HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Laurel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I dont see all the images on the main site anymore. They were there friday, gone today.
There were about 10 new images I had never seen before still up as of 12:30 this morning. I didn't think to save them all. Why would they delete them all? Another complete redesign? Curiouser and curiouser.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 3:53 PM

Very strange that they have all been taken down... maybe a new design yet again? I posted all the new images on the first page of this thread before they were taken down.

Even the Southern Land Company website has all images removed except for one:

http://southernland.com/portfolio/19...t/#prettyPhoto

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 4:15 PM

^^ Somebody probably jumped the gun, and like most Friday news dumps nobody noticed until Monday morning. DustinDowney monitors this site, so he probably took corrective action. As for this car entrance, it doesn't look too bad, but the new Sansom rendering didn't seem to have this. I doubt it's on the Moravian side, but I suppose all will be revealed in time. At least we have a sense that something's going on after a long dry spell.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 5:45 PM
BANNED

obviously there weren't ready to go public. A link to a facebook post was on PlanPhilly today so the word had gotten out and it must have been premature. Perhaps they wanted to show this to the neighborhood groups first.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 6:01 PM

New 1911 Walnut tower renderings revealed, then vanish from website

Quote:
It’s been quiet for months regarding 1911 Walnut, a mixed-use tower planned for Rittenhouse Square, until last Friday when a slew of new renderings were posted to the developer's website.

By Monday morning, however, the renderings mysteriously disappeared.

We were able to take a peek at the new designs before they vanished, though, and what we can tell you is that it looks like the Warwick Apartment House will not be demolished, along with the Rittenhouse Coffee House.

Friends of the Boyd, which posted this rendering on Facebook on Friday, says that the Oliver H. Bair Funeral Home will be demolished.

1911 Walnut is the second Philly-based project for developer Southern Land Company. We last heard about the tower in January, when plans were presented to the Philadelphia City Planning Commission.

At the time, the future of three historic properties next to the site remained in question. Rittenhouse Square Coffee House had been saved from demolition, but the Warwick Apartment House and Oliver H. Bair Funeral Home were still in limbo.

In January the architects, Solomon Cordwell Buenz Architecture, were also toying between two brick colors for the retail on Sansom Street. According to the new renderings, they’re going with red brick.

The height of the building is still unclear, though the website initially said it will be "approximately 50 stories." The description also stated that the renderings are not final or approved. It has yet to go to the Civic Design Review, though perhaps—fingers crossed—that may happen soon.

We reached out to Southern Land Company for confirmation on all accounts and to get a better idea of the project timeline. They had not responded at the time of publication, but we will update if and when we learn more.
http://philly.curbed.com/2016/8/8/12...enhouse-square

Old Posted Aug 8, 2016, 6:16 PM

^^Keeping the Warwick makes red brick the default option.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:15 PM

Have there been any other updates on this? The new disappearing renderings looked great, with the commercial activity on Sansom and the preservation of Warwick and the coffee house.

I can't remember - Do they still need to go for zoning / CDR?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Have there been any other updates on this? The new disappearing renderings looked great, with the commercial activity on Sansom and the preservation of Warwick and the coffee house.

I can't remember - Do they still need to go for zoning / CDR?
this has not gone to CDR but it will have to based on its size. It's possible they didn't want the renderings released before CDR.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 9:08 PM

The locals are getting restless.............

[IMG]Untitled

[IMG]Untitled

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 9:33 PM

Worth an Encore....too funny

I don't condone graffiti, but this made me laugh. I don't have 5 million dollars....hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
The locals are getting restless.............

[IMG]Untitled

[IMG]Untitled
I just wanted to Add: Whoever posted this on the picture, If you save every penny from paycheck to paycheck...by the time this breaks ground, you might have 5 mil.
You never know.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 10:33 PM
Pro Web Slinger

I've heard that it's illegal to own a permanent marker in Pennsylvania. Now I understand why.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 10:03 PM
Philly Pholly

Image showing 2100 Market Street and 1911 Walnut Street
https://flic.kr/p/MnAUuf

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 2:57 PM

From Building Philly today--test boring?

https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhi...type=3&theater

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 3:01 PM

^^Looks like it! Woo!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 3:39 PM
Philly Pholly

Adding to "under-construction"

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 3:54 PM
BANNED

well if they are testing the soil that means something is happening. Which is better than what we've had over last few months.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 4:03 PM

Flacking test bore in Philly? Drill deep enough who knows what they would hit.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Adding to "under-construction"
That's optimistic.

Haven't there been several test bores over the years?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 7:22 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
well if they are testing the soil that means something is happening. Which is better than what we've had over last few months.
I met with them yesterday and contracted an option of first refusal for the penthouse. Cost me $16,000. Will be applied toward the down payment later. If the building proposal fails I only get back $10,000. "Fails" equals: A. Social opposition that manifests itself into a turning of the enthusiastic tide held by city officials. B. Financing markers are not met within the delicate time frame established amongst Southern Land and opening financiers.

Now I only have $8.90 in my combined accounts. True story. And if you couldn't tell, I was bored so I made all of this up. But it sounds good so maybe it will give one of you a boner and you won't read this second paragraph.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post
I met with them yesterday and contracted an option of first refusal for the penthouse. Cost me $16,000. Will be applied toward the down payment later. If the building proposal fails I only get back $10,000. "Fails" equals: A. Social opposition that manifests itself into a turning of the enthusiastic tide held by city officials. B. Financing markers are not met within the delicate time frame established amongst Southern Land and opening financiers.

Quote:
Now I only have $8.90 in my combined accounts. True story. And if you couldn't tell, I was bored so I made all of this up. But it sounds good so maybe it will give one of you a boner and you won't read this second paragraph.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive