HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 4:58 PM

Also they will be previewing the other Apache and McClintock scheme

Old Posted Dec 8, 2023, 7:06 PM

It was dark when I drove by this week but did I see the 3rd tower crane up now for South Pier?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2023, 8:32 PM

I saw it up as well, thought maybe I missed that there was three before... but I guess there is another crane up! Excited, will do the lake walk today to check on the progress and post photos.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2023, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttown5 View Post
I saw it up as well, thought maybe I missed that there was three before... but I guess there is another crane up! Excited, will do the lake walk today to check on the progress and post photos.
No, there were only two as of my pictures on Nov. 28. I'll see if I can grab a picture on my way home.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2023, 9:02 PM

I can confirm from the boat parade there were 3 cranes....3 towers...3 cranes.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 6:19 PM

Tempe Depot Updates?

Anyone have any updates on this project??

I just noticed a new entry on the Tempe Development Project map for "Tempe Depot Plat" under "In Review for Planning Entitlements."

Are they modifying the existing plan?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2023, 4:19 AM

Snapped a pic of the infamous 3 crane situation at South Pier. The impact these projects will have from Tempe Marketplace is amazing.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2023, 7:47 PM

Did anyone get renderings for the new Apache McClintock development (NW Corner not SW) or the Verve project presented at the last DRC Study Session? Minutes/ video was not posted...

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Did anyone get renderings for the new Apache McClintock development (NW Corner not SW) or the Verve project presented at the last DRC Study Session? Minutes/ video was not posted...
This article from a few months back had renderings of Apache/McClintock:

https://azbex.com/planning-developme...nd-mcclintock/

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
This article from a few months back had renderings of Apache/McClintock:

https://azbex.com/planning-developme...nd-mcclintock/
No....as I said that's the SW corner...I am talking about the NW Corner....that was supposedly presented in the study session last week... Trying to find renderings of that project.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
No....as I said that's the SW corner...I am talking about the NW Corner....that was supposedly presented in the study session last week... Trying to find renderings of that project.
My bad. No I haven't seen anything for that one, but I'll keep my eyes out.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 5:05 PM

McCarthy completes Mill Avenue parking structure for ASU

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/m...cture-for-asu/

Quote:
Construction recently completed on the highly anticipated, $42 million, six-level, 429,000-square-foot Mill Avenue Parking Structure for Arizona State University (ASU) in Tempe, Ariz. The structure is located at 951 S. Mill Ave. in Tempe, east of Mill Avenue between 9th and 10th Street.

“For several years we have been diligently working on transforming what we call the Block 22/27 portion of the University from a low density and under-utilized piece of our campus,” said Alexander Kohnen, vice president of facilities development and management for Arizona State University. “This parking garage will allow members of the University community and visitors alike to take advantage of the new facilities we have created on the Block.”

To enhance the exterior look, the parking structure’s north and south faces feature a vertical metal screen composed of thin blades set at various angles for a distinctive look that is not typical of a parking facility. Its design allows for increased vehicle traffic flow through the garage’s different levels. During high traffic events, the entrance has a reversible gate arm that allows increased flow upon entry and can be reversed to increase flow after an event for more efficient exiting.

Construction on the related $88 million Mill Avenue Academic and Office Space (Wrap) structure surrounding the garage began in January and is expected to complete in August 2024. The five-story, design-build structure, which is connected to the parking garage, will feature 126,000 square feet of multiple academic, administrative, and retail spaces. The third floor of the wrap has been designed with an extensive sound isolation system to control external and internal sounds for instrumental practice rooms, group rehearsal and ensemble rooms and recording studio rooms. The wrap also has designated spaces for Esports, research labs, computer labs, filming/photography spaces, office spaces and flex-use areas.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2023, 3:27 AM

AZcentral on 4 Skyscrappers in Tempe

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...4/71976503007/

talks about

1. 780 South Myrtle Ave - SKYE Tempe ("27-story complex that will replace the old Salvation Army building")

2. 16 East University Drive ("25-story complex, near the intersection with South Myrtle Ave")

3. 211 East 7th Street ("26-story complex, near the existing Atmosphere apartment complex")

in downtown Tempe, and

4. 955 East University ("18 stories, just down the road from the intersection with South Rural Road")

Old Posted Dec 31, 2023, 3:33 PM

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 6:38 PM

Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 8:55 PM

Crane City:

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Damn, At this point this area of Tempe between Rural and Dorsey must be the densest populated place in the whole state.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 1:21 AM
Skyriser

The student ghetto, as it were, was always the densest part of the state, and now it just continues to expand and integrate with the rest of the city.

I have to wonder if there's an American suburb that has rebuilt itself as much as Tempe over the years. I remember when Apache constantly struggled to revitalize and the city was as desperate to celebrate making the Desert Rest motel's sign compliant with the city code on their website in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

And now there's four tower cranes off the beaten path, I've been skeptical of that area's development but it's clear developers want to get ahead or of or outright be what's next.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 5:15 PM

Tempe's transformation is astounding.

It somehow has become far more dense, urban, and modern while also losing the vibe that made it cool. Mill Ave is dead. The music scene is dead (though to be fair that's been gone for like 20 years). The restaurant and bar industry is mostly dead or boring, despite the rest of metro Phoenix doing really well. Some of the dives are going away. It's sad.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 7:21 PM

[QUOTE=combusean;10113310]The

I have to wonder if there's an American suburb that has rebuilt itself as much as Tempe over the years. /QUOTE]

Its got to be one of the more influential and heavily dense suburbs out there. But If it wasn't so small in population its already practically twin city situation in terms of economic importance. The size difference is just so heavily in the Phoenix direction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest