HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 5:53 AM
Ironweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Great news about the Tavernacle, and that they only had to move like 3 blocks away.
Which floor will it be on, and will they have any Cisco Red?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 1:49 PM

Any news updates on Sugar Town? I'm anxious to see this one under construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
A developer has filed a Zoning Amendment with the Planning Commission for a 4.37 acre property in Sugar House located at 850 East and 2100 South. They are requesting the property be rezoned from CC Corridor Commercial Zone (45' max) to CSHBD2 Zone (60' max). This will allow for additional height and density for residential units. They argue that with the additional height, they can provide better better amenities for residents, provide a mix of unit types and prices. They suggest that the additional 53 residential units gained by the addition of the 5th floor will be rent restricted by the 80% AMI standard in Salt Lake City.

The new development, Sugar Town Apartments, will be replacing the old Snelgrove Ice Cream Plant in Sugar House. It appears to be proposed as a five floor main structure with separate townhomes as part of the project. They don't specify how many total units the project will have or any other details.

Sugar Town Apts.

Quote:
See additional renderings below

Northwest Corner Night Rendering

Street Signage Rendering

Street Signage Rendering

Street Signage Rendering

Street Signage Rendering

Southeast Corner Rendering

North Facade Rendering

Southwest Corner Rendering

Southeast Corner Rendering

Townhomes Northeast Corner Rendering

Townhomes Northeast Corner Rendering

Townhomes Northwest Corner Rendering

Townhomes Northwest Corner Rendering

Upper Northwest Amenity Deck

Upper Northwest Amenity Deck

Upper Southwest Amenity Deck

Upper Southwest Amenity Deck

Interior Amenity Deck Rendering

Interior Amenity Deck Rendering

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 5:25 PM
Space Magi

The University of Utah has a new Planning, Design, & Construction website and they've added an entry that was new to me. The "Impact, Health, & Prosperity Epicenter" will be another Lassonde-esque business school building on the main campus mall starting construction in 2022:

Quote:
The building will provide housing for an international population of students participating in the centers’ programs with up to 575 beds in individual room and apartment configurations. Residents will range from undergraduate students to graduate students to leaders of NGOs who will come to the building for training. Living and learning will unite to form an organic social network that opens new ways of communicating and sharing developed around an assembly of spaces, nonhierarchical by design to nurture a culture of local and global impact. The operations of both centers will administer elements of student programming and support interdisciplinary research.

There are also new renderings of the HELIX project at the hospital and information on a new public safety building and new family/graduate housing.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The University of Utah has a new Planning, Design, & Construction website and they've added an entry that was new to me. The "Impact, Health, & Prosperity Epicenter" will be another Lassonde-esque business school building on the main campus mall starting construction in 2022:

There are also new renderings of the HELIX project at the hospital and information on a new public safety building and new family/graduate housing.
I can't say enough good things about Lassonde. Huge asset to SLC and I'm glad they are continuing in that direction.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 11:17 PM

There are also new renderings of the HELIX project at the hospital and information on a new public safety building and new family/graduate housing.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is the type of design standard we can look forward to in the area downtown where the U has partnered with the City! How unique and vibrant that neighborhood would be.

Not gonna lie, when I first read about that partnership I cringed at the thought of bland institutional buildings on the western edge of the city.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 3:14 AM
Eschew Obfuscation

Hey TMoney, you've got to remember to put the "[QUOTE]" at the beginning when you're quoting someone. Your last couple of posts have gotten kind of messy without them. It's hard to tell who is saying what.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 4:17 AM

[QUOTE=Reeder113;9384427]Hey TMoney, you've got to remember to put the "
Quote:
" at the beginning when you're quoting someone. Your last couple of posts have gotten kind of messy without them. It's hard to tell who is saying what.
Good to know. I'm new to this whole thing and it's a little confusing at times.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 6:44 AM

2185 S 900 E: https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
2205 S 900 E: https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
Demolition permits filed for 2185 S 900 E & 2205 S 900 E in Sugar House to make way for an apartment building.

The demo permits list it as "Sugarmont Apartments" but it is not the Sugarmont Apartments that has been under construction.

I believe it is still this project:

The project above is 4 floors and has 77 residential units. The sign in the rendering calls it '900 element' apartments.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Any news updates on Sugar Town? I'm anxious to see this one under construction.
Sugar Town went before the Planning Commission on May 26, 2021 for I guess a kinda preliminary Design Review. I believe they are going to do more redesigning of the building and come back to the Planning Commission.
Here is a link to the meeting minutes: http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Plan...021minutes.pdf

Here is a link to the vid of the meeting, they start discussing it around the 54 minute mark for over an hour:

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 12:52 PM

Kier has updated their Harvest at Marmalade photos : https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...-at-marmalade/

Photos Courtesy of KIER Construction @ https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...-at-marmalade/[/CENTER]

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 2:01 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoneySLC View Post

Good to know. I'm new to this whole thing and it's a little confusing at times.
Haha

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 9:46 PM

Transit Station Development: Wolfnest Row

The Basics: 3 floors. 5 townhouses replacing empty lot. Atlas Architects.

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Site Plan

Elevations:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 2:55 PM

^^^HMM... Not sure about that one. As shown with total brick and tiny windows it reminds me of those one and two-story bunker-style offices they've been tearing down lately. The whole thing feels like some kind of Mad Max type of fortress that will accommodate gun turrets.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 3:23 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
^^^HMM... Not sure about that one. As shown with total brick and tiny windows it reminds me of those one and two-story bunker-style offices they've been tearing down lately. The whole thing feels like some kind of Mad Max type of fortress that will accommodate gun turrets.
. Agreed. It looks terrible. Absolutely awful.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Excellent news! CINQ is going to be great. I love the adaptive reuse of the warehouse.

Greenprint Gateway is the project on the corner. It's not the best-looking design but it has two sizeable commercial spaces on the ground floor, which makes it a win in my opinion.
I agree with you Atlas on CINQ and also your critique of Greenprint. My only criticism of Greenprint is that they didn't capitalize better on the design at the street corner of the building. That should have been a little more like the engagement design of the Rio, especially with TRAX rounding the corner at that spot.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 4:35 PM
Space Magi

Here's a rendering of "Gabbott's Row" from Urban Alfandre (new to me) that sort of counteracts the immense ugliness of Wolfnest Row from a few posts ago.

Quote:
Gabbott’s Row

Coming soon…A new townhome-style “missing-middle” residential community in the Ballpark District of Salt Lake City

Also found at the link provided above, in addition to Sydney and Slate, there are two other sizeable Central Ninth projects called "Sage" and "Sloane" that I don't think I knew about before.

Quote:
Sage

A new 71 unit urban residential project that is located steps from the 900 S Trax station and just around the corner from restaurants, bars, and shopping.
Quote:
Sloane

88 unit apartment project adjacent to the Central Ninth TRAX station in Salt Lake City.

image of Sloane

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 5:59 PM

Astra Tower

Do any of you forumers know when the ground-breaking date for the Astra Tower is ?

I know that there has been some legal issues but I thought that they had been resolved.

On another point , why dont the property owners of the lots that are the site of future towers, keep their empty lots maintained??

A case in point is the empty lot on the northwest corner of West temple and 4th South, which is terribly overgrown with shit and looks horrible. Is it really that expensive to maintain an empty lot so that is is not such a terrible eyesore all the time?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 6:47 PM

I know I’m def in the minority here but I’m a massive fan of the wolfsnest row place!! Brutalism isn’t for everyone, but I’ve always appreciated how totally honest and direct as a style it is, I’m happy to see it recently having something of a small comeback in certain places. We wanted architectural diversity, stuff more interesting than 4 story cardboard boxes, and we got it here hahah

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 9:11 PM

Quote:

Project Rendering
I love these. Atlas Architects is awesome and I'm a huge fan of brutalist-inspired design. Not everything needs to look the same.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 1:37 AM
Engineer

Also people who hate the sun need somewhere to live just like the rest of us.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West