HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 2:48 AM
Honored Member

After looking at all the great pics of the new curtain wall sections I have to conclude that every other section is adjustable in width and the glass well be cut and installed later. However, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Nov 20, 2010 at 3:09 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 2:55 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegen View Post
I wasn't patient so i used gimp to see how it would look with all of the glass in place THIS IS FAKE
Not bad...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
Yes, it's a laptop, but it was the last generation of Inspiron notebooks built with gaming in mind. Basically, an Alienware without the pricetag and horridly tacky detailing and ugly logos everywhere. I've actually been using win7 since day zero, since I got an awesome preorder discount ($40?). Just never had a need to up the ram to take advantage until now. My PC starts to chug at around a million polygons, and this Manhattan model (because it's the WHOLE ISLAND) is 3.5 million.

As for your bluescreens, that's a driver issue, I'd bet money on it. I reinstalled on a clean drive and pet Windows handle all the drivers except for the video card, and a couple it didn't have in its database. Haven't had a single bluescreen, except on the rare occasion I overheat the thing.
Ok this is way more off topic than the whole spire height controversy. Can we keep nerdy computer talk off this thread from now on, pm each other if you want to know what the other person is typing on...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 3:01 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
Ok this is way more off topic than the whole spire height controversy. Can we keep nerdy computer talk off this thread from now on, pm each other if you want to know what the other person is typing on...
That was already taken care of. Everybody stay on topic now, for once....

Lakeside Ninjas

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 3:23 AM
Honored Member

Remember, the PA uses an elevation system based on a zero point 300 feet below mean high tide at Battery Park Point, SUBTRACT 311' 2" (The elevation of the Lobby, floor one, ground floor.) from any elevation shown on the prints.

Didn't have to dig too deep for that pic ^^^. Kidding, the prints are in my gun safe now, not in the office trailer.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Nov 20, 2010 at 3:33 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 7:01 AM

wow! Almost to the 50th floor. If they get this building to topped out to the roof height, by the tenth aniv. of 9/11 that was be amazing. I was wondering if anyone of our New York friends knew why they're not making wtc 2 the same height to it's top diamond peak, the same height, as the roof of the original tower 2 wtc? It seems like it would be a nice tribute to the original wtc 2 tower.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 7:12 AM

Can't wait to see when all that beautiful glazing is complete!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 8:30 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
If you scroll up, your question was already answered. No need to keep repeating it.
nope dont see it senor no lo veo para nada

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 9:12 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Just uploaded some awesome new renders with what my computer can manage at the moment. To help keep this thread clear, and to provide one single place to keep up with everything, I'm going to post most of my images in the following thread. New World Trade Center 3D model. A link is conveniently located in my signature too. Leave a comment to let me know you were there and to show your love.

Link to the newest stuff.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 2:53 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Wow, almost photo realistic. This tower is going to look great on the skyline.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 3:19 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
^ Wow, almost photo realistic. This tower is going to look great on the skyline.
I love how the spire is dead center of that skyline. I'm not sure what the nighttime lighting plans for it are exactly, but if they are going to use different colors a la the ESB's mast, it should look awesome.

This may become the new favorite skyline panorama of NYC, the way the view of the old twins from NJ used to be.

I ❤️ NY

Last edited by CoolCzech; Nov 21, 2010 at 1:40 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 5:20 PM
Editor

Quote:
Assuming you are talking parapet height, it depends on which side you measure from.
From Fulton it's 1368, from the north (Vesey) side, which has a lower elevation, it's 1,373.
The north entrance has stairs in the lobby to make up the difference.
If that is true the total height has to more than 1,776ft or not? 1,373 + 408 ft spire = 1,781ft (ca.543 meters) instaed of 1,776ft (541m)

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 6:21 PM

From one entrance. I don't think it's that much of a deal, unless they bring it up on the news. The simple fact that they dedicated the tower's final height to the same year as the founding of our country is good enough for me.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 6:23 PM
Editor

If it is 1,776ft from the main entrance and 1,781ft from the lowest entrance, then 1,781ft is counting. Always the greater height after CTBUH-criterias.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 6:53 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorldTradeCenter View Post
If it is 1,776ft from the main entrance and 1,781ft from the lowest entrance, then 1,781ft is counting. Always the greater height after CTBUH-criterias.
Not true.

The height only counts if the entrance is contiguous with the majority of the pedestrian street level in the surrounding environs:

Or in other words: The ground of the surrounding buildings is also at that level. Below grade plaza entrances do not count.

Read the actual citation in the footnote section on the CTBUH website:

Quote:
Footnotes:
1 Level: finished floor level at threshold of the lowest entrance door.
2 Significant: the entrance should be predominantly above existing or pre-existing grade and permit access to one or more primary uses in the building via elevators, as opposed to ground floor retail or other uses which solely relate/connect to the immediately adjacent external environment. Thus entrances via below-grade sunken plazas or similar are not generally recognized. Also note that access to car park and/or ancillary/support areas are not considered significant entrances.
3 Open-air: the entrance must be located directly off of an external space at that level that is open to air.
4 Pedestrian: refers to common building users or occupants and is intended to exclude service, ancillary, or similar areas.
5 Functional-technical equipment: this is intended to recognize that functional-technical equipment is subject to removal/addition/change as per prevalent technologies, as is often seen in tall buildings (e.g., antennae, signage, wind turbines, etc. are periodically added, shortened, lengthened, removed and/or replaced).
6 Highest occupied floor: this is intended to recognize conditioned space which is designed to be safely and legally occupied by residents, workers or other building users on a consistent basis. It does not include service or mechanical areas which experience occasional maintenance access, etc.
Above citation found here: http://www.ctbuh.org/HighRiseInfo/Ta...B/Default.aspx

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 7:01 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^His greater point still stands. Vessey street IS the grade. So it will be 1781.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 7:58 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
^His greater point still stands. Vessey street IS the grade. So it will be 1781.
Well, good to know... But there goes the significance of 1776'. Now that that number is out the window, they might as well have gone for over 2000' just for some added height.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 9:49 PM

How much stories 1 WTC need to have,to pass wtc 7 ?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 9:50 PM

Sorry for the second post

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Well, good to know... But there goes the significance of 1776'. Now that that number is out the window, they might as well have gone for over 2000' just for some added height.
AMEN!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive