HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 7:48 PM

Mastermind Toys with locations on Kennaston and Regent has filed for creditor protection. Their plan is to keep all 66 stores open however as with these sort of proceedings plans can change.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
^What are the renovations?
Not sure the extent but I believe they're upgrading (or have recently upgraded) their seats to be the lounge style like at the KP location. St Vital was undergoing a similar change over.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 8:50 PM

Tesla has 2 opening in Winnipeg, does that mean a dealership will finally be opening here? closest one is Saskatoon

Old Posted Nov 27, 2023, 9:28 PM

2 job openings. Maybe they'll do one of those mall store sales centre things. Would fit with their current delivery model.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Tesla has 2 opening in Winnipeg, does that mean a dealership will finally be opening here? closest one is Saskatoon
Considering its for a sales advisor position one would think some sort of retail presence is coming.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Access Winnipeg reported rumours about it being located in Waverly Automall.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 5:15 AM

I just visited Hudson's Bay @ Polo Park today for the first time since Winter last year. I wanted to see the mini-Zellers pop-up in the basement. I was a little disappointed with limited Zellers selection when compared to my regular expeditions to Hudson's Bay @ St Vital Centre where a quarter of the 2nd floor is Zellers. This Zellers pop-up occupied the area where Seasonal merchandise was displayed prior to 2020. The merchandise wasn't merchandised as densely as at St. Vital.

Surplus Market is gone. I wonder why Surplus Market closed inside Hudson's Bay Polo Park?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslusarc View Post
I just visited Hudson's Bay @ Polo Park today for the first time since Winter last year. I wanted to see the mini-Zellers pop-up in the basement. I was a little disappointed with limited Zellers selection when compared to my regular expeditions to Hudson's Bay @ St Vital Centre where a quarter of the 2nd floor is Zellers. This Zellers pop-up occupied the area where Seasonal merchandise was displayed prior to 2020. The merchandise wasn't merchandised as densely as at St. Vital.

Surplus Market is gone. I wonder why Surplus Market closed inside Hudson's Bay Polo Park?
Their site says they are taking a break for now and to stay tuned.

https://surplus.market/

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 1:59 AM

Lot Changes Going On at St Vital Centre La Vie En Rose Move To New Location Next To Tommy Gun Barbershop Bikini Village Move To New Locations Next To Journeys and Warehouse One Will Move From Original Location To New Location Next To Garage and Dynamite Next Year

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
Lot Changes Going On at St Vital Centre La Vie En Rose Move To New Location Next To Tommy Gun Barbershop Bikini Village Move To New Locations Next To Journeys and Warehouse One Will Move From Original Location To New Location Next To Garage and Dynamite Next Year
I would imagine this to prepare for Mark's moving into the mall?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Mastermind Toys with locations on Kennaston and Regent has filed for creditor protection. Their plan is to keep all 66 stores open however as with these sort of proceedings plans can change.
I heard a news report on the radio this afternoon that Kennaston is staying and the Regent (Kildonan Place) location is closing. Also closing are 17 more stores in Canada

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 2:20 AM

Mastermind Toys has been bought, a downsizing of store locations will be helpful, they expanded way too fast.

Mastermind Toys to be bought by company controlled by veteran retailer Joe Mimran
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...eran-retailer/

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 10:41 PM

Unique Bunny leaving the village, partly due to rise in crime

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czt34CyAuvm/

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...farewell-to-oz

Old Posted Dec 6, 2023, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Wins View Post
Unique Bunny leaving the village, partly due to rise in crime

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czt34CyAuvm/

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...farewell-to-oz

Another news story on its closure:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lage-1.7050128

Old Posted Dec 6, 2023, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
this quote is so sad but so realistic. the drug, homelessness, tent encampments isnt a OV things, it's across our nation. and her comments on parking is realistic for many, Yes many do live and walk to shop, but many of us (vast majority of population) do drive if you want us to visit your unique shops, we need parking somewhere

"heard from long-term customers who told her they were driving to her store on Pembina, instead of the Osborne location, because they didn't feel safe walking in the area and had nowhere to park their vehicles."

Old Posted Dec 8, 2023, 11:05 PM

Dollar Tree is opening up in the former Re:Store at Wall St and Ellice Ave.

Better than an empty building I guess.

Also in the same parking lot, a new quick lube shack called. VIP Lube just opened. Took 2 plus years to build for some bizarre reason.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2023, 3:53 AM

I noticed that lube place took forever.

In other lube news. The place on provencher and archibald is moving along. Framing is up and sheeting going on.

Anyone know what the plan is for the old elevator site accross archibald?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2023, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
Clearly it looks like they moved everyone on that side of the wing. My guess is they got a major retailer taking the whole thing.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2023, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Clearly it looks like they moved everyone on that side of the wing. My guess is they got a major retailer taking the whole thing.
Pretty sure it will be Mark's. Seem to recall it was mentioned in this forum awhile back.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2024, 8:01 PM

Quote:
this quote is so sad but so realistic. the drug, homelessness, tent encampments isnt a OV things, it's across our nation. and her comments on parking is realistic for many, Yes many do live and walk to shop, but many of us (vast majority of population) do drive if you want us to visit your unique shops, we need parking somewhere

"heard from long-term customers who told her they were driving to her store on Pembina, instead of the Osborne location, because they didn't feel safe walking in the area and had nowhere to park their vehicles."
Spoke to someone in regards to the haberdashery relocation, and it came down to the same issues as this. Homeless encampments encroaching and what not scared their customer base.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan