HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:07 AM

I just walked my dog just now and the smell is bad, I'm on 12th st and Washington at Caital Place, it's not a sewer or garbage smell. It smells like idk, maybe like a factory of some sort burning something. It's the same smell I remember around Tent City. I smell it right in the middle of downtown too. I seriously feel like I'm getting sick from it, just closed my balcony door because how bad it is. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
I just walked my dog just now and the smell is bad, I'm on 12th st and Washington at Caital Place, it's not a sewer or garbage smell. It smells like idk, maybe like a factory of some sort burning something. It's the same smell I remember around Tent City. I smell it right in the middle of downtown too. I seriously feel like I'm getting sick from it, just closed my balcony door because how bad it is. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Yeah, caught a wiff of what you're talking about tonight around the Convention Center.

Smells almost like fertilizer.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:12 AM

Speaking of Central station. A guy who says he's involved with the city (can't confirm if he's genuine) spoke with me on YouTube about Downtown Phoenix development and told me last week that the city was seriously considering Davis as the architect, who designed the two tower model we all fell in love with. One of those towers is 500 feet tall. Again, it's just a rumor but seeing the news pop up again about Central station had me thinking a little.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:23 AM

Yeah, Idk, I've noticed it the past month or two and some nights are really bad. Who the hell do go to about this,lol.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 3:02 AM

That smell is coming from Laveen I think. I have noticed that smell ss well and it smells like the landfill. Lol

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:43 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I think u might be right, I just don't know what has changed over the past couple months, maybe the winds? I was just outside again and don't smell it now. I really don't like it though. I don't live around farms and crap for a reason.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:56 AM

Nevermind, the smell is back :-(

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Speaking of Central station. A guy who says he's involved with the city (can't confirm if he's genuine) spoke with me on YouTube about Downtown Phoenix development and told me last week that the city was seriously considering Davis as the architect, who designed the two tower model we all fell in love with. One of those towers is 500 feet tall. Again, it's just a rumor but seeing the news pop up again about Central station had me thinking a little.
My hopes are up too. Last month I looked on DAVIS website and the rendering proposal was still up. It may mean nothing but you would think a professional developer would update their website especially on something that won't ever happen. I hope DAVIS pulls through with this their project on Central Station.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Yeah, Idk, I've noticed it the past month or two and some nights are really bad. Who the hell do go to about this,lol.
I smell it nightly in Tempe in the MAFW and it's a strong fertilizer smell.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 7:13 AM

Yes, it is getting really bad, been having my windows open since its been so nice at night but just closed them cause I'm literally feeling sick from it I think.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 7:23 AM

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...t-their-health

I drive past the 17 at around 1130 every night. It seems like the source is somewhere near the Tent City Area. There’s always smoke or a haze coming from there and it gets pretty thick around the I17 SW bend. It’s literally made me nauseous just driving through there before, which is very concerning. Smells like a mix between burnt rubber & fertilizer. Further, it’s concerning that guests in downtown are smelling that. Not a very welcoming smell to Phoenix lol.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...t-their-health

I drive past the 17 at around 1130 every night. It seems like the source is somewhere near the Tent City Area. There’s always smoke or a haze coming from there and it gets pretty thick around the I17 SW bend. It’s literally made me nauseous just driving through there before, which is very concerning. Smells like a mix between burnt rubber & fertilizer. Further, it’s concerning that guests in downtown are smelling that. Not a very welcoming smell to Phoenix lol.
I drive that every day and there has been some terrible industrial noxious stink a couple times. I have to guess its some sort of factory near the Durango curve

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 3:46 PM

Golf courses, homeless, and smells - Oh My! (just teasing)

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Golf courses, homeless, and smells - Oh My! (just teasing)

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 6:57 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-downtown.html

Somebody translate ??? Is wood partners just selling Alta Fillmore or are we getting another Alta downtown?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post

Somebody translate ??? Is wood partners just selling Alta Fillmore or are we getting another Alta downtown?

Here is the content:

Quote:
Wood Partners has sold the the Alta Fillmore apartment development in downtown Phoenix to a Canadian real estate investment trust for $59 million or $256,522 per unit.

The project is on Seventh Avenue and Fillmore Street on the west end of downtown Phoenix. ABI Multifamily brokered the big sale.

Alta Fillmore offered the buyer, Canada-based Pure Multi-Family REIT, a number of strategic advantages,” said Rue Bax, ABI senior managing partner, lead broker for the deal.

The Canadian real estate investment trust was looking to own a multifamily property in either Arizona or Texas, Bax said.

Downtown Phoenix has the highest concentrations of employment in Arizona and is home to a 12,000-student Arizona State University campus.

Atlanta-based Wood Partners has other projects in the Phoenix market and is trying to build another complex on Seventh Street in north central Phoenix.

ABI brokers Bax, John Kobierowski, Alon Shnitzer, Eddie Chang and Doug Lazovick, represented both Wood and Pure Multi-Family REIT.

The sale continues a trend of big sales for apartments in Phoenix, despite continued investment in new developments and thousands of new units poised to come online throughout the region.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post

Selling Alta Fillmore, and the "another complex on 7th Street" probably refers to 'Alta Marlette,' the one proposed for 7th St./Maryland.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 5:58 PM

Hines is apparently the developer developing the proposed Collier center multifamily highrise. They are negotiating with the City to sell the City 20 public parking spaces as part of the development.

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../171206008.pdf

Quote:
The Developer has proposed to develop the undeveloped pad at Colliers Center with a high-rise multi-family residential rental project. The pad is located at the southeast corner of the Colliers Center, near the corner of 3rd Street and Jefferson Street. While the Collier Center already has underground structure parking spaces for the residences, the Developer and the City has identified there is a need for additional public parking in the vicinity, and the developer has agreed to build at least 40 additional parking spaces. The Developer will then sell half of those spaces to the City and these approximately 20 spaces will be under total City ownership, which will assist in bringing new tenants into Downtown Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:07 PM

$256K per door is crazy.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:40 PM

How many stories???

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest