HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 1:57 AM

Taco Del Mar on Portage Avenue ~1100 block is now open.
They were giving away free burritos and drinks from 5 - 8.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 4:50 PM

Mr. Bones is apparently back.

Quote:
**THE DEAL IS DONE**
It was starting to feel like this day was never going to come but we finalized the deal for our first location.
More details on location and grand opening in the weeks to come. We would like to thank everyone for their patience through this process.
https://www.facebook.com/MrBonesPizz...26248917566458

Old Posted Apr 11, 2013, 5:49 PM

I remember Mr Bones..was it 3 for 1 or 4? Something about artificial cheese or ingredients? It's been so long since I had thier pizza, hope it has improved, as Dominoes took a dive and regrouped to improve thier product. More competition is better for all around prices.

ps: like your avi.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 12:05 PM

Taste of Mediterranean is opening up at 244 Kennedy (at corner of Graham). They are a franchise. got to see another quick service place to grab a bite to eat on lunch hr or before a Jets game.

http://www.tasteofmediterranean.ca/index.htm

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Taste of Mediterranean is opening up at 244 Kennedy (at corner of Graham). They are a franchise. got to see another quick service place to grab a bite to eat on lunch hr or before a Jets game.

http://www.tasteofmediterranean.ca/index.htm
Is the Starbucks there closed? The website says 412 Graham which is exactly where the Starbucks is or was.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 4:41 PM

ok so that is what's opening up in the other unit directly south of starbucks (the building has a second unit beside the coffee shop that's been for lease for years)! thanks for indirectly answering my query from the construction thread! starbucks is still kicking at that location, btw.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
ok so that is what's opening up in the other unit directly south of starbucks (the building has a second unit beside the coffee shop that's been for lease for years)! thanks for indirectly answering my query from the construction thread! starbucks is still kicking at that location, btw.
Ah yes, makes sense. Good to hear - lots of activity at that corner (well, except for the south east side).

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 7:45 PM

Two ways to get Nip and Fries

Woooo...Weeee Xpress sals....Faster fries and burgers....

Salisbury House wants to be all things to all burger-loving people, regardless of how much time they have to eat.

The iconic Winnipeg-based restaurant chain recently unveiled a two-tiered approach in its 14 Winnipeg locations. Half of them will be full-serve, where customers are met by a server at their table, 24 hours a day.

The others will be "Xpress" stores, which will have about one-third of the full restaurant menu, cafeteria-style service, some lower prices and reduced hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS: I do have an occasional coffee and breakfast ..so ..superfast...get me out the door....

Read more at:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...202816271.html

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruler462 View Post
He's referring to the old blockbuster at St Mary's and Traverse/Coniston, closer to downtown. There's a Snap Fitness there right now.
it's now open so we went to Taco Dedl Mar on St. Mary's, not bad food. bonus is that kids eat free on sundays! it was packed!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
Woooo...Weeee Xpress sals....Faster fries and burgers....

Salisbury House wants to be all things to all burger-loving people, regardless of how much time they have to eat.

The iconic Winnipeg-based restaurant chain recently unveiled a two-tiered approach in its 14 Winnipeg locations. Half of them will be full-serve, where customers are met by a server at their table, 24 hours a day.

The others will be "Xpress" stores, which will have about one-third of the full restaurant menu, cafeteria-style service, some lower prices and reduced hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS: I do have an occasional coffee and breakfast ..so ..superfast...get me out the door....

Read more at:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...202816271.html
should say 13 locations? the one at dominion centre on marion just closed... should be a starbucks!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 3:51 PM

Quote:
it's now open so we went to Taco Dedl Mar on St. Mary's, not bad food. bonus is that kids eat free on sundays! it was packed!
I tried the location at Kenaston/Mcgillivray the other day. Was absolutely packed at lunch time.

I don't recommend getting food to go. Everything leaked out into the bag. I had 3 fish tacos wrapped in foil literally sitting in an inch of water/pico/hot sauce in the bottom of the shopping bag they gave me the food in :/ Everything was a sloppy mess.

Next time I'll get a burrito and have it inside. the "fish" tacos are supposed to be their specialty but it could have been a Mcnugget in there for all I know.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 10:52 PM
BANNED

there's a new diner opening up in the old Element sales centre (201 Sherbrook) called "Fitzroy". going to be licensed and open late.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 4:22 AM

Browns Social House

Looks like Browns Social House, which has and is opening up several locations across Saskatchewan is looking to expand further east in Winnipeg.

http://brownsrestaurantgroup.com/cor...opportunities/

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownRiderFan View Post
Looks like Browns Social House, which has and is opening up several locations across Saskatchewan is looking to expand further east in Winnipeg.

http://brownsrestaurantgroup.com/cor...opportunities/
Hmmm, according to the website they want a minimum of 10 locations in Winnipeg? That seems pretty ambitious. They also claim that a Brandon location is a "done deal". Interesting.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Hmmm, according to the website they want a minimum of 10 locations in Winnipeg? That seems pretty ambitious. They also claim that a Brandon location is a "done deal". Interesting.
cool concept, very much like joey's or earls or moxies. maybe 2-4 locations max. we don't have that many people that are willing to pay $17 for burger & fry platter. their menu looks super yummy.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 1:18 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
cool concept, very much like joey's or earls or moxies.
Or Milestones. That market is getting pretty crowded!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 2:12 PM

Quote:
cool concept, very much like joey's or earls or moxies. maybe 2-4 locations max. we don't have that many people that are willing to pay $17 for burger & fry platter. their menu looks super yummy.
If they are looking at more a Boston Pizza style of model it could easily be 10 locations:

1 - Kildonan Place
2 - St Vital
3 - U of M
4 - Kenaston
5 - Polo Park
6 - Unicity
7 - Garden City
8 - Henderson
9 - Downtown

That is without even being overly agressive in terms of store overlap either, and yes I am short one location but I am sure I missed at least one potential area.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
If they are looking at more a Boston Pizza style of model it could easily be 10 locations:

1 - Kildonan Place
2 - St Vital
3 - U of M
4 - Kenaston
5 - Polo Park
6 - Unicity
7 - Garden City
8 - Henderson
9 - Downtown

That is without even being overly agressive in terms of store overlap either, and yes I am short one location but I am sure I missed at least one potential area.
BP attracts families and kids sports teams (trust me I'm in there all the time with my kids hockey, baseball, lacrosse teams). these are not "family-style" restaurants.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 5:18 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
BP attracts families and kids sports teams (trust me I'm in there all the time with my kids hockey, baseball, lacrosse teams). these are not "family-style" restaurants.
I don't think he implied that they were going with the BP business model, but rather the density and coverage of the locations.

I think MANY in Winnipeg would like having a location in their area. I would love to have a pub like this somewhere close to my neighbourhood, especially if they position them away from the big box areas and closer to residential areas.

Put one on Henderson and I will be there a few times a month.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 5:57 PM

The two Regina locations are not big restaurants. They seem to like the smaller size for whatever reason. Might make it easier to get that many locations. They are also planning 10 locations across Sask (including some smaller centres) in the next few years so they are being very aggressive across western Canada.

http://www.leaderpost.com/life/food/...723/story.html

Will be interesting to see if they can actually open this many locations.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan