HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 6:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a lot of work ongoing for the extension of Aviation Boulevard around the north end of the main 06/24 GMIA runway and immediately adjacent to the south side of the TCH.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 3:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Expansion at the Extreme Cold airside cold storage facility on Aviation Avenue at the GMRBIA

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 7:01 PM

I wonder what the plans are for 632-634 Acadie avenue since the company who owns the land is trying to sell the building at 1$ (Moving cost not included in price) They did the same thing a few years ago before they built the TD Bank/Subway building the 2 homes on those properties where sold at 1$ each. Might just be extra parking But should keep an eye behind the Regis Street NBLC.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 2:58 AM

It seems Wingate Hotel Dieppe Is looking to be done construction, and open by the end of the month of April but are curently only excepting reservation for May 2017, and Beyond.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:39 AM

There's another large apartment building currently under construction along Dieppe Blvd. It's right behind the apartment building at the corner of Canaan drive. From the posted render, it looks like it will be a clone of the existing building.

Looks like the region may be headed towards another residential construction boost. It's too bad most of the buildings are still 4 story wooden structures, I had a feeling the city was turning a page with better quality construction. Still, there is some improvement with horizon place and especially 55 Queen.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 11:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of Horizon Place in downtown Dieppe (photo from the retail FB page). I was planning to take a picture myself, but I'm going to be out of town for the next week at a conference and won't get a chance to snap a pic for a while.

They're currently up to the sixth floor at the back end. There are another four floors to go. The building is definitely beginning to alter the Dieppe skyline..........

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Current status of Horizon Place in downtown Dieppe (photo from the retail FB page). I was planning to take a picture myself, but I'm going to be out of town for the next week at a conference and won't get a chance to snap a pic for a while.

They're currently up to the sixth floor at the back end. There are another four floors to go. The building is definitely beginning to alter the Dieppe skyline..........
Now that it's built up a little more. Is it just me or does it seem to be very close to the back, and side of Coast Tire, and close to the Deluxe French Fries parking lot as well.

It might look different if Dieppe's Downtown, and surrounding areas start building out like this.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tri Star Mercedes on Aviation Avenue now has it's signage:

Retail Talk & Share

I'm lifting a lot of photos from the Retail FB page today, but I don't feel bad. I'm fresh back from spending a week at a conference in New Orleans and haven't been around the city much recently.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I wonder what the plans are for 632-634 Acadie avenue since the company who owns the land is trying to sell the building at 1$ (Moving cost not included in price) They did the same thing a few years ago before they built the TD Bank/Subway building the 2 homes on those properties where sold at 1$ each. Might just be extra parking But should keep an eye behind the Regis Street NBLC.
I am guessing this has been sold. The sign is now down and they were digging on the lot last week. Over the weekend they removed all of the siding off of the house so I'm assuming it's probably coming down.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 6:04 PM

The GoDieppe citizen's group in collaboration with City of Dieppe is holding a press event concerning the announcement of a major infrastructure project in Dieppe tomorrow afternoon. The event is at the Centennial arena. I would assume the announcement will be for the long awaited new rink to replace the Centennial. There have been many rumours of it being 1 pad or 2 pads plus amenities... I guess we will see.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 6:42 PM

Yup it was confirmed by Francois LeBlanc‏ last week (Radio-Canada)

@RCFrancois May 5
Quote:
La @VilledeDieppe aura finalement son nouvel aréna après de nombreuses années de discussions; Une annonce aura lieu mercredi #icinb

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 10:45 PM

Do they really need a new arena in Dieppe with what is being built in Moncton? I mean this is not sustainable, why can't we share our infrastructures and resources? No wonder our cities and province can't pay for anything anymore. Money is not unlimited and property taxes are not either!
This is not just a Dieppe and Moncton thing, this is a New Brunswick-wide issue, everyone is doing it, especially places with a linguistic duality. I can honestly say this as a proud Francophone too.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Do they really need a new arena in Dieppe with what is being built in Moncton? I mean this is not sustainable, why can't we share our infrastructures and resources? No wonder our cities and province can't pay for anything anymore. Money is not unlimited and property taxes are not either!
This is not just a Dieppe and Moncton thing, this is a New Brunswick-wide issue, everyone is doing it, especially places with a linguistic duality. I can honestly say this as a proud Francophone too.
There is already an insufficient number of ice surfaces in Dieppe and the Centennial arena is falling apart. This new arena is meant as a replacement to Centennial and does not serve the same purpose as the Events Centre. There are a lot of wasted ressources and service overlaps in NB but this particular announcement is not an example of this.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 9:32 AM

The Centennial Arena is so old that they have to shovel the roof for fear of it collapsing. The roof can't sustain more than a coupla inches of snow.
It is booked so fulll that many Dieppe hockey teams now play in Memramcook and in Moncxton already.
There is no choice but to replace it. It actually has nothing to with the Events Centre or duality. It has everything to do with more demand for ice time by taxpayers than they can accommodate, and an aging rink that is a decade past its best-before date.
I asked the mayor one dAy and this is what he told me.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 12:30 PM

Good to know that this is not a situation of; you have one, I want one too. If Dieppe needs one then so be it, but as a society we should try to compromise and select what we really need as community, the piggy bank has been empty for a while. When it comes to money, as a municipality or as a household we should always ask ourselves, is this a need or a want. In any event, I was not aware of the Dieppe arena situation, I do not skate, have kids playing hockey or play hockey myself, however I just wonder how much more can Dieppe residents stretch their property tax bill. The assessment value of homes keep going up and up.

Last edited by OUIR@random; May 10, 2017 at 6:29 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 4:04 PM

The Centennial ice surface is also much smaller than any regulation size and the dressing rooms are comically small. There's one dressing room that is literally a 4ft wide hallway shaped like an L so you can't see or talk to anyone at the other end. Even smaller kids like atom teams have to take turns getting dressed while others stand. You can imagine how tight it is with a group of adults or even teens in there.

In retrospect, instead of Dieppe building all of this infrastructure in bits and pieces and all over the place, they should have probably done something like the Eastlink Center in Truro. That place is gorgeous with a rink, aquatic center, climbing walls, conference areas - the whole shebang in one place.

Also as a bit of a side note, The Dieppe Commandos were sold and are moving to Edmundston for 2016-17. The city is looking into replacing them with a senior hockey team which seems like a waste of time to me. They also applied for a major midget program with HNB but were denied. Bathurst got a team instead. They really want a high profile tenant in Dieppe I would assume for this new rink. The Olympic ice surface just doesn't work for that.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
The Centennial ice surface is also much smaller than any regulation size and the dressing rooms are comically small. There's one dressing room that is literally a 4ft wide hallway shaped like an L so you can't see or talk to anyone at the other end. Even smaller kids like atom teams have to take turns getting dressed while others stand. You can imagine how tight it is with a group of adults or even teens in there.

In retrospect, instead of Dieppe building all of this infrastructure in bits and pieces and all over the place, they should have probably done something like the Eastlink Center in Truro. That place is gorgeous with a rink, aquatic center, climbing walls, conference areas - the whole shebang in one place.

Also as a bit of a side note, The Dieppe Commandos were sold and are moving to Edmundston for 2016-17. The city is looking into replacing them with a senior hockey team which seems like a waste of time to me. They also applied for a major midget program with HNB but were denied. Bathurst got a team instead. They really want a high profile tenant in Dieppe I would assume for this new rink. The Olympic ice surface just doesn't work for that.
I love the RECC but you have to look at the fact Truro is a Town not a city, and also look at the services provided at RECC that Dieppe has already, and would leave units empty all over the city if they Turned Centennial into a RECC type center.

If Dieppe's Aquatic Centre was not built yet and all other facilities this would make a little more sense.

on another note: I think the city of Dieppe have plans to be a Mini Moncton Rather then small town spirit from what I've seen with there plans for Downtown Dieppe, and also Dieppe Blvd south of Fox Creek.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 10:21 PM

From an article on radio-canada, the arena complexe in Dieppe is at an estimated cost of 29M $ and will have 2 ice surface, an interior walking track, a community kitchen and a greenhouse. With the tennis court already on site, and I believed they will be staying there since they we're entirely redone just a few years ago, it will be a really nice year round sports complex in proximity of downtown Dieppe. Great news for the city.

Here's the link for additional info and pictures of the complex : http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/...cuisine-acadie

Also, there's another mini tower crane in uptown dieppe besides the NB liquor. Like NBNYer said, it looks like they are building a twin of the adjacent apartment building.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
From an article on radio-canada, the arena complexe in Dieppe is at an estimated cost of 29M $ and will have 2 ice surface, an interior walking track, a community kitchen and a greenhouse. With the tennis court already on site, and I believed they will be staying there since they we're entirely redone just a few years ago, it will be a really nice year round sports complex in proximity of downtown Dieppe. Great news for the city.

Here's the link for additional info and pictures of the complex : http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/...cuisine-acadie
Here are the pictures from the article. It looks like a very nice development. I had heard through the grapevine that there would be 2 ice surfaces and other community spaces. Also, a significant part of the project will be funded by the local business community. A great initiative.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 12:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

More ambitious than I was expecting.

This will be an excellent addition to the recreational infrastructure in the metro area.

Next up will be the new north end community centre for the NW part of Moncton. There will be movement on this file by next year at the latest.

Finally, this should give Riverview some ideas as well. They are planning a new recreation facility as part of the Mill Creek Park development, which if I recall, also will include a two pad ice rink complex.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces