bayou St. John.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 2:56 PM

Same development company, I believe. I think Torres actually sold the residential part of the Bayou St. John development.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 7:16 PM
NOLA Razorback

The bike sharing has a low income option too where its very cheap a month and hourly, so I think that'll help it be gauged towards locals too. Things I've noticed around town: The Reilly Foods new WD Magazine development is well underway. The old warehouse where that gorgeous new Parisian looking building is going is being demolished as we speak! The Ship Holding building a few blocks away is almost done, and the new FQ Margaritaville (le sigh) lot is cleared and looks ready to build.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 8:12 PM
NOLA Razorback

St Charles Ave Commercial

Also interesting, noticed this on the MLS, the rendering is of a mid rise that looks pretty great, zoned as a hotel or condos right off lee circle http://www.latter-blum.com/vacant-la...venue__2112380

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 10:26 PM

Mid City Development

http://canalstreetbeat.com/new-retai...oad-bienville/

Fascinating!!
I am really hoping for a Reginelli's Pizza. There's no Mid City location and, ya know, Magazine St has two, which is overkill.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 3:48 AM
life is good

^^^ why is it one story tho, kinda ridic!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 4:47 AM
-

Quote:
This looks a lot--eerily, almosy--Torres' project on Bayou St. John.
Same developer of both ... edwards Communities

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 4:48 AM
-

Quote:
http://canalstreetbeat.com/new-retai...oad-bienville/

Fascinating!!
I am really hoping for a Reginelli's Pizza. There's no Mid City location and, ya know, Magazine St has two, which is overkill.
well this is much better than the taco bell that was proposed there.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 4:55 AM
-

The Jung Awnings:

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 4:59 AM
-

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations