HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 2:43 AM

Coachman on State - Planned Development

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address: 1301 S. State Street

We now have the plans for the replacement of the Coachman's Restaurant on State Street.

The Basics
5 floors & 65 feet tall with 112 condominium units.
31 studio units, 58 1-bedroom units, & 23 2-bedroom units.
Parking: 120 parking stalls for housing, 51 for retail & restaurant, and 24 for office space.
The project includes 7,877 sq. feet of office space.
The project will also have 24,855 sq. feet of ground floor retail (8,318sq feet) and two restaurant spaces (7,038 sq feet & 9,499 sq. feet).
One of the restaurants in the rendering below is listed as 'Coachman Restaurant', so it is possible they intend to resurrect the restaurant in some way.

Project Description from Developer
Applicant is proposing to develop the Coachman Mixed Use 1301 S. State St. Salt Lake City, Utah. This property is comprised of two existing parcels in the heart of the city. Coachman’s Restaurant and an office building currently occupy the site. These existing structures will be demolished.

We propose to construct a mixed-use building with restaurant/commercial at the street level, structured parking and office space at the second level, and approximately 112 condominiums with elevator service. It will be 6 stories total: a single level of concrete construction below-grade (parking structure), two stories of concrete Type I construction (commercial, restaurant and office space and parking), and 3 stories of wood-framed Type III construction (housing units, common spaces). The main entrances, restaurant, commercial spaces and structured parking will be at the same level as the existing sidewalk.

At the sidewalk level, the building will have three separate and distinct spaces divided by vehicular & pedestrian access points to activate the street level and provide visual interest. The proposed parking ratio is approximately 1.5 stalls per housing unit. The project will have 1 bedroom & 2 bedroom condos to provide housing options to a broad spectrum of the market and encourage diversity in our tenants.

The housing units will offer prospective homeowners an affordable housing option and will be a for-sale product. This will engender long-term investment in the neighborhood. The condos will include high-end finishes, tall ceilings, custom cabinets and countertops, and large windows for natural lighting. Many units will have either an exterior balcony or a juliette-style balcony off of the main living space. Project amenities may include outdoor hot tubs, outdoor courtyard, common lounge/clubhouse, fitness room and bike lockers.

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Site Plan

Aerial View

Aerial View

West Elevation

East Elevation

North & South Elevation

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 4:48 AM

Brinshore Project

Does anyone out there know if the Brinshore project will be concrete construction or steel based construction?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
..Regarding the Walgreens replacement on 9th West, I think that this is a good project for the area. The inclusion of nearly 100 3 bedroom apartments is also good. We need to see more apartments being built with a higher percentage of 3 bedroom apartments. This will help families to stay in the City as it continues to grow.
It's not an exciting project but that is a large parking lot that will be replaced with allot of housing.

The Coachman project looks nice.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2021, 8:10 AM

Coachman project looks dope. Especially if they resurrect the restaurant! Only bad part is that it's on State, but super exciting to see multiple projects around that part of 1300 S.

Also, I drove past Chegoya Market at 202 900 E the other day and saw that it's for sale as a development opportunity. I think it could be pretty appealing for infill given its proximity to the U and the 200 South corridor plan.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2021, 12:44 AM
dtwn_living

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoneySLC View Post
Does anyone know if they're planning on putting balconies on the front of the CCH? In the concept art it's just flat, curved glass. But it looks like they've added doors to the front, which indicates a balcony? Unless those are closets or something?

I believe those are just the doors for the construction elevator if I'm not mistaken?[/QUOTE]

They seem more permanent and it is flat so I have been assuming the doors will be access points for the large screen that will be installed there. But, I have a feeling the screen got cut because the images on Hyatt's website show curved class and no one has talked about them doing a large screen for some time.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2021, 1:35 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah_amazing View Post
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/cit...howinspection=

address: 1301 s. State street

we now have the plans for the replacement of the coachman's restaurant on state street.
Pancake Flats!

Old Posted Aug 29, 2021, 3:38 PM

I'm excited about the Coachman project. It's a couple of blocks from where I live. I especially like the underground parking. It looks like it's a big project, nice. I ate at Coachman once. I was turned off by the sticky carpet. A new Coachman without carpet would be great.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2021, 3:53 PM

My favorite view of the Hyatt Regency is driving north on West Temple about 4th or 5th South. You can really see what a big building it is. It's exciting that SL is getting a Hyatt Regency. It would be nice if it were taller, of course, but the shape and proportions make up for the lack of height. I hope they do something fun with the interior. When I think of Hyatt Regency I think of the one in SF at Embarcadero. The interior is a hollow space that goes up about ten stories. It isn't very tall either.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2021, 10:56 PM
Ironweed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2theSKY View Post
This is turning out to be a great looking tower! I like the different shades of glass being used in a vertical fashion. I think it helps break up the width and adds a sense of height. Fortunately their not going with "bold concrete" for the elevator shafts.
I agree, this looks like it will turn out well.

Where is Orlando? I hope he and Comrade are not conspiring to hold an annual national convention of the Juggalo Insane Clown Posse downtown. (JK )

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 2:53 PM

I'm here. I just don't have much to comment on lately. I think the Convention Center Hotel is looking great, and is a good addition to the skyline because it expands the CBD highrise cluster more westward.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 5:25 PM

I can’t be certain about all these big Commercial projects but I wouldn’t be surprised to see continued delays with large residential projects. This time period has to be one of the most frustrating and difficult periods of time to get projects off the ground or completed due to continued manufacturing delays across the board. Subs are getting stacked up in there schedules as delays cause a domino affect.

And it’s Monday! Fack

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 3:18 PM

I feel like Astra should be starting any second now

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 4:58 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Nice view from the 21st floor of Liberty Sky

https://www.apartments.com/liberty-s...ty-ut/fc88wxs/

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 6:41 PM

Looks like work has started on the Cinq project in Greek Town. Demo work at the least. There's a crew there today tearing up the old parking lots on either side of the historic warehouse.
Work has also started on the apartments on the western corner of the same block (can't remember the name of them, they're replacing an old car shop).

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 6:54 PM

Great news! I think the Cinq will help transform that part of town.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 7:01 PM
Space Magi

Excellent news! CINQ is going to be great. I love the adaptive reuse of the warehouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Looks like work has started on the Cinq project in Greek Town. Demo work at the least. There's a crew there today tearing up the old parking lots on either side of the historic warehouse.
Work has also started on the apartments on the western corner of the same block (can't remember the name of them, they're replacing an old car shop).
Greenprint Gateway is the project on the corner. It's not the best-looking design but it has two sizeable commercial spaces on the ground floor, which makes it a win in my opinion.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 7:36 PM

Tavernacle found a new location in the Broadway Media building on 300 s and 50 w.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 7:56 PM

Excellent news! Glad the Tavernacle isn't dead. They had a big moving truck outside their former location and were moving at all the furniture, signage, and what seemed like much of the bar itself.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 9:13 PM

Hyatt-Regency Hotel

It looks like the tower cranes are about to be raised at the Hyatt-Regency.

Also, I really like the way the tower looks so tall and narrow from the south and north views. Its a really nice change from the rectangular and boxy stuff we usually get here.

On another note, the last tenant of broadway Plaza is moving out at the end of August (today) so im betting demolition for the Convexity Tower will begin in September.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 11:44 PM

Great news about the Tavernacle, and that they only had to move like 3 blocks away.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West