HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
The hot chocolate stand on Pinewood was packed earlier. Smart kid.
My uncle went there a couple weeks ago and said there was over an hour wait!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
My uncle went there a couple weeks ago and said there was over an hour wait!
Sells ice cream in the summer and instead of closing up shop for the winter, he pivots to hot chocolate! Pretty smart teenager.

https://www.919thebend.ca/2020/12/03/97049/

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 8:27 PM

They were working at the Kensington Apartments site when I drove by there this morning. Don't recall seeing a crew there before on a Sunday.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 8:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Back in the before times, Cordova Realty had a plan to build a commercial plaza at the SE corner of Gunningsville/Findlay Blvds. There had been a sign up on site for years, and a previous rendering (which is no longer online).

Well Cordova Realty is now Thrive Properties, and plans have changed.

This formerly commercial development is now residential, and will be named Dobson Crossing. No render is available, but here is the initial site plan, showing three apartment buildings. The building heights are unknown, but I'm guessing 4-6 stories. The development is referred to as a "master planned community."
There is now a render of the first building to be constructed in Dobson Crossing:

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 8:57 PM

Quote:
There is now a render of the first building to be constructed in Dobson Crossing:

Ferraris are a dime a dozen in Riverview!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 9:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Ferraris are a dime a dozen in Riverview!
With the new dealership opening in Dieppe next year, I guess they'll have to replace that car in the render with a Jag...........

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 10:30 PM

It will be interesting to see what Thrive Properties does in Riverview next year. With Dobson Crossing, The Tides, & The Current, they've got 3 major projects planned. I can't imagine that they'll be able to start all three. I'd like to see the project that will replace the chocolate river station get off the ground. That'd be a major development in Riverview.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 3:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to this webpage on the Thrive Properties website, The Current is planned to have a fall 2023 opening date.

https://thriveproperties.ca/projects...ent-riverview/

Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 3:39 PM

Quote:

According to this webpage on the Thrive Properties website, The Current is planned to have a fall 2023 opening date.

https://thriveproperties.ca/projects...ent-riverview/
So would that mean that they're going to start construction this coming spring/summer? It is a big project.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 3:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
So would that mean that they're going to start construction this coming spring/summer? It is a big project.
Maybe, but Thrive seems to have a lot of irons in their fire for the upcoming year. I wonder if they found some new investors with deep pockets.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but Thrive seems to have a lot of irons in their fire for the upcoming year. I wonder if they found some new investors with deep pockets.
They have a huge amount of projects planned. It just seems to me that there's more proposals on the table than they'd be capable of pulling off, unless they really stretch them out over time. With the scope of The Current, to be ready in 2023, I'd think they'd have to start this coming spring/summer.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 10:12 PM

Speaking of too many irons.. did anyone notice their plans for 28 Vernon St in Riverview?

"Best Of All Worlds
Mill Creek Estates offers the best of all worlds, small town living next to a large protected forested park, while being only minutes away from Moncton’s city centre. A nature focused and active living community like no other."

https://thriveproperties.ca/projects...creek-estates/

No actual building shown and nothing before planning commission I don't believe..

Last edited by Riberview; Dec 26, 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 2:04 PM

I see there is some earth moving going on next to the Findlay Blvd overpass. I’m still holding by my thought that they are going to be removing that overpass and that the new bridge will meet Coverdale road at an at grade intersection.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 6:13 PM

Quote:
I see there is some earth moving going on next to the Findlay Blvd overpass. I’m still holding by my thought that they are going to be removing that overpass and that the new bridge will meet Coverdale road at an at grade intersection.
Or a traffic circle? Seems to be the trend.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Or a traffic circle? Seems to be the trend.
The main concern with the overpass is pedestrian traffic and roundabouts don’t do a good job at moving pedestrian traffic efficiently. The traffic volume is also much to high for a modern around about to be efficient at this location.

I anticipate that the areas where the north ramps currently are and where the causeway gates currently are will be turned into a park. A focal point for the town type of park. The areas on the south side of Coverdale where the Ramos currently are I see as becoming land for future development to expand the streetscape of the town.

I would love to see Findlay tunes into a road like Gunningsville Blvd with a nice walking path, side walks and a reconnected Bradford street. Make it feel more like a road connected to the town and less like a highway that runs through the town.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 2:37 PM

Quote:
The main concern with the overpass is pedestrian traffic and roundabouts don’t do a good job at moving pedestrian traffic efficiently. The traffic volume is also much to high for a modern around about to be efficient at this location.

I anticipate that the areas where the north ramps currently are and where the causeway gates currently are will be turned into a park. A focal point for the town type of park. The areas on the south side of Coverdale where the Ramos currently are I see as becoming land for future development to expand the streetscape of the town.

I would love to see Findlay tunes into a road like Gunningsville Blvd with a nice walking path, side walks and a reconnected Bradford street. Make it feel more like a road connected to the town and less like a highway that runs through the town.
I didn't think of that. It's very true when you look at the Moncton side and see cyclists and pedestrians trying to get from west Main to Baig Blvd. or Salisbury Rd. It's very scary seeing someone trying to cross the traffic circle or any of the feeder roads.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
I didn't think of that. It's very true when you look at the Moncton side and see cyclists and pedestrians trying to get from west Main to Baig Blvd. or Salisbury Rd. It's very scary seeing someone trying to cross the traffic circle or any of the feeder roads.
The west Main circle isn't at all comparable to a new roundabout. It's a leftover from an era of traffic engineering where pedestrians and cyclists were quite intentionally ignored.

Here's a really quick idea for that area, if only the project was funded for a replacement railway overpass.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 5:59 PM

Hate to be that person but Has the railway through the city gotten to the point that its more of hinderance to development then providing any actual service?

it would make a great pedestrian/bike corridor.

could it be moved to to the tch corridor and have a station in elmwood?.. the track into moncton is more of detour now then anything.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 6:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I don't know, the ROW could be useful for commuter rail in 200 years time. I don't think we should repurpose it just yet.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 6:42 PM

The hump-yard is in play, remember. You need to get to that.

My personal experience as a cyclist at the West main circle is as I do whenever I'm on any street, act like a car, wear lots of lights.

Not for everyone, I know.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces