HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 1, 2011, 9:53 PM

I get chills everytime I visit this site and see how far along in construction this magnificent tower is. I cannot wait until the tower is complete and New York City once again takes its (rightful) place as home of the tallest building in the United States of America.

Personally, (and this is my view only) I think 1WTC is going to be an architectural masterpiece along the lines of the Chrysler building.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37TimPPG View Post
I get chills everytime I visit this site and see how far along in construction this magnificent tower is. I cannot wait until the tower is complete and New York City once again takes its (rightful) place as home of the tallest building in the United States of America.

Personally, (and this is my view only) I think 1WTC is going to be an architectural masterpiece along the lines of the Chrysler building.
i think the freedom tower looks pretty good, but i wouldn't put it anywhere close to the likes of the Chrysler building or the Empire State building for that matter. The best architecture today simply cannot not touch the best art deco. Think about it, despite the quality of the glass, it really isn't that interesting of a design, and is not minimalist enough to be excused as such, like 4wtc. I'm not saying it won't look really good, but when you talk about the best, another one may never come along in the ranks of chrysler or empire state.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 5:43 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.odonnell20 View Post
i think the freedom tower looks pretty good, but i wouldn't put it anywhere close to the likes of the Chrysler building or the Empire State building for that matter. The best architecture today simply cannot not touch the best art deco. Think about it, despite the quality of the glass, it really isn't that interesting of a design, and is not minimalist enough to be excused as such, like 4wtc. I'm not saying it won't look really good, but when you talk about the best, another one may never come along in the ranks of chrysler or empire state.
Sure, architecture isn't what it used to be. We all can agree with that. However, 1WTC, in my personal opinion, will look so beautiful and magnificent that all those intricate designs you see in older architecture won't matter much. Again, this is my opinion.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 8:41 PM
World Machine

It will look appropriate for what it is folks. The purposes of this building are to fill voids in both the skyline and Downtown office space. It will be an attractive modern building that will efficiently and rightfully fill its purposes.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 9:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Great to be back, can't wait to get my own photos...

coolz0r

chipomatic

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Great to be back, can't wait to get my own photos...
We waiting !

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 10:57 PM

Wow the WTC so far is really starting to creep up.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 11:01 PM

Fifth row of windows!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 12:25 AM

WTC New Years Eve

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 4:06 AM
Astorian

January 2nd, 2011

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 3:21 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Thanks.

A cam shot from today, on a beautiful morning...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 8:33 PM

I used to think this was the ugliest new building design. The renders definitely did not do the building's beauty justice. That glass is truly amazing and I can't wait until it's finished!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 8:36 PM
World Machine

Glad to see they’re getting a routine going again with the façade installment. To echo to ongoing comments, the glass looks fantastic.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 8:41 PM

this construction site is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. one quastion for those of you in the ny area, do you thing the recent fast pace of construction in the area is due to the 10 year anniversery of 9/11, or is it that they have cleared all the legal and financial aspects and now all thats left is the constraction.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 10:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitmetro101 View Post
one quastion for those of you in the ny area, do you thing the recent fast pace of construction in the area is due to the 10 year anniversery of 9/11, or is it that they have cleared all the legal and financial aspects and now all thats left is the constraction.
As far as this building goes, it's just the phase that this tower is in. Generally, once floors start rising, - residential or office - the pace is a lot quicker.

http://blog.archpaper.com/wordpress/...8A%2FN+Blog%29
World Trade Center Continues Upward Despite Blizzard

12.30.10 | Tom Stoelker

Quote:
[ As the World Trade Center continues its ascent, The Architect's Newspaper will be checking in each week for signs of progress at one of the country's most exciting construction sites. ]

The blizzard did little to deter holiday crowds from flocking to the World Trade Center this week. With few office workers in town, hundreds of tourists crushed onto the slushy sidewalks of Church Street. From behind St. Paul’s Chapel, a cacophony of languages could be heard. Construction moved forward with few signs of delay or disruption from this week’s snow and by Wednesday afternoon the site was humming as usual.

Workers install a window onto the western side of the building.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 10:43 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by searstower17 View Post
I used to think this was the ugliest new building design. The renders definitely did not do the building's beauty justice. That glass is truly amazing and I can't wait until it's finished!
Agreed, most renderings make this building look terrible, especially with the alternative top (communications ring) and for the other towers as well, STR's renderings are the only ones that make this complex look good, like real good... And I bet it will look real good once completed aswell.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 11:00 PM

Question: If the roof (parapet) is actually 1373 ft instead of 1368 ft as measured from (which?) entrance, does that mean the spire will be 1781 ft?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 11:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Question: If the roof (parapet) is actually 1373 ft instead of 1368 ft as measured from (which?) entrance, does that mean the spire will be 1781 ft?
No. The PA has stated that the spire will be 1,776 ft and when it's built I'm sure it will be.

Nate Hudson

Structures:NYC

Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 9:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLuver View Post
January 2nd, 2011

Shouldn't the panes of glass on the edge be flush with the angle of the trim? Looks like a design flaw (or in any case, weird) where the joints fall at a random place in respect to the layer above.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 11:19 AM

Do you mean the seams between the glass panes not lining up with the seams in the trim? They might look like they're not lining up because the photo is taken at a low angle and the trim is angled inward, giving the illusion that the seams are not aligned. I think if you look closer, you will find that everything lines up nicely.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive